Hello Guest May 21, 2024, 00:15:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need help with my screen  (Read 893 times)

Kottsson

• Forum member
I need help with my screen
« on: May 26, 2009, 15:00:20 »

Hi! I saw an video that you can have 2 screens connected to your computer and play Ship Sim with them. That one screen you have the chart and on the other as usual... But I cant get the chart to the other screen  :-\ I do split the screen but then it just splits on the first screen and i cant pull over the chart to the second one.
I do extend deskopt or something...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 15:50:09 by Kottsson »
My signature raned this way ---->

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: I need help with my screen
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 18:00:07 »

I think you can only do that with Pro. ;)

Correct me if I am wrong though. :)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 19:46:48 »

You're wrong, SA!  ;D

Though Pro can do that too, and much more, with a lot more screens.
But SS08 can indeed utilize two screens.

So Kottson;

First, you need to set your resolution, in Windows, to "horizontal span".  Easiest way might be to use the graphics card utility software, like nview, if you have an Nvidia card.

Then go into game, and check the 'dual screen' option, in Graphics options.

Then select a new resolution from the list, and make that the double wide one, compared to single screen play. So if you used 1024x768 before, then now select 2048x768.

Save the setting and then your screen should be divided in two, where the second one will display the chart, whilst playing the game.

Hope this helps, but if you are not sure how to do all this, or it doesn't work as it should, please yell and we'll see what else needs doing.

Regards,
Fred

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 20:30:00 »

You're wrong, SA!  ;D

Ooops ;D

Do beg your pardon Kottson ;)

Kottsson

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 09:23:31 »

Ooh... I clearly understand what your saying... I had some problems with my other screen... I dont know what happend but before (along time ago) I used to watch a movie on the other whilst i was playing/chatting etc. then when i opened the movie file it went full screen emediatly on the second one. And now it doesnt... I have no idea what went wrong... But thanks for your help and i will go try this... I think i didnt think so hard  :doh:.
Thanks for the help.
My signature raned this way ---->

TerryRussell

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 17:14:58 »

Hi Kottson.

Just to add to Fred's splendid words, if you updated your graphics card's drivers, or perahps when you installed some program or perhaps even a windows update, it woiuld have reset the spanning settings. (video card updates ALWAYS change my settings  ???).

If you have an Nvidia card, the best way to change it back is to go to the Nvidia Control panel (should be accessible via Windows Control Panel) and you'll find the multiple displays wizzard there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines