Hello Guest May 02, 2024, 22:11:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Towing  (Read 2076 times)

besse700

• Forum member
Towing
« on: September 06, 2010, 10:36:57 »

Hello,

I'm a new ship simulator extreme user  :captain:, and I have to say this is a nice game.
I just started the campaign in Hamburg and the first missions you have to tow other ships.

Normally the tug is assisting the other vessel for manoevring. The first two missions you can only tow the vessels. It would be more realistic if you can also control the "towed" vessel.

I also hope there can be some buoys in the harbour especially near shallow water. Because there are no depth lines in the chart.

But for now I have to say you made a nice game.

Remco

Sgt. Dutchy

• Forum member
Re: Towing
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 12:11:45 »

i don't know exactly what mission you are in...
but the ship not being controllable is probably part of the story that's in the mission.
so lets say... a ship is broken and needs to be towed back to a dry dock...
I has 2 sse keys, one from steam and one from vstep

Stingray15

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 16:28:24 »

I also agree on this. I have at least a couple of missions. Like the one where the Ocean Prince is to be towed in to port when i awaits just outside, you can only use the rudder, wich is not all to realistic.
Same with the mission where you have to tow the Vermaas out to sea from southampton. I would think that they had gotten the engines up and running before leaving or entering port :P

Heikodewal

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 18:37:53 »

When a big vessel enters or exits a harbour she needs one or two tugboats to make up for a shortage on manouverability. No captain will do this with shut down engines. So the most missiions in SSE are not realistic because vessels has to enter or leave a harbour with just one tugboat and nothing else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines