Hello Guest May 07, 2024, 12:26:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Simulator Extremes-unlocking the secrets  (Read 377450 times)

Daisai

• Forum member
Re: Ship Simulator Extremes-unlocking the secrets
« Reply #750 on: May 10, 2010, 12:11:20 »

Played online last night

and a few nights before that...

Are you sure it isn't your system?

If it was just my system you really think you would see plenty of posts about it on the forums?
Also the lag that is messing up with some servers causing your ships to sink isnt really helping either.

And i played it last night aswell , spend like 30 min. going through new york with a latitude.
Then all the sudden the game decided to crash.

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #751 on: May 10, 2010, 12:48:25 »

Don't know how long I'll be able to wait, but I'll keep it on with waiting for an answer about are there any floating cranes, hydrofoils, new AHTS & SR.N4 in SSE.
keep it gnarly

Nathan|C

« Reply #752 on: May 10, 2010, 15:01:50 »

If it was just my system you really think you would see plenty of posts about it on the forums?
Also the lag that is messing up with some servers causing your ships to sink isnt really helping either.

And i played it last night aswell , spend like 30 min. going through new york with a latitude.
Then all the sudden the game decided to crash.

The lag you are experiencing on MP is nothing to do with the game, it's the internet connection of you and the other players. Chances are, it's your system causing the QuestViewer crashes too...

Funny, because I'm not experiencing any of the problems you have mentioned. Not your sytem, yeah, right :doh:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 18:39:57 by Nathan|C »

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #753 on: May 10, 2010, 15:20:59 »

yeah sure , its my connection.
Every other of my 40 games i have played on this computer run fine.

The game is rubbish, its nothing like a simulator suppose to be.
If you look at other games like flight simulator or sail simulator , they have way better details which make it a proper simulator.
So a game like ship simulator 2008 which doesnt have something like a current or the ability to change your lights if your towed just isnt a simulator.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 16:56:47 by sadsid »

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #754 on: May 10, 2010, 15:39:31 »

The game is c rap, its nothing like a simulator suppose to be.
If you look at other games like flight simulator or sail simulator , they have way better details which make it a proper simulator.
So a game like ship simulator 2008 which doesnt have something like a current or the ability to change your lights if your towed just isnt a simulator.

Well it runs OK on my ssytem,and quite a few others systems as well

and don't forget Flight Sim was into its what tenth eleventh version? SS2008 is only the second version

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #755 on: May 10, 2010, 15:54:32 »

The game is nothing like a simulator suppose to be.

Go play Flight Simulator, Sail Simulator or your 40 other games then instead of bothering us here and trolling our forum.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:27:45 by Traddles »
It's the crew that makes the difference

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #756 on: May 10, 2010, 16:37:26 »

Or even better build one yourself. I do not, and have never, had any problems with Ship Simulator. I have been playing it for two years, both on MP and off. Like I said, this is not the game throwing up this error, or every computer it runs on would fail. It is an error derived from the computer running it.

1. Current.
No doubt this is a feature of the €4000 professional simulator that Vstep sells. You pay for that kind of realism.

2. Towing lights.
Look the next time you hook up a tow. See the lights change accordingly? Moor up and turn the engines off. See the lights go off? You should try doing a little research before making yourself look daft.

Oh, and putting a space in a swearword does not make it allowed. If a moderator catches you, they will act accordingly.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 16:47:11 by McGherkin »
Almost never here, try here.

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #757 on: May 10, 2010, 17:35:17 »

The game is rubbish, its nothing like a simulator suppose to be.

Ok im gonna put this nicely because ive read all your posts if you dont like SS and the way it runs on your PC there are 3 Options

1) Go Buy Virtual Sailor Perfect for low spec  PCs and it features a Online Feature

2) Go Buys FS ore MSTS those are two simulators that dont take as much specs as ship sim as

3) Go Buy a New PC

Ship Sim Requires 2.4ghz
A STABLE INTERNERT Connection (I used your Word)

So those are you options i find when ive played SS online in the past that you can for sure play SS for hours without a single error message ive been playing SS science i heard of SS06 So If you dont like SS06 or SS08 Please refer to the above options THANK YOU and SSE will probarbly not run on your PC so Post your DXdiag so we can see the problem!

mvsmith

« Reply #758 on: May 10, 2010, 18:00:38 »

Gentlemen,

You are wasting too much time, and server space, on a foulmouthed ranter.
If he really wanted to improve his MP experience, he would have asked for help on the Technical support or Multiplayer board. A look at his posting history shows that he is just a troll.
We have seen others of his ilk before; they seldom stay long. It would be best to simply ignore him.

Nathan|C

« Reply #759 on: May 10, 2010, 18:38:42 »

Just wondering why he has stayed and posted for so long, if he doesn't like the game :doh:

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #760 on: May 10, 2010, 18:49:57 »

Maybe he's trying to recruit all SS haters & go on crusade?
keep it gnarly

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #761 on: May 10, 2010, 19:06:02 »

Or even better build one yourself. I do not, and have never, had any problems with Ship Simulator. I have been playing it for two years, both on MP and off. Like I said, this is not the game throwing up this error, or every computer it runs on would fail. It is an error derived from the computer running it.

1. Current.
No doubt this is a feature of the €4000 professional simulator that Vstep sells. You pay for that kind of realism.

2. Towing lights.
Look the next time you hook up a tow. See the lights change accordingly? Moor up and turn the engines off. See the lights go off? You should try doing a little research before making yourself look daft.

Oh, and putting a space in a swearword does not make it allowed. If a moderator catches you, they will act accordingly.

1. oh yeah you have to pay 4000 to get something like that , something most simulators already have.
And like i said , you should be able to put on and off those lights yourself.

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #762 on: May 10, 2010, 19:07:27 »

Ok im gonna put this nicely because ive read all your posts if you dont like SS and the way it runs on your PC there are 3 Options

1) Go Buy Virtual Sailor Perfect for low spec  PCs and it features a Online Feature

2) Go Buys FS ore MSTS those are two simulators that dont take as much specs as ship sim as

3) Go Buy a New PC

Ship Sim Requires 2.4ghz
A STABLE INTERNERT Connection (I used your Word)

So those are you options i find when ive played SS online in the past that you can for sure play SS for hours without a single error message ive been playing SS science i heard of SS06 So If you dont like SS06 or SS08 Please refer to the above options THANK YOU and SSE will probarbly not run on your PC so Post your DXdiag so we can see the problem!

My connection and pc is well above the reg. specs for this game.
It can even run a game like napoleon total war on max graphics.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #763 on: May 10, 2010, 19:10:21 »

If you must insist on moaning and complaining do it elsewhere.

This thread is for discussing the New issue of the game - if you want help go to Tech Support

if you want to just moan and say how bad the game is - you fdon't have to play it, and the door is over there.

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #764 on: May 10, 2010, 19:12:45 »

Funny how you are the ones that keep whining about my posts.
All i said was that i hope that ship sim extreme is going to be better then ship simulator 2008 which isnt really something that can be called a simulator.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #765 on: May 10, 2010, 19:37:42 »

Actually, with respect, after looking at your posts all you've done since registering on January 14th last year is predominantly moan moan moan. May I just ask, if it is so bad why have you stuck with it all this time? :)

Professional mariners, retired and newly qualified use this simulator, and they don't seem to have a problem with it. If you want currents, then perhaps Virtual Sailor is something for you to consider. However if you try that you might see that Ship Simulator is actually a much better simulator.

In fact, you didn't just say that you hope Extremes will be better, you grasped the chance to have another moan. So it's bound to ruffle a few people's feathers I'm sure.

As many others have said above, no one is forcing you to stay. I'm sure your flight simulator is beckoning as we speak! :thumbs:

Kind regards,
Mike

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #766 on: May 10, 2010, 19:43:02 »

Gentlemen,

You are wasting too much time, and server space, on a foulmouthed ranter.
If he really wanted to improve his MP experience, he would have asked for help on the Technical support or Multiplayer board. A look at his posting history shows that he is just a troll.
We have seen others of his ilk before; they seldom stay long. It would be best to simply ignore him.

I agree with this. We aren't too concerned about what you are saying,  a few people do have stability issues, but what we don't agree with is the way you are behaving. You would do better to examine your attitude, change it, and listen to what people are telling you

Until you behave in an acceptable manner, nobody will talk to you.

Anyway, with that little bit of housekeeping swept under the carpet, let's get back on topic.

What do you think the new site will be like? Should we keep the same forum, but with more boards? Or start all over again?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 19:45:58 by McGherkin »

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #767 on: May 10, 2010, 19:55:01 »

One thing i'm really curious about is that co-op stuff which i believe Frank mentioned in that SSE interview  :)

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #768 on: May 10, 2010, 19:57:35 »

I think in a way it would be nice to start fresh with a new forum, but would probably make more sense to have a bit of a clean on this one and add more boards. :)

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #769 on: May 10, 2010, 19:59:04 »

Can't they just give us another picture to poke over for another couple weeks?

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #770 on: May 10, 2010, 20:05:18 »

They can't hide everything for ever. But a pic of DC(ITSE) would be very much appreciated. Even better if it had a SR-N4 in the middle of it.

Sjoerd92

• Forum member
« Reply #771 on: May 10, 2010, 20:16:24 »

I hope they post a pic of a ship going trough rough sea.  ;D

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #772 on: May 10, 2010, 20:30:47 »

VSTEP are very very open to direct suggestions, if you email them they might consider it, assuming they have the time (and that the game is at the level of being able to display that), but that's the biggest difference between VSTEP and like, Microsoft for example, if you email VSTEP you might get a reply from Pjotr himself, but consider the odds of getting a reply from Bill Gates when you email Microsoft.

The size of the companies are not the same.... ;)

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #773 on: May 10, 2010, 20:34:32 »

That's not true DCoW ! Bill Gates emailed me a few days ago that he is giving away his fortune and that i was elected to get a share. All i had to do was transfer $128 to an Nigerian bank account for the handling and administration costs.

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #774 on: May 10, 2010, 20:41:08 »

They can't hide everything for ever. But a pic of DC(ITSE) would be very much appreciated. Even better if it had an SR-N4 Incat in the middle of it.

Agreed, but corrected
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines