Hello Guest May 02, 2024, 05:02:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copyright On SS08 Titanic  (Read 2350 times)

Britannic

• Forum member
Copyright On SS08 Titanic
« on: September 05, 2007, 16:54:12 »

I thought it was ok, but just in case...Ive recenlty made a music video about Titanic for college, but for some of the wreck comparison pics I couldnt find enough originals to make my point, so I just took pictures in ss08, blurred them, bump mapped them, decomposed the RGB and basically made 'em look like real original pics. And it triumphed! ONly one person so far has twigged. My teach said I didnt have to ask for copyright as its for educational use, but I'd hate to take over-advantage of this wonderous game, so I'm going to ask: Am I allowed to use images of Titanic and elements of ship sim in a non-public educational environment in a self-contained video. I have credited ship sim in the titles also, and the images are barely recognisable as ship sim, but I thought I'd best ask! :) And if any of the developers on here want to see for themselves, I'd be more than pleased to send you a low quality 5meg copy via e-mail.

And no, I havnt been asked to do this by the college-I just dont want to get sued and upset anyone!  ;D

Friendly Regards, Sky.
When Ive finished Media college Ive got many desired jobs, one being; Simulator making!

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
Re: Copyright On SS08 Titanic
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 17:13:30 »

Sorry I cannot help you regarding the copyright of images but if the devs are ok with it, I'd love to see your work. Perhaps you could post some pictures once the devs are ok with it? I'm quite intrigued by your work it sounds like fun  :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Britannic

• Forum member
Re: Copyright On SS08 Titanic
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 17:38:39 »

hey Capt Spencer! :)

I'll wait and see what vstep say first, but I'll be sure to post some examples on here! I use Gimp 2.2. Its a free professional piece of software developed by Linux and its brill for this kinda thing! If this were amonth ago I'd have given you a link to my youtube where youd encounter all of my vids but unfortunutly, I couldnt get permission from an artist (Ken Marchall) for using his work, which is fair enough so I had to take all my ship vids of cos I'd used quite a bit of his work. But here it is anyway-not much on it though! www.youtube.co.uk/bnmmvii.

yes, it is very fun cos I also use my own music-its modern music, but I think it goes well! I hate stereotypes when it comes to Titanic.  :)

Ill shut up now.  ;D

Regards, Sky.

When Ive finished Media college Ive got many desired jobs, one being; Simulator making!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines