Hello Guest May 06, 2024, 23:02:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: modified ship control unit  (Read 6669 times)

Bonuz

• Forum member
modified ship control unit
« on: August 05, 2013, 11:07:04 »

Hi every body. I just thaught i would share with you my extended ship control unit.
After playing the game for about a year with it unmodified i was getting a little bored not to be able to use it on t he ships with directed thrust ( bugsier..) so i took a look on the forum and decided to build my own azipod controller. And bolted it to the ship control unit. It might not be the most ergonomic design but it makes gameplay a whole lot more interresting.
( i hope the pic got into the post.never tried it earlier.)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 11:30:01 by Bonuz »

Bonuz

• Forum member
Re: modified ship control unit
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 11:27:55 »

Some more pics...
I used the bu0836 card ,4 pots, lego, a 3, 5mm headphone cable and a lot of hot glue.

Capetan Thanasis

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 13:40:33 »

Hi Bonuz,
can you give us more information about materials, wiring plan, etc...
Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 13:45:37 by Capetan Thanasis »
Best Regards

Thanasis

Bonuz

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 17:08:29 »

I Will make some drawings when i get home in one week but for now i thought som more info could help..
 The main piece is the bu0836 card. You can find it at leo bodnar with some instructions on how to connect it. No programming needed.
Two potentiometers per throttle unit. One 360° pot for rudder and one with 240° rotation for throttle.since the throttle pot sits inside the turning handle i used a 3, 5mm headphone connection inside of the rotating axis allowing continous turning. The rudder pot was the big problem until i found these two lego cogwheels that allowed me to move the pot to the side. I used two electrical connection boxes as base . Some pvc pipe as turning handle and vertical axis.

Capetan Thanasis

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 21:03:47 »

Thank you for your answer. I will be waiting for drawings, when you will be able to make them.   :)
Best Regards

Thanasis

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 06:52:26 »

I like your thinking!
Why bother waiting!
How hard would it be to make an entire ship control unit?
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

Bonuz

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 19:36:40 »

After building these i dont think it would be that hard just decide how you want it before you start. I changed my idea a few times and had to restart. The card will support 8 analog inputs and 32 buttons.  And then you can design it as you like. Only your imagination is the limit. I believe the jumbo javelin uses 6 analog. I just think it is hard to become satisfied when you build it yourself...always thinking on upgrades.different shape on handles more buttons.hat switch and on and on.

petecaler

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 00:09:30 »

Bonuz,
 Please post any plans you might have when you can, my son and I are looking forward to this project and are excited about your approach.  :) Thanks for what you have posted so far, the units look great!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines