Hello Guest May 02, 2024, 16:26:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you have your own real boat/vessel?  (Read 132049 times)

Eemspoort

• Forum member
Re: Do you have your own real vessel?
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2008, 10:03:06 »

what flag is it. it look like Sildesalaten(then Sweden and NOrway was together)?

It's the flag of Groningen, the province i was born and raised, and still live. And i'm proud of it!  ;D
m/s "Eemspoort"
1961, Hilgers A.G.-Rheinbröhl
76,2 x 8,20 x 2,72 mtr, 1085 ton
Deutz RBV 6 M 545, 800 HP @ 380 rpm
Daf KMD 250.2, 250 HP @ 1800 rpm, bowthruster

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2008, 13:11:02 »

Hi Llamalord.

Is it like the attached?

What size engine?

Close but it has about $3,000 worth of extras on it. :)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2008, 14:02:16 »

Name: Grand Prize
Engine: 135hp volvo penta 3.0 liter stern drive
Model: Larson SEi-180
Color: White with red
Weight: 2,365 pounds
Draft: 2.3 feet
Beam: 7 feet, 9 inches
Length: 17 feet, 8 inches

It has power steering and a spotless hull, and who could live without a "Sirius satellite radio"

Ignore the box in the back seat, I hadn't unpacked our new anchor yet when I took these pictures.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 00:28:13 by llamalord »

www.llamalord

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2008, 14:34:47 »

That is a nice boat I always wanted a boat like that, just to play around with, how fast does it go?

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2008, 14:44:45 »

The speedometer goes up to 85mph (136kph) but it's rated up to 65mph (104kph)

I've only got it up to 45mph (72kph) though, because thats the speed limit on the lake. ;D

www.llamalord

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2008, 14:46:25 »

oh thats nice, our fastest boat only sails 28knots, but it is a 8m fisher boat

TerryRussell

« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2008, 18:12:26 »

Fingers crossed, if the weather is OK on Wednesday, I'm taking mine out. We're going to go from Chichester Marina, out over Chichester Bar. Then up between the Solent Forts and then on past Portsmount, then to Bramble Bank and up the Solent.

I've got the video camera all powered up with spare batteries, so I hope to video some of it. If the water is flat enough, we should get 60+ kts (70mph) out of it. The sobbing sounds you'll hear are me when I fill up the fuel tank. £1.20 per litre.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2008, 18:18:41 »

Fingers crossed, if the weather is OK on Wednesday, I'm taking mine out. We're going to go from Chichester Marina, out over Chichester Bar. Then up between the Solent Forts and then on past Portsmount, then to Bramble Bank and up the Solent.

I've got the video camera all powered up with spare batteries, so I hope to video some of it. If the water is flat enough, we should get 60+ kts (70mph) out of it. The sobbing sounds you'll hear are me when I fill up the fuel tank. £1.20 per litre.

Very nice, enjoy it.

Petrol and Diseal prices have gone rediculous, i can understand it if your sobbing while filling up the tank haha :D

would she be fairly heavy on fuel or quite good?

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2008, 19:18:54 »

I had to fill my boats empty 21 gallon tank (79.49 liters) yesterday at the US's $4.11 per gallon (3.79 liters) at the wallet killing price of $86.31 :P  It only takes $60 to fill up an SUV.

www.llamalord

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2008, 20:19:09 »

I had to fill my boats empty 21 gallon tank (79.49 liters) yesterday at the US's $4.11 per gallon (3.79 liters) at the wallet killing price of $86.31 :P  It only takes $60 to fill up an SUV.

ouch, i bet that made a hole in your wallet haha ;D :D
Kind Regards,
Jack.

TerryRussell

« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2008, 21:55:42 »

Very nice, enjoy it.

Petrol and Diseal prices have gone rediculous, i can understand it if your sobbing while filling up the tank haha :D

would she be fairly heavy on fuel or quite good?

Jack.

How does two hundred gallons sound?  :o

About a gallon to the mile. (1 mpg) A bit better (1.5 - 2 mpg) when get up to about 50 kts.

Mine is petrol, so I didn't have the jump that the diesel people did. Diesel is a bit more expensive.

PS £1.20 per litre = $11 per gallon I think.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 21:57:26 by TerryRussell »

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2008, 23:26:43 »

Our boat has an 800liters tank so it's very expensive to fill it up with diesel

TerryRussell

« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2008, 07:42:53 »

800 litres is around the same size as ours (200 gallons * 4.52 = 850 litres).

Lots of money!

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2008, 13:04:56 »

i don't own a boat, but we're going to a boat dealer today to look around. We'd buy own, but we just don't have the $$ ::)

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2008, 17:11:51 »

i don't own a boat, but we're going to a boat dealer today to look around. We'd buy own, but we just don't have the $$ ::)

Boating is a very expensive hobby, even if you pick up a cheap boat, you still have to buy important, costly things like life jackets, radio's, GPS, flares, depth sounder's, charts, mooring fees (if your boat is constantly on water in a marina of some sort), diseal/petrol, maintenance in general is another thing,

Thats just some of it.

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

TerryRussell

« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2008, 17:16:46 »

Boating is a very expensive hobby, even if you pick up a cheap boat, you still have to buy important, costly things like life jackets, radio's, GPS, flares, depth sounder's, charts, mooring fees (if your boat is constantly on water in a marina of some sort), diseal/petrol, maintenance in general is another thing,

Thats just some of it.

Jack.

Yep. For example, a cheap VHF radio may cost some hundreds of pounds. The license to use it may cost another hundred in course fees and license charges etc. (although to their credit the CMA no longer charge for the ship's license for smaller vessels).

Everything to do with boats costs many times more than for any other purpose. In the Solent, simply going into any of the harbours or creeks etc will cause a bloke in a boat to spring out of nowhere and ask for money.  ;D

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2008, 18:18:46 »

Thats just some of it.

Jack.

Look boating is nothing of an expensive hobby ontil you try my dad's hobby: Aviation
   He says that every thing to do with boats is 1/10 of what it costs for planes...It's true our boat costs 11.764705882352941176470588235294% of what our plane costs. :P

www.llamalord

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2008, 18:58:54 »

Yep. For example, a cheap VHF radio may cost some hundreds of pounds. The license to use it may cost another hundred in course fees and license charges etc. (although to their credit the CMA no longer charge for the ship's license for smaller vessels).

Everything to do with boats costs many times more than for any other purpose. In the Solent, simply going into any of the harbours or creeks etc will cause a bloke in a boat to spring out of nowhere and ask for money.  ;D

yep, expensive stuff. My dad uses this site quite a lot, you will probably already know about it, since its U.K. based.

Its called Force 4 Chandlery.

Here's the link to it:
http://www.force4.co.uk/

And he also uses other sites (can't quite recall what others, but i will have a look around the house for the catalogue's from other company's.) I also hope to start out with my own boat soon. Since i already have quite a lot of experience with my father's boat. I think i might start out with a Hardy, do you know that type of boat? here's an image of one:

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Chris-S1

• Forum member
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2008, 19:14:02 »

:D boats now in water :D we had a problem with the prob shaft but all is fixed now hears some photos :)

i cant w8 to go sailing :)

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2008, 19:40:47 »

:D boats now in water :D we had a problem with the prob shaft but all is fixed now hears some photos :)

i cant w8 to go sailing :)

I have to say that is a beautiful yacht! is she equiped with thrusters? i just wondered since i've seen a few fine vessels of that standard equiped with Bow thrusters. Nice vessel indeed. ;)

Neat little RIB you have there also ;D

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Chris-S1

• Forum member
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2008, 19:48:28 »

well my dad has thot about it and we may get them next year thair realy handy for geting into pontoons a frend has them and thair realy good. thanks :)

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2008, 19:54:00 »

well my dad has thot about it and we may get them next year thair realy handy for geting into pontoons a frend has them and thair realy good. thanks :)

Yes, they are well worth getting, obviously depending on how much you would use them.

Jack. :)
Kind Regards,
Jack.

TerryRussell

« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2008, 20:54:53 »

yep, expensive stuff. My dad uses this site quite a lot, you will probably already know about it, since its U.K. based.

Its called Force 4 Chandlery.

Here's the link to it:
http://www.force4.co.uk/

Jack.

Yeah. We have one between my house and the Yacht basin. I have spend thousands in there. I bought some stainless nuts and bolts this weekend. Spent 118 pounds! Good place. Lots of stuff. Too tempting, though.

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2008, 21:04:07 »

wow. here in Norway the gasoline price is hugh. unfortnley i dont got any boat

TerryRussell

« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2008, 21:07:40 »

Yes, it is strange isn't it? In the UK and Norway where North Sea Ol is produced, we have some of the most expensive fuel in the world. To fill my 850 litres tank currently costs 850 * £1.22 = £1,037.

Sadly, I am doing that tomorrow.  :'(  :'(  :'(   :'(  :'(  :'(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines