Hello Guest May 07, 2024, 06:24:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Realistics...  (Read 1043 times)

santraklos

• Forum member
Realistics...
« on: January 10, 2010, 17:30:38 »

Hi, i dont think ship simulator is realistic enough...
I expected something like flight simulator x...
Where you have more buttions, are going to destinations, and gets passengers onboard, a "bridge" for the cars gets attached etc., and things like that..
What do you think.?

Do you have any ideas how i can make it more realistic?

Thanks in advance..

TNeves

• Forum member
Re: Realistics...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 17:38:15 »

You can't. ;)

ShipSim is not so old as FSX, and the community doesn't have the same size, for now. This explains some of that, but you may want to take a look at ShipSim Extremes, that is almost released. For me is more important to have a great physics engine, and then all the commands that you need to control the vessel. V-STEP also have ShipSim pro that has all that commands like FSX.

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 17:53:48 »

You can't. ;)

ShipSim is not so old as FSX, and the community doesn't have the same size, for now. This explains some of that, but you may want to take a look at ShipSim Extremes, that is almost released. For me is more important to have a great physics engine, and then all the commands that you need to control the vessel. V-STEP also have ShipSim pro that has all that commands like FSX.
Yes, but the Pro is still a simulation for ship handling and navigation, no more, no less. Same for the somewhat cheaper version ShipSimulatorExtremes, which is due to Q2.
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 18:18:42 »

Gentlemen, if I may I think this can be answered quite easily:

"Who says MSFS is realistic?"

If aircraft really handled like they do in MSFS, I for one wouldn't get on one. I've found the dynamics to be a 'little lacking' especially in pitch control. I can fly and land a real aircraft, but struggle in MSFS!

But overall, remember that SS is on version 2. MSFS has/was around for 20 odd years.

It is widely expected that SSE will have more features in it.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines