Hello Guest May 03, 2024, 14:39:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Greenpeace donation from the game sells.  (Read 9194 times)

wiqvist

• Forum member
Greenpeace donation from the game sells.
« on: September 25, 2010, 13:18:59 »

When I pre-ordered the game, I made the donation to Greenpeace.

So, how much money did Greenpeace get from this sale? Just wonder and of cource hope they got a lot of money.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Subwolf

• Forum member
Re: Greenpeace donation from the game sells.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 15:23:45 »

Well since you pay 2 euros more if you donate I guess that's what they get per copy ;)

But as a Norwegian I don't care much for Greenpeace since they tried to mess up our whaling industry. So I didn't donate, will never play their ships or their campaign. I simply ignore it.

PoRL

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 18:31:00 »

Just wondered where the option was to donate it to Japanese whaling research instead??  :evil:
On my boat, the crew's job is to make the skipper look good!

oceandream

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 18:34:42 »

Just wondered where the option was to donate it to Japanese whaling research instead??  :evil:

Anything could be possible for that donaition going too the whaling industry  :evil:

Join Greenpeace virtual today
We need more members too keep out forum active

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 19:05:30 »

Lets just say that gaming developers should be careful about involving ongoing political issues in games. I find this part of the game offensive, specially a mission created by vstep where Japan and Norway are mentioned as the bad guys. Hopefully they think twice in the future if they plan to expand this Greenpeace stuff.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 04:26:36 »

Well since you pay 2 euros more if you donate I guess that's what they get per copy ;)
Hehe, I of cource ment how much they got totaly from Vstep. If I was the only one, yes then they got 2 € but I suppose that some more persons did the same as me.

But as a Norwegian I don't care much for Greenpeace since they tried to mess up our whaling industry. So I didn't donate, will never play their ships or their campaign. I simply ignore it.

Well, we are different, I did the donation just so they could mess a bit more with 'our' whaling industry, not the only reason of cource, I like when they stop companies from dumping toxic in the osceans and stop ships from pumping oil in the sea. I would also have liked if the whaling fleet in SSE had sailed under Norwegian flag.

But I hope this thread will not turn into a debate about whale hunting. Just hope that Vstep will give some information about how much Greenpeace got from the sale of the game.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 04:31:33 by wiqvist »

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 04:32:07 »

Hi wiqvist,

I'm sure the ammount will grow as time goes by, and perhaps when a certain mark is reached, an indication could be given. But there is not a final ammount yet, I would think. There can't be a total yet untill there's no more donation versions sold.

But we can't be sure that they will disclose that yet, we can't even be sure that Greenpeace would want to publish that either, who knows. If they'd want to, I am sure they will at a certain point!  :)

Fred

lifecool

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 08:05:58 »

Hopefully they think twice in the future if they plan to expand this Greenpeace stuff.

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 08:16:42 »

Having seen a video of one of the Greenpeace missions I certainly won't be buying SSE.

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 17:24:16 »

Hehe, I of cource ment how much they got totaly from Vstep. If I was the only one, yes then they got 2 € but I suppose that some more persons did the same as me.

If you check the Vstep site you'll see them brag about SS08 sales, some 600k copies. So if SSE will have the same figures then Greenpeace should expect between half a million and a million euros, unless they receive even more per copy.

Well, we are different, I did the donation just so they could mess a bit more with 'our' whaling industry, not the only reason of cource, I like when they stop companies from dumping toxic in the osceans and stop ships from pumping oil in the sea. I would also have liked if the whaling fleet in SSE had sailed under Norwegian flag.

But I hope this thread will not turn into a debate about whale hunting. Just hope that Vstep will give some information about how much Greenpeace got from the sale of the game.

We'll not see Greenpeace or Sea Shepherd in our waters again anyway, they've been gone since 94 when one of our warships almost sent Paul Watson to the bottom of the sea :lol:

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 17:38:21 »

That was a naughty thing to do..   ;D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 17:39:56 by saltydog »

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 17:51:55 »

That was a naughty thing to do..   ;D

True enough, and it's also part of the story that the commander of the warship was removed after the incident, but in my opinion he should've been saluted, it was obviously very effective ;)

If you want to see what happened, from German television..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK82T3SyLtk&NR=1
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 19:18:35 by Subwolf »

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 21:16:08 »

But I hope this thread will not turn into a debate about whale hunting.

Hehe  ::)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 21:26:26 »

Its too late.....  :-\

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 02:00:58 »

Fred, thank you for your answer, and I think you are right in what you say.

austin14

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 00:53:58 »

i dont support any side but i do believe its wrong to be killing whales.

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 09:01:12 »

I know people are afraid to discuss this because it's a hot potato, and can easily become a flamefest. On the other hand, Vstep made this issue part of the game..

But I'll tell you why we hunt whales in our (Norwegian) waters. Many people think whales eat a lot of fish, they don't. But they eat the same food fish do, and tons of it. If the number of whales get too high then the fish can't find any food and will disappear. We don't want that to happen, that's why it's important to keep the number of whales under control. The meat is mostly exported to Japan, they are crazy about it.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 09:42:21 »

Lol, that one just made my day  ;D Are you also going to blame the rising of the sealevel to them? Everytime they do their doodoo in the sea, the waterlevel rises..  :o

It isn't the whales who's responsible for the decreasing fish population - It's the supertrawlers..  ;D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 09:45:15 by Ballast »
It's the crew that makes the difference

Eike

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 09:48:48 »

Now the research "sign" on the japanese whaling fleet makes any sense :captain:

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 10:25:22 »

Lol, that one just made my day  ;D Are you also going to blame the rising of the sealevel to them? Everytime they do their doodoo in the sea, the waterlevel rises..  :o

It isn't the whales who's responsible for the decreasing fish population - It's the supertrawlers..  ;D

Fishing vessels are on quotas set by the government, same goes for the whaling fleet. Point is to keep things in balance if we want a fishing industry 20 years from now. Foreign fishing vessels will receive the "Watson" treatment if they try to fish in our waters without permission ;)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 10:28:41 »

There wouldn't be a need for man to balance it if man didn't upset that balance to begin with.  ;D  :P

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 00:09:33 »

Fishing vessels are on quotas set by the government, same goes for the whaling fleet. Point is to keep things in balance if we want a fishing industry 20 years from now. Foreign fishing vessels will receive the "Watson" treatment if they try to fish in our waters without permission ;)

Even with other vessels like Portuguese ones, I can say that the Norwegian inspections are very tight ;D There is no big margin for errors.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 00:11:42 »

One thing there will be plenty of in future oceans is jellyfish and plastic..
 (now how can we use these ? )

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 00:15:58 »

One thing there will be plenty of in future oceans is jellyfish and plastic..
 (now how can we use these ? )

Do you believe in that? I don't. It might happen if no one is bothering, and I also don't believe in that.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 00:27:14 »

The oceans are becoming a large garbage dump..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pacific_Garbage_Patch

As we don't eat jellyfish, they shall be the dominant species..
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines