Hello Guest May 17, 2024, 10:09:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 1027   Go Down

Author Topic: The Cookie Box MkII - On stranger tides  (Read 3393617 times)

McGherkin

• Forum member

That's the last of my four essays done, finally. It's going to take a few cans of Monster to keep me going tomorrow (thank goodness I only have PE!!!) :-\ (Hang on, the shop's sold out at the moment.  >:()

Lesson number one, boys and girls, do your homework when it's set, not the night before you have to hand it in.  :thumbs: :evil:

And I managed to pull my curtains down on my head this morning so the streetlight is shining into my room  :thumbdown:

Oh and I'm ill.

Good day I've had.

EDIT: I was so knnackered I could barely write properly!

EDIT 2: It appears I still am.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:51:59 by McGherkin »
Almost never here, try here.

Minime

• Forum member

That's the last of my four essays done, finally. It's going to take a few cans of Monster to keep me going tomorrow (thank goodness I only have PE!!!) :-\ (Hang on, the shop's sold out at the moment.  >:()

Lesson number one, boys and girls, do your homework when it's set, not the night before.  :thumbs: :evil:

And I managed to pull my curtains down on my head this morning so the streetlight is shining into my room  :thumbdown:

Oh and I'm ill.

Good day I've had.
I've had a similar day, putting some last touches on a game, which had to be handed in now yesterday, tiring school projects.

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

Capt. Matt

• Forum member

not the night before.  :thumbs: :evil:

I've never done that  :evil: I happen to do that for most of my projects...I just dont do my homework :P

Thanks TJK!
Intel Core i7 930@ 2.8GHz, 12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2 Win

Tomaten

• Custom Mission Managers

Dam I'm tired of computers >.<
Now win7 wont start, but win XP on the other drive works. Well well, luckly, I got all my personal stuff on a mobile drive, so I can format win7 if I want, but Im going to try and fix it first.
We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!
Also known as Tomaten 2006 from the old Ship Simulator 2006 forum.[/c

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member

Dam I'm tired of computers >.<
Now win7 wont start, but win XP on the other drive works. Well well, luckly, I got all my personal stuff on a mobile drive, so I can format win7 if I want, but Im going to try and fix it first.

Computers are a pain in the rear end sometimes...they're too much like humans, its rediculous :doh:
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Tomaten

• Custom Mission Managers

:doh:
We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!
Also known as Tomaten 2006 from the old Ship Simulator 2006 forum.[/c

McGherkin

• Forum member

I was just wondering, would people want force feedback on Ship Simulator? I mean, imagine yourself in the Pioneer in heavy seas, you're holding position or whatever, and you crash off a wave, and the wheel jerks. Not strictly accurate, but maybe it would heighten the realism of the sim? Certainly, it would mean that you could disable the self centring on the wheel (without pulling the power out)

Anyone's thoughts?

gibby12

• Forum member

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=22113  this game is realy hard ist the imposible quiz game its possible but realy hard give it a try

clanky

• Forum member

I was just wondering, would people want force feedback on Ship Simulator? I mean, imagine yourself in the Pioneer in heavy seas, you're holding position or whatever, and you crash off a wave, and the wheel jerks. Not strictly accurate, but maybe it would heighten the realism of the sim? Certainly, it would mean that you could disable the self centring on the wheel (without pulling the power out)

Anyone's thoughts?

Might work for the small boats like the speedboat or that bloody awful jetski thing, but for the bigger ships it would just be silly.

In fact a good idea for the jetski would be that anyone using it got thrown into the propellors of a large oncoming ship IRL!

The Ferry Man

• Forum member

Might work for the small boats like the speedboat or that bloody awful jetski thing, but for the bigger ships it would just be silly.

In fact a good idea for the jetski would be that anyone using it got thrown into the propellors of a large oncoming ship IRL!

You don't like it either  ;D

clanky

• Forum member

Not a huge fan no, on second thoughts throwing jetski users into ships propellers is probably not a good idea, it could damage the stern seals.

We got a rope caught round ours on the way in this morning and we (well when I say we, the captain  :lol:) are busy trying to arrange divers to go and inspect it.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member

Ouch - doesn't sound good

McGherkin

• Forum member

I agree with the big ships thing, maybe a little rolling, but like Pioneer would be good  :thumbs:

clanky

• Forum member

Ouch - doesn't sound good

Doesn't seem to have done any damage so probably just a case of getting a diver to cut it away, just have to remember not to start the engines while they are down there! :D

The Ferry Man

• Forum member

That is lucky then

but I agree, don't try engines until the diver is safely back on land  :doh:

clanky

• Forum member

You see, you and I have sorted it out in less than 100 words, why is it that the real paperwork is barely less than 100 pages?

Permit to work
Risk assessment
Checklist
Incident report
Inform charterers
Inform managers
Inform Port operations
Inform VTS

and that is before the diver even gets his little toe wet, there will be more to follow when it is all over, I am sure the only qualification required to be a chief engineer on a modern ship is a secretarial course and some experience in origami!

Ballast

• Global Moderator

Although i have great respect for our Captain, it is nothing more that a glorified desk job.  ::) The higher you get in rank, the more paperwork you get.

I don't mind being a 3rd officer. I take my sea watches and i spend my overtime loving and tendering the safety equipment  :lol:
It's the crew that makes the difference

The Ferry Man

• Forum member

I don't mind being a 3rd officer. I take my sea watches and i spend my overtime loving and tendering the safety equipment  :lol:

And the Captain, he spends his time overtime loving and tendering the passengers... (OK on the cruise ships...)

But It does seem a lot of paperwork for a bit of rope

Maybe they should have a on-board secretary, and let the Captain captain...

bigdog

• Forum member

How do you put a pic up on your profile?
How do you make the waves any bigger than 4m in ss8? ;D

Wave Music

• Forum member
keep it gnarly

clanky

• Forum member

And the Captain, he spends his time overtime loving and tendering the passengers... (OK on the cruise ships...)

But It does seem a lot of paperwork for a bit of rope

Maybe they should have a on-board secretary, and let the Captain captain...

It was possibly the most expensive piece of rope ever, 25m of rope and around about £1500 to have someone cut it off!

2 hours preparing the paperwork and 15 minutes in the water for the diver!

Things have actually gotten to the point where there is so much day to day paperwork that we could employ a secretary between the captain and the chief engineer, but with the advent of dry ships :( there would be nothing left for them to do.  If I had a secretary I would end up going to the engine room and doing stuff with spanners and the second engineer would not be too pleased at the prospect.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member

The un-Official Ship Simulator Extremes Advent Calender

Red Eagle
Red Jet 4
Jumbo Javelin
Pride of Rotterdam
Portferraio Angel
RPA12
Igor K
Fairmount Sherpa
Agile Solution
Titanic
Vermaas
Selsey II - NEW!!!
Elbe
Selsey I Sailing Boat - NEW!!!
Bugsier 2
Jumbo Pontoon
Latitude
Wachthaven III - NEW!!!
Selsey III
Agile Solution - again
Powerboat
Freedom 90
Arie Vissor
Flying Cloud
P6
Water Taxi
Tugboat
Northern Star
Jumbo Javelin - again
Ocean Star
Furie
Jetski
Pioneer
Herkules Atlas
Marbella Delight

By this we have 5 weeks left...

Which puts us at the beginning of June...

They'd better have > 4 new ships to make up the time...

laganviking

• Forum member

Maybe in that case i should round up a few buddies and pay a visit to Rotterdam around the 6th June  :thumbs:
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

Ralphy

• Forum member

lagan why is your flag the bahamas?

Wave Music

• Forum member

Very boring without new infos about SSE...
I hope we'll stay alive at least till the end of May suffering from informational hunger.
keep it gnarly
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 1027   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines