Hello Guest May 09, 2024, 16:42:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AI Ships in SS08  (Read 2319 times)

Lifeboat

• Forum member
AI Ships in SS08
« on: August 30, 2007, 11:44:41 »

Hi,

I have had a few occasions where the AI ships have just kept on going & crashed into me, just like they did in SS06 before they fixed it with a patch.

I had one time during a downloaded mission with the 2 Sherpa's towning the VLCC into dock, when a passing container vessel did not stop & went into the side of VLCC, even though it was my right of way & she had more than enough time to stop.... >:(

Does anybody have this problem at all? And is it to be fixed in a patch?
Lifeboats24-7...Leading International Maritime Search & Rescue Resource.With Forum,Gallery & much more. http://www.lifeboats24-7.com

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
Re: AI Ships in SS08
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 13:55:03 »

Yes same here i believe the a1 ships will be sorted with the patch :D

mvsmith

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 05:02:30 »

VSTEP do not refer to their background traffic as AI—Artificial Intelligence—, which would imply that they behaved intelligently with respect to COLREGS.
Rather, they call them Autonomous, implying only that they do their own thing.
They are similar to ships in Trainz, which are actually locomotives running on invisible track.

Trainz, on the other hand, stepped in it by using AI to describe their background traffic. They have been the butt of many jokes on their forum.
There are a number of drivers that may be assigned to AI trains. Perhaps because he was one of the earliest and first alphabetically, Alistair catches most of the flak in such jokes. I think he finally had enough and got a Master’s ticket.

shipmania2007

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 09:42:37 »

i have that problem as well and its very annoying
But its very funny seeing all of the damage and taking pics of it  8)

MBS
;) I love this game

Ship Sim

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 17:05:23 »

Yeah once i crashed and stoped up traffic in hamburg with whe vermas. :D

dharl

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 15:03:41 »

Had an annoying AI vessel yesterday  :) Happlly taking the Sherpa from Cowes to Portsmouth on a Sunday afternoon cruise (the wife had gone shopping!   ;) ) , well i put the weather to how it actually was in the Solent yesterday so wet and windy! But had a nice trip out of the river, then was halfway to the Swashway when, just south of Stokes bay (glimpsed in the mist) a small barge on passage from Popmey to Soton did a hard a stbd and crossed my bow!  :o Only a quick hard a stbd my self saved collision  8) Apart from that had a gret trip, apart from going aground just in the entrance to Portsmouth, right off Fort Blockhouse!   oops the QHM not amused!

I love this programe, usually bug free  ;)

lordbob5

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 00:37:58 »

Did you give that old barge some abuse?

They can be painful AI at times.

dharl

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 09:40:37 »

gave him 5 short blasts and some "virtual" longer words from the bridge wing!   Just like normal when transiting up the Solent!

;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines