Hello Guest May 04, 2024, 04:35:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: game hasnt come :(  (Read 93236 times)

laganviking

• Forum member
Re: game hasnt come :(
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2010, 14:10:29 »

How ironic. :lol:

Thats the defination of irony right there  :doh:
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

bananalord687

• Forum member
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2010, 15:22:20 »

I downloaded straight from vstep, and while I am not so happy with the lack of content - missions etc, The game doesn't seem to be running too badly, though I did have one isolated issue where the frame rate slowed down for some reason, and I run a machine more than capable of running this game, so if you question your pc's capability, it could be bad news  :(, though I must say I AM confused at why vstep chooses to release games that are not 100% complete and have so many bugs and issues that they need to release patches. Can't they hold off on release and properly test the game and wait until everything intended to be in the game is in it? Call me crazy.... but that just sounds like a better way of doing things, and missing booklets without serial numbers? Come on, that just ain't right. This is Vstep's game, they are responsible for it. I work at Home Depot (A US hardware distributor for those of you outside of the US  ;)) We in many cases use third party companies for tasks, but at the end of the day if something goes wrong on our watch, it is our fault, and we take care of buisness. Vstep should do the same.

And in all fairness, the customers have the right to rant in this case. All's I know is my email was spammed with advertisements for this game, that made it sound so legendarily better from it's 08 counterpart, that I was sold.  The pictures looked awesome! But the pictures were also very deceiving. How come the advertisements didn't also say "Oh yeah, a lot of the things you see in these pictures either aren't actually in the game, or won't actually be released for a few months after in a download-able patch," because vstep knows that if it HAD stated such a thing, No one would have bought the game outright. I am sorry, but I am feeling a little scammed at the moment, however if everything is put right soon, I will be happy. SO all hope is not lost vstep, you can regain the trust and faith in your customers, you just need to earn it by cleaning up this mess.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 15:31:24 by bananalord687 »

Ferrymaster

• Forum member
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2010, 16:21:25 »

I'm still waiting on my boxed edition, can't wait till tuesday
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 16:24:54 by Ferrymaster »

fam-morf2

• Forum member
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2010, 16:48:42 »

but can u wait untill tommorow?
Mein/my System:

Windows7 Home Edition Service Pack 1

AMD Phenom x6 6X 3,3Ghz 1100t + Turbo bis 3,7Ghz

16GB DDR3 RAM

AMD Radeonâ„¢ HD 6570 2048 MB (defekt ich benutze grad eine Nvidia 520GT 1GB)

ASUS M4A88T-M

7.1 Sound 8-Channel HD Audio (VT1708S)

Ferrymaster

• Forum member
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2010, 17:59:54 »

but can u wait untill tommorow?

I read on the tnt site they don't deliver on monday

david payne

• Forum member
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2010, 18:01:18 »

I read on the tnt site they don't deliver on monday

were did you here that !!! ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2010, 18:08:54 »

were did you here that !!! ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

I think it's because tomorrow (Monday) is a public holiday in the UK, therefore no mail deliveries.

I don't know if it's the same for other European countries.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

david payne

• Forum member
« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2010, 18:10:51 »

I think it's because tomorrow (Monday) is a public holiday in the UK, therefore no mail deliveries.

I don't know if it's the same for other European countries.

no i live in ireland

sean2e5

• Forum member
« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2010, 18:36:36 »

My game hasn't arrvied here and I just remembered that its a public holiday in UK tomorrow so it won't arrive until Tuesday now  :(
ONLINE NAME      ZENARCHER

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #109 on: August 29, 2010, 18:44:27 »

My game hasn't arrvied here and I just remembered that its a public holiday in UK tomorrow so it won't arrive until Tuesday now  :(

What with the problems many folks are having regarding Steam, activation codes not working etc, maybe it's just as well we are waiting while the issues are being ironed out.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2010, 18:45:51 »

i now where the my game is but the sorting office is closed
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

dday

• Forum member
« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2010, 18:50:31 »

I will admit I find this whole scenario very strange. If the majority of us did indeed order our games via a pre-order whether direct from vstep, Play, amazon etc and lots of us have been Emailed stating that the game was posted "earlier in the week" and those that ordered before a certain date will get their games by that afternoon. Well that makes that nearly a week ago. Is there some sort of Global mail strike that I haven't heard about?, did a container ship carrying all except a few thousand copies that have since been successfully delivered sink to the bottom of the seas we are supposed to be vitually sailing on? again, not that I've heard about.
        So it begs the question where are all these copies of SSE? I don't believe for one minute they are sat in postal sorting offices, our postal service really isn't that bad. it's starting to seem more likely there were production problems and not enough were made in time, or it was Vstep holding back as long as possible to try and iron out as many of bugs as they could. Either way we should have had our delivery on the release date as is the point of a "pre-Order". I have thousands of DVD's in my collection and not one of them has taken any longer than a 3 -5 days to arrive and all have arrived on date of release if it has been a pre-order.
         Maybe someone just needs to own up and admit "You didn't post them as it wasn't ready". Don't string us along with false hopes of a delivery, we are not idiots and we are definitely worth more than that.
         Sorry if I sound a little sarcastic, I pre-ordered on the 9th when it became available and still haven't received it so I think I'm entitled to be.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2010, 18:51:02 »

What with the problems many folks are having regarding Steam, activation codes not working etc, maybe it's just as well we are waiting while the issues are being ironed out.

I was just thinking the same thing.. ;)

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2010, 18:53:12 »

I have no idea where on earth my copy is  :-\

sean2e5

• Forum member
« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2010, 18:57:56 »

Your right hope they get it fixed by then. I pre ordered mine 4 days before the release date I checked on Friday and Amazon said it has been sent out. I live way far north west of Scotland on a island so it wouldn't arrive on Saturday and not Sunday cause theres no post on a Sunday and now not Monday due to a public holiday. So maybe all the delays are good so they can fix them  8)
ONLINE NAME      ZENARCHER

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2010, 19:03:13 »

Yep, this delay could turn out to be a blessing in disguise..
Think I'll check for my game sometime next week.. ;)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 21:26:45 by saltydog »

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2010, 19:08:35 »

I cant play it till Friday anyway  :doh:
Studying tommorow and Tuesday.
Wednesday I have an exam and Thursday I have an exam
So that leaves Friday  :thumbs:

david payne

• Forum member
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2010, 19:10:25 »

I cant play it till Friday anyway  :doh:
Studying tommorow and Tuesday.
Wednesday I have an exam and Thursday I have an exam
So that leaves Friday  :thumbs:

good look whit your exams !!!!!!!

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2010, 19:22:51 »

Cheers  :2thumbs:

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2010, 19:29:03 »

Another plus, now you won't be distracted by the game.. ;D  Good luck.. :thumbs:

sgoudie

• Forum member
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2010, 22:51:55 »

I have no idea where on earth my copy is  :-\

In the back of a posty van! :thumbdown:

Sjoerd92

• Forum member
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2010, 22:53:35 »

It must come tomorrow!  :thumbs:

Biggles1975

• Forum member
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2010, 23:08:03 »

It must come tomorrow!  :thumbs:

For us in England it won't it's a bank holiday so no post.

appleair

• Forum member
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2010, 04:33:02 »

Canada Post has a few employees going on strike now....  :'(

SSE for me might be delayed further.

(Not complaining because those people down in Seattle are rather slow in getting the license key activation thing being allowed.)
"Sometimes there is a greater lack of communication in facile talking than in silence. " - Faith Baldwin

Sjoerd92

• Forum member
« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2010, 09:53:10 »

Waiting, waiting waiting for the post man to arrive
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines