Hello Guest May 17, 2024, 01:43:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grid  (Read 741 times)

PT boater

• Forum member
Grid
« on: March 08, 2010, 17:03:18 »

On videos and pictures i see, well, real water. All blue and the ships leave wakes. But when i play you don't see wakes, or even water. It is just a white grid. Also there is no grass, or greenery on the places supposed to me land. Do i need like a patch or something? Or is it just my computer?

Sorry if this has been asked all ready. :)

thom301

• Forum member
Re: Grid
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 17:07:49 »

hi,

this is probably because your pc specifications are'nt high enough to play ship simulator.

You could try to set the graphics of shipsim lower

thom

PT boater

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 17:16:19 »

I set it to low, but it just made the grid larger and you can't see ANY land. Thanks anyway though. :)

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 17:30:41 »

Hi PT boater,

Welcome to the forum.
First, you need to register your serial key in your profile to have access to the Technical support board.
After you are registered, I’ll move this topic there.

You will also need to post your DxDiag here so we can see if your computer is able to run SS 2008.
Your dxdiag can be obtained by following these instructions:

Click Start > Run. type in dxdiag and press Enter.  You may see a popup asking about WHQL drivers, click Yes/Ok to proceed.

In the window that appears, click the button that says Save All Information, when the Save Dialog box appears, save the file to your desktop.  To upload the file here, click Additional Options underneath the reply area and choose Browse near Attach.  Browse to your desktop, click the file and click Open.

*  Windows Vista users need to press the Windows Key + R to access the Run prompt.

You can then post your reply with the file attached.

Regards,
Marty
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines