Hello Guest May 04, 2024, 09:04:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: invalid license key anybody help  (Read 780 times)

leighroy

• Forum member
invalid license key anybody help
« on: November 02, 2008, 09:32:55 »

Hey guys,
This is the first time on the sight so hello to all. Purchased ship sim 2008 yesturday but have not been able to get it to run due to the license key being invalid. Seems a bit rough dish out the doe to buy it and it doesn`t run license key for new horizens seems to be okay but ship sim 2008 no go. If some one could give me some advice it would be great hopefully something simple. ???

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: invalid license key anybody help
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 10:45:50 »

Hi,

First of all, welcome to the forum, its a very friendly place full of marmite loving people :P

Anyway, your problem, where did you purchase the game from?

I would also recommend sending a message to Wout enclosing your licence key, so that VSTEP can check it to see if it is a genuine licence key ;)

Hope this help :)

SA

Gamefan!

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 14:11:37 »

Maybe wrong key u entered? it happens sometimes. You gotta look carefull after u have write it and see that its right u have entered?
Loyal Shipsim fan ;)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 22:35:09 »

Hi Leighroy and welcome to the forum!

You do seem to have reigstered here with a valid key, so it's weird that it won't work with the game itself.

If you want, you may send me the key in a Personal Message. I will have it checked for you by VSTEP.

But first you have to be sure that you entered it correctly of course. Did you rule out any chance of a mistake, like a zero being read as an "O", for example?

If you're certain you entered it correctly yet it wont accept it, send it to me, and we'll see what the deal is. We'll get it running, no worries.

Regards,
Fred

TerryRussell

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 14:19:34 »

Hi.

Just a thought, but I have had a few reports previously where people have had problems and we've found that the keys have been entered in the wrong sequence.

I'd suggest going to the Technical Support section, then going to the "Guides" sticky thread. In the last post there you'll find my flowchart that shows the corect installation sequence. it also tells you to load the game and enter the relevant key at various stages.

That may well fix the problem (assuming it wasn't an error with 0 and 0, etc).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines