Hello Guest May 05, 2024, 13:53:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free roaming question  (Read 1037 times)

sdflyer

• Forum member
Free roaming question
« on: September 08, 2010, 18:54:08 »

I have a question. Can I theoretically sail across the ocean from one continent to another, or SSE strictly tight to the local maps?

mvsmith

Re: Free roaming question
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 19:39:19 »

Not in free roaming, at least not in the Beta I run. In SS 2008 you could jump to another environment in free roaming.

When the mission editor is released, you will be able to make missions that allow you to jump to other environments, but you cannot sail continuously between harbors (except between Dover and Calais, which are in a single environment.)

sdflyer

• Forum member
Re: Free roaming question
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 20:49:20 »

Not in free roaming, at least not in the Beta I run. In SS 2008 you could jump to another environment in free roaming.

When the mission editor is released, you will be able to make missions that allow you to jump to other environments, but you cannot sail continuously between harbors (except between Dover and Calais, which are in a single environment.)

Thanks for the answer. That is a shame for a "simulator" :( I like the concept similar to Silent Hunter 5 when you can go all over Atlantic without boundaries using real time or accelerated time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines