Hello Guest May 05, 2024, 11:36:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: some things that i descovered in the patch  (Read 3826 times)

Mr Robville

• Administrator
some things that i descovered in the patch
« on: September 15, 2007, 21:00:32 »

when i installed the official patch, i couln't save anymore in freeroam, the bugs i reported were not fixed, (titanic invisible collission on boat deck, p&o windows out of frame with strange textured stairs, titanic rail, no collissions & docking bridge on titanic not accesable)

and further it would be an nice addition, to add floating icebergs in the north-atlantic,

thank you ;)

Captain Kool

• Forum member
Re: some things that i descovered in the patch
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 02:54:21 »

You should post this in the technical support forum, there you will get better help by the developers, other users and mods. :]

Thankyou!

mvsmith

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 08:58:51 »

and further it would be an nice addition, to add floating icebergs in the north-atlantic,

Now that there is a mission editor, there’s not much need for Free Roam. You can put bollards, icebergs, buoys, etc, in any environment and make your own free roam to suit you.
I put an iceberg in Phi Phi to cool my drinks while I’m lying on the beach. ;D

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 09:57:46 »

I put an iceberg in Phi Phi to cool my drinks while I’m lying on the beach. ;D

LOL, now that's funny ;D
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 11:25:07 »

@ mr robville,

I really have no idea why you have these bugs, because i found out that i dont't have these.
Maybe it has to do something with the graphic settings, compared with your hardware.

If it sinks, you need to fix it ;)

Swiglers

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 11:49:20 »

I also had this bugs!

But problem fix is:

Uinstall Ship Sim 08, and the RC Patch if you downloaded that to.

Then install Ship Sim 08 again, and then the Official patch, then you have not that bugs =)

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 12:29:28 »

ok then, btw i have my sys. specs on full  ;)

You should post this in the technical support forum, there you will get better help by the developers, other users and mods. :]

Thankyou!

i will remember that ;)

@ mvsmith

if i put icebergs to the game, and then sink a ship i get this:
your ship got too much damage, game over  :-\
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 12:57:27 by mr robville »

mvsmith

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 09:23:26 »

if i put icebergs to the game, and then sink a ship i get this:
your ship got too much damage, game over  :-\
Yep, That's how it was for most of Titanic's passengers & crew.

avignale2

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 10:00:17 »

Yep, That's how it was for most of Titanic's passengers & crew.

i found that one funny

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 10:50:37 »

I'm sure that the crew and passengers would have been happy to know their deaths served as an amusement ;)

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 14:11:11 »

well, luckely titanic sank within the time that the message will display  ;D

mvsmith

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 17:33:55 »

I'm sure that the crew and passengers would have been happy to know their deaths served as an amusement ;)

Stu
My point, Stu, was: What did he expect would happen after sinking the ship?
This morbid obsession to watch ships sink, as I mentioned to Wout, might be one reason ship owners don’t want their ships in the game.
Thankfully, future add-ons are unlikely to include floating corpses, at least until VSTEP releases an SDK.

I have no objection to re-creating historic disasters to explore the various theories on the events leading up to them—but then, game over please.

For instance, if realistic models of Andrea Doria and Stockholm were available, I’d be interested in running the proposed scenarios. This would require a more realistic RADAR on the bridge, as its use—or misuse—played an important role.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 21:44:24 »

My comment about the deceased being happy was a wee bit sarcastic. Sorry. I simply assumed that would be very obviouls. Sorry for that.

I don't particularly want to see computer simulated ships sink; that said I'm not about to join the 'shock and horror- he sank' camp. I think the whole arguement about whether or not sinking should have been included has got totally blown out of proportion.

If people want to sink SIMULATED ships- then so what? Tell me- what exactly is the difference between what they want to do and what you want to do? At what point does it become 'acceptable'?

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

mvsmith

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 23:35:29 »

I’ve sometimes been too subtle in my humor or sarcasm. No sweat.
As to what’s acceptable: Unless it’s really over the top, it depends mainly on one’s motives. And it’s probably not my business.
I confess that I’d find a stormy Lake Superior environment with Edmund Fitzgerald interesting to watch, if it could be done well.
“The devil with sinking; break ‘em in half!”

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 23:14:19 »

Mvsmith, my comment was directed at avignale2- for his 'I found that funny' comment. Like you, I was having a dry witted, but not offensive (not deliberately, anyway) comment at others.

As for what is acceptable sinking wise is a complex issue, isn't it? Watching someone smack the PoR into the harbour wall until it sinks? I suppose if they were to stick youtube videos of it right after a passenger ship sinks, it would be tasteless- but if in the privacy of their own home, I won't get worked up about it myself.

As for the Andrea Doria/Stockholm scenario- likewise, no one will get hurt so personally I can't see the harm in it. But I get the impression that many professional mariners are still quite superstitious over it...

Stu

mvsmith

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 01:01:31 »

Stu,
If I seem irritated over the obsession with sinking, it’s mostly that I think other aspects of this sim deserve more attention. The developers have a very full plate with just the desirable additions to the infrastructure such as seas, tides, and currents.
New York harbor is a complex tidal basin. It is possible to circle Manhattan going always with the tidal current. Ship movements, especially barge tows, are scheduled with the tides.

Then there is the question of operating locks and dry docks—floating and graving. The list is limitless.
Add to that the growing list of vessels requested, and—though when it comes to draining the swamp, the Dutch wrote the book—they face a daunting task. That’s why I’m sometimes impatient with requests to fix non-problems.
I confess my other aversion to sinking; Tried it once…didn’t like it.
Marty

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 15:16:08 »

to keep on topic, i reistalled the game include the patch, and still no save function and the bugs are still not fixed :'(

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 23:01:05 »

Hi MVSmith

I agree with you about the sinking. I can not get enthusiastic about it. Yes, like everyone (or nearly) I sank a couple of ships just to see, but once you see it once...

Nevertheless, I think Vstep was right to put it in. But equally, I can not get worked up over it like some- what's the big deal with it?

I think tidal flows would be one of the greatest features that could be included in the future but I think that is a lot more complex programming than the sinking feature.

Stu

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 23:01:57 »

to keep on topic, i reistalled the game include the patch, and still no save function and the bugs are still not fixed :'(

Well, that's odd as everyone else says different. Are you sure the patch has been installed correctly? Does it say 1.1 on it?

Stu

Jackal

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 23:39:23 »

Well, that's odd as everyone else says different. Are you sure the patch has been installed correctly? Does it say 1.1 on it?

Stu

I suppose he's tried only Free Roam mode, where you actually can't save the game... It's a pity it's not possible to save in free roam mode. Moreover, the problem that date/time is reset everytime you load a game isn't solved either.
Ciao,

Corrado
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines