Hello Guest May 13, 2024, 04:33:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Got Quite Excited !  (Read 2490 times)

BigBravo21

• Forum member
Got Quite Excited !
« on: September 06, 2010, 18:03:54 »

When I saw that there was a direct Dover to Clais link I got quite excited !
I wanted to take The Pride of Rotterdam and do the ferry run. I have always been amazed how cross-channel ferry captains weave effortlessly between the many huge ships going through there. One mistake and it's your last !
But there is no AI traffic in free roam. ANd when I get the Rotterdam into Dover, as soon as I touch the jetty walls at the terminal,. I sink immediately. I haven't been to Calais to try there. What's the point if I can't do Dover to Calais and back, anyway.... I was quite excited there for a minute. Anybody managed to moor the Rotterdam at Dover at the ferry terminal ? (yes I have tried more than one.....). And when are we going to get AI vessels in Free Roam ?

Heikodewal

• Forum member
Re: Got Quite Excited !
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 18:31:39 »

I did manage to moor the pride in Dover and in Calais. It is very, very time consuming. One little bump to the jetty and you sink, that is true. And no traffic in the channel is indeed not very realistic.........

BigBravo21

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 18:47:17 »

Thank you for such a prompt reply !
Yeah, and let's hope, if they do ever give us AI in Free Roam, the Channel is as full of ships as it seems to be whenever I have gone across it ! Huge ships !

msdejesus

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 19:42:03 »

Quite agree with the above posts, but what we really need is a mission editor  ;)

That would give this game a new value.

sean2e5

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 21:14:34 »

Also agree some AI ships are needed makes it more realistic.
ONLINE NAME      ZENARCHER

Biggles1975

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 23:11:19 »

I think Vstep are aware of the above and do plan to fix the damage model along with other things. And Msdejesus are you the same one from the UKTS forums?

msdejesus

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 06:59:40 »

... And Msdejesus are you the same one from the UKTS forums?

Yes, I am.

Regards

Manuel

BigBravo21

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 18:33:55 »

You see, it's different things for different folks. Some people love the missions. I have hardly done any. I really like Free Roaming. So lack of AI ships is a real lack of functionality for me.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 01:57:36 »

It would be great with AI traffic in freeroam(and everywhere else), and the best way would be to fix it so you can choose if you like other ships or not.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines