Hello Guest May 16, 2024, 07:19:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Simulator Extremes Requirements Discussion  (Read 50560 times)

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
Re: Ship Simulator Extremes Requirements Discussion
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2010, 13:58:24 »

And i have another question! These price of 42 € is total price as i saw when i loged in PayPal??

Because last time when i was buying the Collectors Edition the price was 29 € and when i order it, it was the 39 €, that was the post costs i guess, but these time i think it's included in price isn't it?

I have pre-ordered the boxed version and I'm only being charged €39.99, and the email confirmation which I received did not mention any additional charges such as postage costs etc.

The only thing I could think of why it's €42 is because you have selected the one which includes a donation to Greenpeace with your purchase.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Captain. Mitch

• Forum member
« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2010, 15:15:25 »

So the total price is 42 €? Yes, i did, i chose the donation edition, i want to donate them, i'm not going to die for 2 € so some money for them will be good... I like to be involved in the donations, i'f i can help even for a little i'l do it.

Thank you all on the answers!! I appreciate that!  :thumbs:

Oh thank god, then i can order it today. I can't wait!!!  :2thumbs:

Does anyone knows if Nvidia 8600 GT ( 256 MB ) will be enough for SSE??

Kind regards.
Capt. Mitch

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 15:18:45 by Captain. Mitch »

Twistedlordi

• Forum member
« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2010, 17:06:36 »

no the card will not support it, that i know of, i assume this because its below the 8800

cptnchris

• Forum member
« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2010, 18:05:33 »

Hi! WOO for pre-orders! here is my dxdiag to make sure I can play.

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2010, 10:11:25 »

This has to work I hope? :P

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2010, 10:12:04 »

Hi! WOO for pre-orders! here is my dxdiag to make sure I can play.

So far as I know, thats an .dll file. and isnt the dxdiag

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2010, 11:03:36 »

Does anyone knows if Nvidia 8600 GT ( 256 MB ) will be enough for SSE??

Kind regards.
Capt. Mitch

Hi Capt.Mitch,
My card is a Nvidia 8600GT with 512MB dedicated memory and the game works OK on my computer. I have an Intel core Duo Processor E6400 2x2.13GHz which is OK too.

Traddles.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Offizier

• Forum member
« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2010, 11:30:36 »

Hi Capt.Mitch,
My card is a Nvidia 8600GT with 512MB dedicated memory and the game works OK on my computer. I have an Intel core Duo Processor E6400 2x2.13GHz which is OK too.

Traddles.
Beta test?  ::)
:thumbs:Rettungsinseln finde ich Super !:thumbs:
              Liferafts are my Life!               
      Stolzer Besitzer ein Ship Console

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2010, 11:36:42 »

How else would I know.???
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Captain. Mitch

• Forum member
« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2010, 13:04:21 »

Hello!

Oh thank you Traddles very, very, very much! Because i just ordered Ship Smulator Extremes yesterday and spent 42 €. You made my day!  :2thumbs:

These are my specification in general:

Procesor: Intel dual core 2X 2.7 ( it can be clocked ).
Graphic Card: Nvidia 8600GT 512 MB
RAM Memory: 3 GB DDR2 800 MGhz
Hard Disc: WD 640 GB

BUT i have another questions for you Traddles if you can answer me i'l appreciate that.

What operation sistem do you use?

Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, mac, Ubuntu...??

Because my Nvidia 8600 GT was 512 MB on Windows XP SP3, BUT when i instaled the Windows 7 my graphic card Nvidia 8600 GT is now 256 MB. And these is the minimum mor SSE, so i'm scared about that.

What do you think about that?

I appreciate your help very, very much! Thank you a lot!  :thumbs:

Many kind regards.
Capt. Mitch

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2010, 13:23:53 »

Hi Mitch,

Just out of curiosity, did you recently update your driver? If not, maybe you have to, or else it won't be used correctly perhaps.

Your switch to win7 might make a driver update a must.. So you could try that, if you haven't yet.  :-\

Go here to get it: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Regards,
Fred

Captain. Mitch

• Forum member
« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2010, 13:47:14 »

Thank you for advice Med_Fred.

But Windows 7 makes that automaticly. But yes, sure i tried that, i downloaded the latest driver, but nothing, i tryed some older drivers, nothing, i tryed to instal the drivers what i get with graphic card, nothing...

Nothing can help...

I registered on the Nvidia forum, but it writes that registration need to be confirmed by admin, and he didn't confirm that so...  i looked on some forums, but nothing...

The only thing i found out on one forum is a very bad news. One guy sayed that the problem is in graphic card, it is to old for Windows 7, and these is the optimizing of the card with losing the memory. He adviced me to buy the new graphic card...

Ship Simulator 2008 works great, but i'm not sure for SSE....  ??? :'(

Thank you!

Kind regards.
Capt. Mitch

Captain Calmac

• Forum member
« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2010, 15:30:11 »

That's not how it works, I am afraid, Matthew.

Uninstalling games does not 'give back' anything. Games only temporarily use the resources they need.

SSE will need more than SS08 needs. A 3Ghz processor for starters. If your machine has a 2.0Ghz processor and it runs SS08 fine, then you're just lucky that the rest of the configuration allows for this.

But it doesn't mean that SS08 'uses up'  0.4Ghz of what the internet says you should have, and returns this to you if you uninstall. It can mean that maybe there's more than one hardware configuration possible with your type/brand laptop. You better trust the dxdiag, and dont go by what a website tells you. Your own computer knows what it has onboard.

You'll need a minimum 3.0Ghz P4 processor for SSE, so you can pretty much forget about that with a 2.0Ghz cpu, I am afraid. This games will up the ante quite a bit, compared to SS08's minimum requirements, as you can see. And you need to have that whole set covered, pretty much. There's always a lucky few that can run just under specs, but I wouldn't count on it if you're too far below them.

But just so you know, installing and/or uninstalling games does not change how fast your CPU is, or how much RAM you physically have installed in your machine. It only used resources when it runs, but never changes any of your hardware specifications.

Regards,
Fred

But I Just got a flashy new laptop (2.4GHz) for SSE (as they advertised before) and now it appears ill have to get a new computer >:( might aswell not waste my money buying a game that wont even work. all I can say is its a very poor performance on the Beta testers side. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 15:34:51 by Captain Calmac »
As Neil Armstrong famously said, one small step for man, one giant blow for the cheese industry

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2010, 15:39:07 »

Your processor might still be good enough unless it is a 9 year old single core one..  :thumbs:

And it is THANKS to the betatesters  (well alpha testers even) that the specs were changed to more realistic ones, to prevent more disspointment later.  ;)

Dont insult people unless you have your facts straight, please. A lot of these people get no wages but spent most of their free time testing the game for your enjoyment.

Fred

Firestar

• Forum member
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2010, 15:46:02 »

Haha Fred, you beat me by a few seconds!

* uhm... 16:39:07  vs. 16:46:02  ...More than a few. - Fred   ;D

Well, Captain Calman, I'm afraid that's no body's fault but your own. Wouldn't it make more sense to wait until the game is available for purchase (pre-order) until you go out and buy a new machine? Remember, beta testing is so that they CAN work out the issues.. they found their issues with the 2.4 GHz requirement so they bumped it up. Don't blame the beta testers, they know what they're doing and they do it for a good reason.

Also, if you're looking for a heavy duty machine for gaming, why not get a desktop? Laptops overheat very easily and are more expensive than desktops (which have better airflow)..

And, what are you going to do when SS 2012 comes out? Buy another computer because one part might not be powerful enough? At least with a desktop you'll be able to upgrade different parts, whereas with a laptop you're stuck with maybe the ability to upgrade your hard drive..

Get a desktop, it's cheaper and more powerful. A better investment. :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 16:27:58 by Mad_Fred »

austin14

« Reply #165 on: August 10, 2010, 15:53:07 »

do not buy laptops if you want good performance.

TJK

« Reply #166 on: August 10, 2010, 16:11:18 »

But I Just got a flashy new laptop (2.4GHz) for SSE (as they advertised before) and now it appears ill have to get a new computer >:( might aswell not waste my money buying a game that wont even work. all I can say is its a very poor performance on the Beta testers side. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

watt are the probleme her Captain Calmac ?? are we the beta/alfa testers foult that you bay a computer to early and do not know watt the Ship Simulator Extremes Requirements are when it realises the 27th??? this is not fair to us that works to get the game that best it can be for you and all others so your can have fun and play a i hope a bug free game.

TJK
Betatester team

Captain Calmac

• Forum member
« Reply #167 on: August 10, 2010, 16:18:08 »

Not looking good for us then...

Will there be a demo version released so we can see if SSE will run on our Computers?

How much will demo cost (Approx.)
As Neil Armstrong famously said, one small step for man, one giant blow for the cheese industry

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2010, 16:22:59 »

As a demo; it'll be free. (Or should be anyway)

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #169 on: August 10, 2010, 16:24:07 »

Hi Captain Calmac. Well, if it exists, the demo version should cost around 0.00€ (approximatively), including VAT, and shipping.

Depends if you live in our outside EU. And if your first car was (or will be) green or red, too.  :doh:

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #170 on: August 10, 2010, 16:24:44 »

:lol: :D
Kind Regards,
Jack.

mvsmith

« Reply #171 on: August 10, 2010, 16:46:55 »

It is a mistake to fixate on the CPU speed. There are complex tradeoffs between CPU and graphics processor capability. There are also other considerations, such as the speed of RAM. Multi-threading puts a higher demand on memory access than does a single core. In order for an i7 CPU to work at max speed requires DDR3 RAM.

It has been said before that the true minimum requirement can’t be known until SSE is in its final release state and has been tested on a sufficient variety of system configurations. As the minimum requirements must be based upon some notion of “minimum acceptable performance”, that too needs to be defined.

The prudent thing would be to wait for release and see how your current computer performs before spending a lot of money on a new computer that might disappoint you.
I have never seen a laptop that could deliver what I consider acceptable performance on SS08.

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #172 on: August 10, 2010, 16:58:46 »

Totally agree with you, Marty.

Well in fact, not totally : I have seen laptops that could deliver enough performance for SS08 or Extremes at high level of details. They're called "Alienware", and cost almost 2000€.

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #173 on: August 10, 2010, 17:01:05 »

The Alienwares were made for hardcore gammers, so SSE would run like a dream haha.

do not buy laptops if you want good performance.

I disagree. My laptop runs over 10 games just fine :)

Scott

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

austin14

« Reply #174 on: August 10, 2010, 17:04:55 »

well. id rather have my desktop cause i fit big stuff in it ;)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines