Hello Guest May 08, 2024, 01:54:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: when does the sinking patch releases?  (Read 6226 times)

Mr Robville

• Administrator
when does the sinking patch releases?
« on: July 10, 2007, 08:00:50 »

i read i a lot of topics that there will be a sinking patch that makes ships REAL sinking, but i asked a couple of times ''when does this patch releases?'' and so far no answer, so can anyone tell me when the sinking patch will release?  ;)

KRH

• Forum member
Re: when does the sinking patch releases?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 08:49:31 »

Well, the answer to your question is really simple.
no one knows at the moment.
We'll just have to wait.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 09:33:46 »

ok then

rs

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 11:12:50 »

Why sink a ship? I think the developers should work on other features like waves and ships dynamics!

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 11:15:33 »

Peopel are crasy to see ship's sink!  :D

dragongfx

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 12:11:51 »

What is so fun 2 make a lot of holes on u boat and make it 2 sink, ? this is a training sim, not a crash sim. and i agree with rs we need more realistisk dynamics  and wawes, mybe bether night env... like light on the houses in harbor and light poles. and bouys with lights.  :)

mporter

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 12:29:08 »

What is so fun 2 make a lot of holes on u boat and make it 2 sink, ? this is a training sim, not a crash sim. and i agree with rs we need more realistisk dynamics  and wawes, mybe bether night env... like light on the houses in harbor and light poles. and bouys with lights.  :)

I agree 100%, especially about realistic dynamics!
Michael Porter Marine Design
www.mp-marine.com

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 12:38:45 »

But, it's also important that you can't just crash into everything without any effects. Like on flight sim, you may aswell say, you cant crash on FS.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 12:45:45 »

indeed, withoud real-life crashes the game is more unrealistic
but i started this topic to ask when the patch releases, not wich features have to be better  ;)

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 12:53:35 »

And we were discussing one issue, your question has been answered before you even made this topic in other posts you posted.

dragongfx

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 13:01:36 »

Yes for sure. the crash dynamic, must be realistisk 2. if u  hit a nother ship hard u should beginn 2 take in water and sink. but i think a lot of people are going 2  _Wwwwwooow look a ship i need 2 crash in it  2 get it 2 sink. :P 

But i think sinking patch are not the priority . They should make a patch for the things writhing above about dynamic,s and the  night envi. it,s nice 2 take a big ship in 2 harbor in a dark night and se the lights from the city and bouys on the wather.  :P
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 13:11:21 by dragongfx »

greyhill

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 14:48:38 »

the ability to sink a ship in the sim is a good idea.  I think your ship or boat should get damaged or sink if you plough to hard into heavy seas, as in real life, you stand the chance of structural damage or being swamped.

Rogue waves would be a good development in the future and on a totally random basis.

ships used to be made of wood, and sailed by men of steel, now the ships are made of steel, and the men of wood.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 17:25:58 »

For emergency (mayday mayday) situations sinking can be great, time rush against the clock to rescue all crew and passengers from the vessel.
So sinking can be very handful to simulate in such situations. ;)

UUUUUHHHHHH

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 17:44:29 »

Rogue Waves!!  :o ;D    ..like Posidon!! YAAAAY!
Ich hasse dich.

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 14:11:15 »

Haha!  :D

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 16:49:59 »

it is aslo awsome to be on a sinking ship to see the last seconds of the ship above the ocean, like the nice teering cabin were you just sit in, is now under water and will never return!!1 :'(   unless you restart the mission ofcourse  ;)

it also makes the game a bit more attractive  ;D

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 12:14:05 »

I think people who say the sinking patch should not be focused on should re-think. Put it this way, ship simulator is as it says in the title a 'simulator'. Yes we should have realistic dynamics and have nice environments but what would ship sim be without sinking? You can simulate a sinking of a ship and make it part of many missions. As long as vstep make ship sinking realistic I think sinking is a pretty important feature in the game. Plus I'm sure many people won't have bought the game for realism, but simply as a 'game'.

Cheers,
Adam
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

adamano

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 12:20:21 »

The sinking and waves is a good think for multiplayer situations, someone reports they are sinking, off go the rescue boats and salvage crew

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 12:22:53 »

The sinking and waves is a good think for multiplayer situations, someone reports they are sinking, off go the rescue boats and salvage crew

Very good idea! I would like to see that too!
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 12:27:55 »

Plus I'm sure many people won't have bought the game for realism, but simply as a 'game'.

Actually you are wrong about that... If you read the answers in this topic:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,146.0.html

you will find out that most people prefer the technical simulator aspects.

The answers so far are distributed like this:
Simulation: 61
Arcade (your simple 'game'...): 0
Neither simulation nor arcade: 3
Both simulation and arcade: 1

I know that these answers do not correspond to every user of Ship Simulator, but they show a very clear tendency. We want realism!

Regards
groennegaard

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 12:41:40 »

I realise a vast majority of people will have bought the game for it's realism. I myself tend to go for realism and beautiful graphics however I am sure that many people will have bought the game simply to play as a game.  :) I don't mean to be offensive, but the stats you provided below will reflect a tiny portion of those who play SS and don't really prove anything. I bet there are thousands of people who will have bought the game simply to drive ships around and try to sink them.

I don't think I was wrong, because I know of people who bought the game to see if they could 'sink a ship and smash it up' basically to have some fun. However I am sure that 90% of people who bought SS2006/8 will have done so for it's realism, I know I did  ;D

Just my thoughts...

Cheers,
Adam

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 15:41:38 »

i aslo bought shipsimulator as a game ;D
and there is one mission were you can see a oil tanker sinking, i don't know the name of it anymore but it is a mission located in the ocean and you start with an rescue boat.

as soon as you get to the ship you will see it go down in the water, but the speed of sinking is a bit too fast, so i think the ship sinks with programmed scripts
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines