Hello Guest May 17, 2024, 20:27:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 1027   Go Down

Author Topic: The Cookie Box MkII - On stranger tides  (Read 3393717 times)

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
Re: The Cookie Box MkII - On stranger tides
« Reply #24625 on: June 15, 2013, 12:51:07 »

It's been raining ofr six days straight no stop here. And it's not very warm either.
Our  Monsoon summer season has started! No chance of a tan.  :doh:
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #24626 on: June 15, 2013, 16:38:45 »

Here it has to be 40o F! Cloud cover and high moisture are making a cold, damp day.
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #24627 on: June 15, 2013, 18:13:07 »

After a 19 hour journey from Singapore, I have had a 9 hour stopover in Madrid so caught the Metro into town for a few hours, weather is scorchio, now back at the airport waiting for the last leg of my journey to Lanzarote.

ci

• Forum member
« Reply #24628 on: June 15, 2013, 18:38:32 »

If you know anyone that would love to go on a cruise but can`t because they get sea sick,then this might be the ideal holiday for them.
http://travel.aol.co.uk/2013/06/14/sun-cruise-resort-south-korea-cruise-ship-hotel/

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #24629 on: June 15, 2013, 23:07:02 »

I love the idea, but it's just not the same experience of going on a real ship.
Today's weather:

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24630 on: June 17, 2013, 00:38:15 »

After a 19 hour journey from Singapore, I have had a 9 hour stopover in Madrid so caught the Metro into town for a few hours, weather is scorchio, now back at the airport waiting for the last leg of my journey to Lanzarote.

Sure beats waiting at the airport! We are now at the Steenbank anchorage, waiting for a free berth in Flushing. No new voyage yet, but I guess discharging will take a day or 2
It's the crew that makes the difference

larsdehaan

« Reply #24631 on: June 17, 2013, 11:21:39 »

Sure beats waiting at the airport! We are now at the Steenbank anchorage, waiting for a free berth in Flushing. No new voyage yet, but I guess discharging will take a day or 2
Flushing? Where's that?

JoMach

• Dutch Moderator
« Reply #24632 on: June 17, 2013, 11:26:46 »

Flushing? Where's that?
Vlissingen ;D

larsdehaan

« Reply #24633 on: June 17, 2013, 11:56:26 »

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #24634 on: June 17, 2013, 17:49:29 »

but I guess discharging will take a day or 2

That's my kind of cargo.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #24635 on: June 18, 2013, 20:18:51 »

Apple's latest gadget:

To express a certain opinion of mine. I'm bored sometimes I know.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 20:22:16 by Mr Robville »

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #24636 on: June 18, 2013, 20:38:23 »

Seeing that it's Apple, everyone would buy it and say how "innovative" it is. You know what's more innovative than the iPhony? The human brain and nervous system! Eyesight has the best definition of all time (unless of course you need the "glasses app").

But really, if Apple does actually make something along the lines of that so you won't have to look up, this will be my reaction:

Today's weather:

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #24637 on: June 18, 2013, 21:55:31 »

I've seen the next iphone (not gonna tell you how) and its real good! There not sure to release one before this line like the iPhone 4S or to go with complete change.
And that's as much info your gonna get  :doh:
Captain Cadet

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #24638 on: June 19, 2013, 01:37:49 »

Let me guess: it's thinner, right? :doh:

I honestly have no idea why someone would want their electronics so thin.
Today's weather:

dexter7

• Forum member
« Reply #24639 on: June 19, 2013, 02:38:11 »

To make them easier to break so more money goes to apple for fixing them.
My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #24640 on: June 19, 2013, 04:04:29 »

Exactly! Like how Cheez-itz packages their best flavor, white cheddar, in smaller boxes so you have to buy more when you're finished!

It would be nice if corporations cared more about product quality and customer happiness than money.
Today's weather:

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #24641 on: June 19, 2013, 04:15:10 »

It would also be nice if pigs could fly.. ;)

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #24642 on: June 19, 2013, 05:28:27 »

:doh:

Today's weather:

pomperek

• Forum member
« Reply #24643 on: June 19, 2013, 07:20:46 »

I wonder if in pig heaven is better ...
 ???
Successful 2014  for all  :-)

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #24644 on: June 19, 2013, 07:26:33 »

Seeing that it's Apple, everyone would buy it and say how "innovative" it is. You know what's more innovative than the iPhony? The human brain and nervous system! Eyesight has the best definition of all time (unless of course you need the "glasses app").

But really, if Apple does actually make something along the lines of that so you won't have to look up, this will be my reaction:

Same to me, there would be no hope left for humanity.
If Apple somehow notices this image and uses it for their next model, I'm not sure if I would be laughing myself to death because of the stupidity or crying for missing the billions of dollars they would earn with such product.

Kinda like "how awesome would it be if there was some sort of device that would attach a keyboard to your TABLET... wait! wait! wait!! it gets better! AND THEN WHEN THE KEYBOARD IS ATTACHED YOU CAN FOLD THE PAIR CLOSED FOR WHEN YOU TAKE IT WITH YOU!!!! YEAH LETS BUILD THAT!!!"  GE-NI-US!!

Huh? laptops? nah that's too cheap/mainstream/old/basic/unpopular/anno 2010/<Insert (unfortunate) common hyped hipster response here>

I posted this image on my Facebook account. It remains ignored. My guess is that I insulted people who saw my image while they were walking on the street at the very moment.  :doh:

Smartphones... argh...

I bumped into a potential customer yesterday on the street... She wouldn't even bother pointing her eyes forward once!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:39:32 by Mr Robville »

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #24645 on: June 19, 2013, 09:18:56 »

As i said I'm not giving any more information out :P
Same to me, there would be no hope left for humanity.
If Apple somehow notices this image and uses it for their next model, I'm not sure if I would be laughing myself to death because of the stupidity or crying for missing the billions of dollars they would earn with such product.

Kinda like "how awesome would it be if there was some sort of device that would attach a keyboard to your TABLET... wait! wait! wait!! it gets better! AND THEN WHEN THE KEYBOARD IS ATTACHED YOU CAN FOLD THE PAIR CLOSED FOR WHEN YOU TAKE IT WITH YOU!!!! YEAH LETS BUILD THAT!!!"  GE-NI-US!!

Huh? laptops? nah that's too cheap/mainstream/old/basic/unpopular/anno 2010/<Insert (unfortunate) common hyped hipster response here>

I posted this image on my Facebook account. It remains ignored. My guess is that I insulted people who saw my image while they were walking on the street at the very moment.  :doh:

Smartphones... argh...

I bumped into a potential customer yesterday on the street... She wouldn't even bother pointing her eyes forward once!
I know someone who cracked their phone by walking into a lamp post from texting  :doh:
Captain Cadet

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #24646 on: June 19, 2013, 09:42:37 »

Haha, I'm sure it's happening a thousand times at this very moment.  :doh:
There are litteraly not enough words to describe the brain-deadness and idioticness of these social zombies.
It might sound harsh but It's hard for me to feel sorry whenever I hear a person got hit by a car because he/she was texting while crossing the road. Don't Do That! Period! If they refuse to behave like normal human beings and refuse to learn to use those two spheres in their skull, they must learn it the hard way.

I mean every single day I experience multiple people just 'throwing' themselves in front of everything, not caring whether or not it's safe or dangerous. They walk diagonally, they cut your path, and they never show the courtesy of acknowledging their rude yet dangerous behaviour. They expect the world to watch out for them instead of the true opposite.

And when google glasses come out.... we're done..

I was at the Cinema a while back. My view looked similar to this:

Seriously, why do those people bother going there in the first place if all they do is texting? If my rage and disbelief could be tapped into a usable energy source it could provide enough power to run an industrial zone the size of Holland for the next 10 decades.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 09:46:32 by Mr Robville »

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #24647 on: June 19, 2013, 11:43:13 »

Someone infront of me brought a flipping ipad into the cinema and it was on full brightness and he was playing some game or other - farm vile I think it was. And the only was he stopped was when the manager threatened to kick him out as someone complained.
Captain Cadet

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #24648 on: June 19, 2013, 11:50:13 »

I simply cannot understand what went wrong when such person was being raised... Manners? what's that?
I imagine those people standing at a funeral of a relative with their Ipad. When the person has to speech, his response: ........wait, hold on.......OMG i know that girl....*like*......Come again?

In my case, the girl is lucky my friend had a lot more patience with such things than I and politely asked her to stop.
her response "meh.. whatever" (Arrogance level 2 unlocked). She did put the brainwasher phone away though. I was on the verge op emptying my popcorn bucket all over her. But saner mind prevailed and reminded me that I would be the one flying out if I did that instead of her.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 11:52:50 by Mr Robville »

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #24649 on: June 19, 2013, 12:54:00 »

I simply cannot understand what went wrong when such person was being raised... Manners? what's that?
I imagine those people standing at a funeral of a relative with their Ipad. When the person has to speech, his response: ........wait, hold on.......OMG i know that girl....*like*......Come again?

In my case, the girl is lucky my friend had a lot more patience with such things than I and politely asked her to stop.
her response "meh.. whatever" (Arrogance level 2 unlocked). She did put the brainwasher phone away though. I was on the verge op emptying my popcorn bucket all over her. But saner mind prevailed and reminded me that I would be the one flying out if I did that instead of her.
I'm not innocent myself!
In the school esterfod I was in change or keeping the scores and displaying the scores and during a solo I decided to play angry birds on my ipad and I forgot it was plugged into 3 projectors infront of everybody.  :doh:
Captain Cadet
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 1027   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines