Hello Guest May 15, 2024, 14:29:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, I have a really job on a boat.if you need driving HELP? CLICK HERE  (Read 4211 times)

tecumseh

• Forum member

Hi,

Im tecumseh. Im going to be eleven and i have a job on a boat. I drive. its a big tour boat in Ashland City,TN.
And if you need help on driving a boat I can help you.  ;) :) :D ;D

(please no bad comments) Yes I do work.

Its called the Blue Heron.

Regards,

tecumseh.

AlexKall

• Forum member

Thats really impressive, I've only driven a small boat and I'm 22, really impressive! I look up to you as a captain!  :)
[MPSS]AlexKall

tecumseh

• Forum member

Thank you

Eemspoort

• Forum member

Hello there,

Impressive indeed! I drove my first ship at age 5, it was the inland-ship from my father. ;D
so i wont be needing help with driving! ;D
I have my own ship now, see avator. ;)

Have a good journey, Capt'n!
m/s "Eemspoort"
1961, Hilgers A.G.-Rheinbröhl
76,2 x 8,20 x 2,72 mtr, 1085 ton
Deutz RBV 6 M 545, 800 HP @ 380 rpm
Daf KMD 250.2, 250 HP @ 1800 rpm, bowthruster

Deanau

• Forum member

You sure thats legal mate?  :o

I've drove water taxi's across the harbor!

Captain Kool

• Forum member

It's legal, I drove a big passenger ferry when I was around 6... Not entirely on my own just for a little bit.

Ship Sim

Ive drove a fiew small boats. nothing over 18 feet though.

Bottman

• Global Moderator

It's legal, I drove a big passenger ferry when I was around 6... Not entirely on my own just for a little bit.

Hey Captain Kool!

Me too! Never knowing, that there were other little boys doing the same. One of the smaller ferries (600 Paxes) I drove could be seen here, it's my avatar.

Regards
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Captain Kool

• Forum member

Hey Captain Kool!

Me too! Never knowing, that there were other little boys doing the same. One of the smaller ferries (600 Paxes) I drove could be seen here, it's my avatar.

Regards

That's good to hear! If I remember rightly, it was a dolphin cruise ferry, two levels, and i think 80ft, it seemed alot bigger when I was small...

(I used google earth to find the ship and then I measured the length, as I don't remember it XD)

Cheers

Captain Davies

• Forum member

I wonder how many people would have jumped ship if they knew a 6 year old was at the helm?  :D

Bottman

• Global Moderator

Nobody, because behind me was the best ferry master I´ve ever seen: my father!!!

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Stuart2007

• Forum member

Is it true that (NOT for commercial purposes) that a master of a ship under X hundred tonnes needs no legal qualification to take a ship to see when NOT carrying passengers or cargo commercially?

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

mporter

• Forum member

It very much depends on the flag state.  In the US, for example, a private boat is a private boat and requires no qualification.  Any commercial use, however, even chartering, changes this.

In most European countries, AFAIK, even the operator of an outboard has to be licensed.  Whether the incident rates suport this difference, someone else can judge.

Cheers,
Michael

Michael Porter Marine Design
www.mp-marine.com

Wonko_The_Sane

• Forum member

I'm not sure about other states, but Oregon has required operators licenses on private vessels for the past few years. 

Nothing major, basic rules of the road, navigation, safety knowledge & etc. It also requires minimum ages for licenses.

I know the licensing applies to all motorized vessels, from jet skis on up.  Not sure about the requirement for wind powered craft.

Master Captain

• Forum member

I've drivin a tour boat when i was like 5, then another one when i was around 10 years old, I loved it, Here in New York the boating license requirments are that you have to be 12 to obtain a license, but anyone at any age can drive a boat, aslong as there is a licensed pilot on board. KM
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines