Hello Guest May 24, 2024, 15:38:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Editor  (Read 31103 times)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
Re: Ship Editor
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2007, 01:38:46 »

Mentioning the competition??????

Executioner!
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Orinoco

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2007, 01:45:17 »

Personally, I'm a much bigger fan of Ship Sim than Virtual Sailor.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2007, 02:26:45 »

like any 2competitors, they both have their pros and cons. Both will have their fans...

Compare to:

Coke Vs Pepsi
Muckdonalds Vs Bug King
British Airways Vs Virgin

It's wrong for people to keep comparing them as they have gone down different channels of what they consider most important.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2007, 17:15:26 »

like any 2competitors, they both have their pros and cons. Both will have their fans...

Compare to:

Coke Vs Pepsi
Muckdonalds Vs Bug King

It's wrong for people to keep comparing them as they have gone down different channels of what they consider most important.

I totally agree. It's like those who compare Xbox and PS and they have a "fight night" going on sometimes just to prove which one is the loser and winner. They argue like kids. Their comments is  very fun to read.
I read some online computer/game sites on the WWW and the fights come and go ;D

Typical human nature... :D

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2007, 17:54:05 »

I would never condone those who go onto a site and say how much better the 'other lot' are. But it is funny to watch as they usually can't tell they're being had.

Still, we don't want THAT HERE. ;)

Stu

Orinoco

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2007, 23:34:01 »

I totally agree. It's like those who compare Xbox and PS and they have a "fight night" going on sometimes just to prove which one is the loser and winner. They argue like kids. Their comments is  very fun to read.
I read some online computer/game sites on the WWW and the fights come and go ;D

Typical human nature... :D

Depends on the gen. IMO:

1st gen winner: Sony PS (but N64 had Perfect Dark and Lylat Wars!)
2nd gen winner: Sony PS2 (But GC was fun - esp. Pikmin)
3rd gen winner: Nintendo Wii. (But PS3 is the technically superior console).

mporter

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2007, 02:05:08 »

Compare to:

Coke Vs Pepsi
Muckdonalds Vs Bug King

I agree completely! And I have no interest in urging any of my choices on anyone else.

Cheers,
Michael
Michael Porter Marine Design
www.mp-marine.com

Lighthouse

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2007, 00:24:12 »

Hi all,

Okay, I've got a few questions I'd like to ask regarding the Ship Editor. Right here we go...

1) When will this Ship Editor be release? In the next patch later this year?

2) Can you import your own ships into Ship Simulator by using this Editor

3) Will this editor use the same file formate as Virtual Sail when importing ships? i.e. Rudder area in ft, Hp, max rudder turn degree etc.

4) Will this editor enable you to edit ship sound files

5) Will this editor allow the user to import custom sounds for his/her custom ship they wish to import into the game? i.e. start up sound, idle, 1/2 throttle, full throttle and fog / ship horn.

Thanks for taking the time to read my reply, if you can answer any of these questions it would be greatly appreciated.

Bon Voyage,

Lighthouse
The lighthouse, added in the 1820s to aid navigation for vessels using the deep water channels. It is still in use today and plays a central role in the navigational system for ships entering coastal Harbours.

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2007, 08:32:47 »

Hi Lighthouse :)

Would you please read the FAQ and announcement section before posting?
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,1071.0.html

There is not going to be such an editor in the near future. There might be added a function to the mission editor so that you can add static objects to the game - but still not playable ships.

Regards
groennegaard

Lighthouse

• Forum member
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2007, 08:40:58 »

Hi Groennegaard,

Well I didn't read the FAQ's and Annoncements before posting but I did do a search and this was the only topic which came up so, sorry for not checking there also. Well... I didn't know there was a topic on this there, so sorry I look there also in the future.

Well static objects is a start but after reading the topic in the FAQ's and Annoncements, yes I did read it, there is no chance in the near future, at least, of a ship editior and import (SAD Moan)

Bon Voyage,

Lighthouse

The lighthouse, added in the 1820s to aid navigation for vessels using the deep water channels. It is still in use today and plays a central role in the navigational system for ships entering coastal Harbours.

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2007, 19:23:06 »

Hello Groennegaard,
And I also never stated there would not be a ship dynamics editor. we may well release our internal dynamics editor in a few months, when it is stable and suitable for external use.
Any news about that?
Regards,
Luc

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2007, 23:23:35 »

Hi Luc :)

Unfortunately no news about that either  :-\

Regards
groennegaard

chuan15

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2007, 12:40:01 »

where can i download ship editor ? i need this software because i unable to play the v1.1 patch due to the required serial numer after i installed the patch.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2007, 13:41:56 »

where can i download ship editor ? i need this software because i unable to play the v1.1 patch due to the required serial numer after i installed the patch.

I have a question to ask you then, if you're unable to use the 1.1 update because of licence key issues, why is this?  If you got the game 'legally', you will have no issues with the licence key :)

There is no Ship Editor, only a Mission Editor, and this requires the 1.1 update to be installed.

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2007, 09:39:28 »

Good grief, Mr DJM. You do find them, don't you?

Stu
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines