Hello Guest May 07, 2024, 01:38:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new controls!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1216 times)

Daniel Cho

• Forum member
new controls!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: November 22, 2009, 04:52:44 »

hi did anybody bought the console for ship sim??? 
if you did please rate out of ten. 0 is bad  :thumbdown:and 10 is awesome :2thumbs:

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: new controls!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 10:49:45 »

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,16476.0.html

I'm sure Brown will give  us his opinion if he does choose to buy and when it comes...

danindevon

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 10:32:08 »

hi need an answer just downloaded the add ons for ss 08 and using the new control layout on one of the ships the jumbo javelin there is a new control that i have only just come across and am not to sure how to use and what it does?

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 10:52:14 »

Hi danindevon,
Welcome to Ship Simulator 2008 and to the forum. There is a huge amount of information for you if you check on the bold blue topics at the head of each board. Using the "search" button on the top yellow bar will also enable you to find many answers to questions which might arise.
If you study this attachment you will find the answer to your question.  It is also well worth you reading up this post from "mvsmith" which actually includes the file I mentioned.

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,2886.msg28895.html#msg28895

Regards,
Traddles.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:59:22 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 13:03:31 »

Indeed I will give my opinion on the console unit  :thumbs:

I while back I got very angry with the retailer and maker of the console unit  :evil:

Well, here is an update...

It turned out the console unit I recieved was a faulty one  :thumbdown:  which is redicoulous, considering it costs that much it should have been tested thoroughly.
So the company, SimWare tell me to send it back and they will refund me for the money (obviously because its not my fault its faulty).  It cost me 40.00 € to send it back to Belgium from Spain, so I waited a while and the new replacement one arrived.
And the money for shipping I paid???? It had no note or anything in the box, it was absolutely empty, it only had the unit inside and the only bit of paperwork was the small address on the top of the box.
So I immediately emailed them asking to kindly return the money to my fathers account, and they got back to me saying that they couldnt refund the money but I had a 27 € voucher for future purchases.

I mean what in the world!??  >:( I get a random numbered gift voucher for a company selling mainly aviation software and hardware, and NO ship things what so ever!   This is really off. I am appalled at their customer services so far, it really is a disgrace and to tell you the truth i am really annoyed yet quite sad.  >:( :'(  And to be honest, all their emails to me have not been very proffesional, and actually quite rude in someways.
So please I urge you to use another company a part from SimWare, maybe FlightSim? I dont want the same thing happening to you.    This whole thing started at 350 €  and secret postage money totaled 375€  then 40€ to send it back and in total we have spent around 420 €   :o >:(

Can anyone suggest  what to do now please?   

Many kind regards

Matthew Brown

But that's the RETAILER & MANUFACTURERS FAULT!!   If I were to look at the console unit itself then I would give it a respectful 7 out of 10 it's quite fun to have and be able to manouever ships.  The only downside is the azimuth pods on OS and the schneiders on Red Eagle.  Take the Ocean Star, once out at sea you can use the control unit, but when approaching port and berthing I find it better to use the mouse for precision.

But I do really reccomend buying the unit, try to get it at a lower price if you can because to be honest its so cheeky to be asking 350 € for something like that, sure its well made but for that price it is ludicrously absurd!   And once again THANKYOU SO MUCH SimWare for giving me a 27€ voucher in a flight sim shop considering I dont have fsx!!!!  Awful, and I paid 70€ more of my own money thanks to your ungrateful service.

They said send it back and we will refund you, Pffffttt yeah right.

:doh: Sorry it really winds me up every time think about it, and their customer support department SO RUDE!  So please get it from somewhere apart from Simware.

But WATCH THIS SPACE!  I will post a video on using the ship console unit as a review, so you can all see how it is.

Kind Regards

Matthew
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 13:06:14 by Matthew Brown »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines