Hello Guest May 04, 2024, 12:16:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D Modelling Program?  (Read 4195 times)

Orinoco

• Forum member
3D Modelling Program?
« on: July 12, 2007, 11:41:14 »

Greetings all,

Can someone give me an indication of what 3D modelling program would be best to use for making ships for SS2008 (if they're allowing it this time)?

J3nsen

• Forum member
Re: 3D Modelling Program?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 11:48:15 »

3D studio max!  :o I just really hard to understand that program! xD

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 12:58:56 »

3D studio max!  :o I just really hard to understand that program! xD

And it can become really simple too :P ;D

shipfan55

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 15:15:57 »

just use google sketchup beta 6 an dthen oce you perfected your model transfer it to blender or 3ds max or sometin like dat.i have put an attachment up for download of my best ship using my friends company name.DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE THIS WATERCRAFT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 15:36:11 »

i can work with

3d studio max
cinema 4d
google sketchup pro
zmodeler
 ;D
i am creating my own titanic in a modification for the game mafia with inspiration of the shipsim's model  :P

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 16:50:01 »

And it can become really simple too :P ;D

Sure? Im not understand that program! Mabye im NOOB! :D xD

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 23:18:01 »

Sure? Im not understand that program! Mabye im NOOB! :D xD

Yeah I know. I started the hard way to and was spending over 14 days just to create a sucessfull bow of a cruise ship.
That was painful learning and hard work. If you use the Hep resource in 3ds Max and take some time to read something and start with simple stuff like building a house, a cube castle, or something really simple then you make a foundation for the next steps. ;)

Here are some books:

http://www.idgbooks.no/index.php?cPath=25_82

Bunch of tutorials:

http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/3DS-MAX/1

(I have not found a Norwegian book about 3ds Max yet.. :P)

shipfan55

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 05:08:02 »

try gmax for a challenge![/quote]

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 05:36:01 »

just use google sketchup beta 6 an dthen oce you perfected your model transfer it to blender or 3ds max or sometin like dat.i have put an attachment up for download of my best ship using my friends company name.DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE THIS WATERCRAFT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
Greetings,
There is nothing wrong with your vessel,i'm sure you have to learn it better to,it's just the same with me.
As your first steps into 3-D,i like your creation,just dont give up trying to get better and beter.
Good job!!!
Regards
Marc
N

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 05:41:20 »

Yeah I know. I started the hard way to and was spending over 14 days just to create a sucessfull bow of a cruise ship.
That was painful learning and hard work. If you use the Hep resource in 3ds Max and take some time to read something and start with simple stuff like building a house, a cube castle, or something really simple then you make a foundation for the next steps. ;)

Here are some books:

http://www.idgbooks.no/index.php?cPath=25_82

Bunch of tutorials:

http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/3DS-MAX/1

(I have not found a Norwegian book about 3ds Max yet.. :P)

Greetings JHB,
Yes,i think you're right about the learning process,first try the easy things,so that you can learn the toolbar of the program.Thats why i started with sketch-up,just to learn.
I will buy 3-D max,if i'm getting better in this matter.I enjoy it very much.
Thanks for the info on those books,however my norwegian language is not so very good,but now i know that they are on the market.
Regards
Marc
N

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 09:22:38 »

We have a very few books in Norwegian language when it comes to 3ds Max. There is a mountain of books and tutorials in English if you just make a search on Google. There are plenty of video tutorials, DVD's and even online courses out there... it's just so much that to say "I cannot learn 3ds Max" doesn't make sense.
Typical common problem is that if you are going to learn something totally new for the first time we all thinks that this is so hard. So it's a matter of not giving up to early or easy. It's about fighting against yourself to make your brain such the knowledge and to give "full throttle". :D

And if you want some help I recommend websites like http://www.cgsociety.org/ which is the absolutely largest place on Earth where all kinds of 3D modelers and CG artists come together. Just to make a search in their forum may give you a lot of answers to your problems. Sketshup wasn't so much available when I started to learn 3D modeling, so I started with GMAX and made my first and last add-on for Flight Simulator. After that I did discover Virtual Sailor and that's how it started. 8)

I recommend GMAX before you start to use 3ds Max since GMAX only have the basic tools you need while 3ds Max is the "big brother" and contain features that you probably never will use. Gmax is also totally free in opposite to 3ds Max which is very expensive. ;)

References:

www.autodesk.com/3dsmax
http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 09:44:45 »

Greetings,
As far as i know,Gmax is no longer free,i've tryed and they gave me just a trial of 30 day's.It was free in the past,but is no longer.
So,when i ever buy  the 3D max,maybe i can get some help from fellow-members.Untill now,i have not realy the experience,that it's worth to buy this program,but i will in the future.
Thanks for all the info!
Regards
Marc
N
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines