Hello Guest May 16, 2024, 12:37:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Building Docks?  (Read 1995 times)

CarlisleII

• Forum member
Building Docks?
« on: November 26, 2007, 19:27:34 »

Is there a way in mission creator that you can place docks in certain areas or extend previous docks to make them longer?

Thanks

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: Building Docks?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 19:33:06 »

How do you mean? Jetties, or quays? :)

CarlisleII

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 19:41:47 »

Uhmmm both I guess. Jetties would be nice, but at the same time i wanted to build a few finger piers to moor a couple tugs in a certain area that I like in San Fransisco..........if that makes sense :)

Thanks

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 20:57:10 »

The short answer is no. There are no static objects to do that. Providing such might be a challenge for the developers, because they would have to be placed on water. Docks, at present, are a feature of the environment, and difficult to change.
Marty

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 21:00:30 »

Uhmmm both I guess. Jetties would be nice, but at the same time i wanted to build a few finger piers to moor a couple tugs in a certain area that I like in San Fransisco..........if that makes sense :)

Thanks

Oh right. Nice idea though :)

Captain Davies

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 23:16:11 »

Unfortunately no such feature exsists in game.  i have outlined a similar idea in this thread http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,430.0.html please add your support if you agree with it.

budbud

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 23:51:04 »

Hi just a small idea I haven't try yet in the mission editor: maybe you can place static ships to use them like berths. Can't either remember if you can use the mooring function on static ships. I'm just going to chack that now.
C'est curieux ce besoin que les marins ont de faire des phrases!

CarlisleII

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 01:31:26 »

Ok thanks for the help. Maybe the developers will create that someday ;D

And that was a good idea about using a boat for berthing.....im gana try it

Thanks

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 02:36:05 »

Hello,
Very good idea that could be enhanced by using bollards in the water (ducs d'albe) and on shore. I use also big ramps (rotated 180°) as a part of the system to better visualize it. As a benefit, the ramps dont move, unlike ships and buoys. I did it to simulate 8e Petroleumhaven in Rotterdam to berth Latitude. You cannot miss such a berth.  :D
Regards,
Luc

budbud

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 17:10:52 »

Hi
finally I tried yesterday evening to use ships as berths. I placed static ships (a river bulk carrier) and the mooring function work well. The static ship doesn't move and all her bollards are available to make fast your line.
I didn't think of the ramp but it must be helpful in order to create a complex berth with dolphins for the latitude as you said LucAtC.
C'est curieux ce besoin que les marins ont de faire des phrases!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines