Hello Guest May 04, 2024, 20:29:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will they Return The RMS Titanic?  (Read 3693 times)

CaptEdwardSmith

• Forum member
Will they Return The RMS Titanic?
« on: July 03, 2011, 07:41:33 »

Just wondering they should try to bring it back. I am a big fan of that ship and sometimes feel like I was born in the wrong time. If they do they should do a bit more improving more detail on the ship then they had for ship simulator 2008 and I would love to see the hole ship stand up then break and split. plus it would be fun to go to Harland and Wolff to New York City on it's maiden voyage. tho I know it's a lot of work and money but it would be nice to see her back tho in Ship simulator 2008 Titanic went at 21 knots (39 km/h; 24 mph) 23 knots (43 km/h; 26 mph) but in the game it feels so slow.

CaptEdwardSmith

• Forum member
Re: Will they Return The RMS Titanic?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 07:50:52 »

even tho they don't have too put the ship in the game and there have been rumors I would love to see RMS Titanic in Ship Simulator Extremes but also they could always improve and make it better and better with detail and making it so life like. that's why I love the total war games.

Snakebyte92

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 07:51:44 »

Hello CaptEdwardSmith,

First of all welcome to the forum.
Second of all, please add your SSE key to your profile.

And for answering your question. Many people made a topic about that. All those topics goes about the same answer about the Titantic. So if you next time first search, and after that make a topic. It safe's spaces here.
Hope you understand that. :)
But no one really knows or the Titantic comes back. I personally don't think so. Next year it's a century ago that the Titantic exict. So I think Vstep more focus on the modern ship industry. But that's just a hunch.

Snaky
Cadet Holland America Line

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 07:53:56 »

The most descriptive answer I have read in response to a question virtually identical to yours is this one:

The reasons why the decision was made—many months before release—that she would not be in the release, and why it is still uncertain when—or if—she will return have been stated before:
1. The difficulty in getting her—or any ship—to behave properly in the new sea model.
2. The very high poly count that was a severe problem even in SS2008 and was a greater problem in light of the performance problems with the added features in SSE.
3. Jason wanted time to make improvements in his model.
That last one is, I believe, still a controlling factor.

As for wanting her in-game, welcome to the club ::)

CaptEdwardSmith

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 08:02:15 »

Hello and Greetings and Thank you, Snakebyte92

Yeah I know but I guess it's a wait and see and I know about leaving spaces but normally I get writing so fast I don't even look but thanks.    I know I saw a few and I skimmed threw them but I thought that if we can branch and start talking about it more maybe it might get out more to company that people really do want it and then vote if they do think so or no.     tho I would not care if they do but it would be nice.

Ralphy

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 09:10:59 »

Another problem with Titanic is that many people who want her in the game only want her due to watching the film and then they wish to recreate it. These people will film it and put it on youtube, companies of real ships may see this and think..."We don't want our ships in that game if people are just going to sink them for fun!"

That will then ruin the future possibilites for more real ships for the rest of us.

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 10:08:08 »

For me the one good thinmg about having Titanic in the game is that she handles so differently from the other ships that it makes it quite interesting to manoeuvre her alongside with tugs etc.  The big drawback is the number of pointless threads which it generates on the forum.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 12:50:58 »

Another problem with Titanic is that many people who want her in the game only want her due to watching the film and then they wish to recreate it. These people will film it and put it on youtube, companies of real ships may see this and think..."We don't want our ships in that game if people are just going to sink them for fun!"

That will then ruin the future possibilites for more real ships for the rest of us.

or people just want to know how it's like to sail an iconic 1912 steamer.

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 14:05:13 »

or people just want to know how it's like to sail an iconic 1912 steamer.

I would love to see the hole ship stand up then break and split.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 15:15:30 »

he is people

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 06:35:24 »

I got into this series in the first place for the sake of Titanic. It's the only way I ever even heard of this game, and excitedly await her return. Ironically, Titanic is the last ship in the game I would want to sink :doh: There is much to see aboard, and it seems as if there is more to come!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines