Hello Guest May 07, 2024, 16:34:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Simulator Extremes-unlocking the secrets  (Read 377457 times)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
Re: Ship Simulator Extremes-unlocking the secrets
« Reply #725 on: May 06, 2010, 21:54:40 »

I don't mind the date being out back...

(Well I do slightly,, but I would rather have a game that works then a rushed product that doesn't)

And I know the developers are extremely busy...

But it would be nice to have some sort of update every so often, even if it is just something simple like "the game is coming along OK..."

We was told at the beginning of April that by the end of April we would be getting a SSE site and pre-order facilities, now yes I accept that problems do occur, but a week into May, surely a small apology about the delaying, and that it will be coming shortly?

Sorry, I know you guys (developers) out there are working hard, and I am looking forward to the game, and I am not trying to be some ignorant fool always wanting more. I am not intending this post to be disrespectful towards you

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #726 on: May 06, 2010, 21:56:36 »

Let's give VSTEP the chance to get things right first time (famous last word)   ;) :P

Ok, that's understandable and, knowing the SS08, that's welcome.  :thumbs:

But when there will be revealed more info about SSE?

(http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,13029.msg250098.html#msg250098)
keep it gnarly

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #727 on: May 06, 2010, 21:56:56 »

It annoys me sometimes, but you can't win, if they say Q2 or Q3 then you want to know more exact, if they have "in 2010" then people want to know if its tomorrow or at the very end of the year and if they don't say at all people still what to know. And when they do say when, they just push it forwards. so its a no win situation.

That's the reason why many software companies use the term "Q2", "Q3" etc as it gives them some leeway if things slip further. It is too vague to put in an exact release date.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #728 on: May 06, 2010, 21:59:45 »

Totally agree with you TFM

I'm not completely bothered about the release date being pushed back, if it has to be it has to be. But as you said there would be a new website up at the end of last month, and no sign of it, nothing has been heard here like 'Sorry the website for Extremes isn't up yet because blah blah blah...'

VSTEP, we know you are busy, but if you say you are going to do something and don't then say nothing about it like no one cares, I'm really going to loose trust in everything you say..

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #729 on: May 06, 2010, 22:03:29 »

Pushed back to the 9th of July?  :C
And i had holidays booked around the 6th June to engross myself in SSE.

Actually just thinking about it....i have a holidays around that time too  :2thumbs: ;D
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #730 on: May 06, 2010, 22:30:33 »

A year ago this topic was created...
But might we have thought at that time that a year later the subject will be still open?
keep it gnarly

mvsmith

« Reply #731 on: May 07, 2010, 00:48:58 »

The estimate has been 9 July for some time.
Michael_taal says that bij bol.com is saying August.

Extremes is not yet in Beta, so it is not possible for anyone to predict when it will be ready for release.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 00:54:21 by mvsmith »

K Jack

• Forum member
« Reply #732 on: May 07, 2010, 03:49:02 »

But it was like what i said in one these discussions throughout this forum. Development takes time especially when it comes to building games of great complexity. They must make sure that the game with ships and environments are implemented properly before they can move on otherwise it might end up like what they did to the Flying Cloud and Wachthaven III with no wake, smoke, etc. Creating 3d games like SS won't be that easy and bound to take a longer period to implement.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 03:54:58 by K Jack »
Captain Jack, explorer of seven seas.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #733 on: May 07, 2010, 15:57:43 »

But it was like what i said in one these discussions throughout this forum. Development takes time especially when it comes to building games of great complexity. They must make sure that the game with ships and environments are implemented properly before they can move on otherwise it might end up like what they did to the Flying Cloud and Wachthaven III with no wake, smoke, etc. Creating 3d games like SS won't be that easy and bound to take a longer period to implement.

That's why they hire people, and those will also be paid for their job.
More features may need more employees, (or developers that some prefer to call them).

What I don't understand in the name of this world, is that some kids prefer to rant a lot about the price of games? Well, first, they write a 10 mile long wish list, and secondly, their rant about the price of the game... ::)

At my web blog, where I post news articles around SSE, there was one commenter that wrote: "Do I have to pay for SSE?"... :D :doh: ( :doh: x5). I mean, seriously, how would SSE become if we didnt support VSTEP at all..?

Some people...well, I don't know what to say..are just W*I*R*E*D :D

Pride of Dover

• Forum member
« Reply #734 on: May 09, 2010, 11:20:14 »

Ok, that's understandable and, knowing the SS08, that's welcome.  :thumbs:

But when there will be revealed more info about SSE?

(http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,13029.msg250098.html#msg250098)

but, in the topic in the link, what sadsid said was relesed halfway through April, when the Flying cloud superpack came out, and its past the end of April.

Keeping her name flying high...........

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #735 on: May 09, 2010, 11:21:08 »

but, in the topic in the link, what sadsid said was relesed halfway through April, when the Flying cloud superpack came out, and its past the end of April.

it has been delayed until July/August

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #736 on: May 09, 2010, 19:06:50 »

As part of a reply to one of my remarks about this topic on the German Forum mr. Bottmann said, among other things, this:
(Qoute) Wir bekommen laufend neue (Alpha-)Versionen zum Testen (Unquote)
which means, freely translated: "We are getting new (Alfa-) Versions to test on a regular base".
So, when there are regular Alfa versions to test it can't be too long before the final version could be in the test-phase. Right?
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #737 on: May 09, 2010, 19:09:48 »

What is a Alpha version?

Is this before or after beta version?

TJK

« Reply #738 on: May 09, 2010, 19:19:50 »

Yes first alfa testing then beta testing, so when the alfa tester are finish then it goes to beta testing

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #739 on: May 09, 2010, 19:20:59 »

Hi The Ferry Man
The game is in alpha witch mean v-step with other people test the game for bugs /flaws on
different machines reporting there findings to the programer's until they think the game is
ready for next step.
Then it is given to beta testers as well as alpha and the process starts again finding all the faults
within the game from different computers I/E diff ram ,diff graffics cards and so on.
 When all this has been done to the satisfaction of v-step the game can be released.
                                                                                                              Eric

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #740 on: May 09, 2010, 19:23:22 »

Okay thanks for the info

In general is Alpha testing usually a long process?

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #741 on: May 09, 2010, 19:31:31 »

Okay thanks for the info

In general is Alpha testing usually a long process?
Hard one to answer the more complicated the game the longer the testing so
            really depends on what is found and if it can be made to work if not can it be
            replaced .   so all we can do is wait and hope v-step give us some update soon
                                                                                               Eric 

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #742 on: May 09, 2010, 19:33:25 »

Okay,

Thanks

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #743 on: May 09, 2010, 20:00:38 »

For a speciphic explanation look @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_version#Alpha
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #744 on: May 09, 2010, 23:09:58 »

Wonder if ship sim extreme is going to be a bit more stable then ss2008 , which is basicly a unstable piece of rubbish and not really something that can be called a simulator.

Text altered to avoid any confusion

Traddles.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:17:35 by Traddles »

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #745 on: May 10, 2010, 01:18:58 »

Wonder if ship sim extreme is going to be a bit more stable then ss2008 , which is basicly a unstable piece of rubbish and not really something that can be called a simulator.

Maybe in you computer yes. Besides, if that was true, I had sold my copy of shipsim 08 along time ago....
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:28:09 by Traddles »

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #746 on: May 10, 2010, 10:15:39 »

Same here. SS08 runs fine here. I think he has a ProblemInChairNotInComputer Error. Or maybe a ProblemExistsBetweenKeyboardAndChair error.
Almost never here, try here.

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #747 on: May 10, 2010, 12:09:05 »

If the game runs fine on your computer you probably never played it online.
The game crashes way to often and isnt detailed enough to be called a simulator.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #748 on: May 10, 2010, 12:09:58 »

If the game runs fine on your computer you probably never played it online.
The game crashes way to often and isnt detailed enough to be called a simulator.

Played online last night

and a few nights before that...

Are you sure it isn't your system?

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #749 on: May 10, 2010, 12:10:26 »

You seem to enjoy to cause drama since almost all of your 19 posts say something bad about the simulator. If you don't like the game, then why are you still here?

Because im wondering if Ship wanabeesimulator extreme is going to be a proper simulator or ones again a piece of rubbish like ship simulator 2008.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 11:30:10 by Traddles »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines