Hello Guest May 13, 2024, 01:29:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request for info on graphics cards  (Read 1475 times)

Kenneth E. Stacey

• Forum member
Request for info on graphics cards
« on: November 09, 2007, 11:19:28 »

Hi,
My Vista system scores a Windows Experience Index of 4.9 and above on all but the graphics card, the 'Geforce 6600' only scores 3.8 and 3.9.
Can anyone advise which Geforce card to get which will give me 4.9 or 5.0 on the WEI. A score of 5.0 is the recommendation for FSX.
Thanks in advance,
Ken Stacey

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
Re: Request for info on graphics cards
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 11:27:14 »

Hiya Ken :)

I would personally recommend anything in the GeForce 7800 range and above.  If you really want to 'show off', the GeForce 8600GT or GTS cards are ideal choices.  The GTS model is the better card out of those 2, and it's specifically designed for gaming ;)

I would avoid the 7900GX2 and the 7950GX2, these are both Dual-GPU's, but they have problems with overheating ::)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

TJK

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 11:44:18 »

Hiya Ken

If you not  apsolute nead a GeForce card i will recommend ATI Readon x1950 pro 512 mb, that card is give me A score of 5.9 in windows vista and the latest drivers ar werry good,

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1069&maincat_no=130&cat2_no=137

Regards.
TJK

Kenneth E. Stacey

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 12:01:02 »

To [RWP]DJM and TJK,
Many thanks for your replies they were very helpful. For others who may have a similar problem I have found out that you can find component scores.
Check out http://www.shareyourscore.com/ComponentDetails.aspx for a user submitted collection of scores for different components.
Best regards,
Ken Stacey

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 13:40:59 »

You're very welcome Ken :)

Nice link there too ;)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

TJK

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 15:23:10 »

you're welcome ken, i like the link too
Regards.
TJK
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines