Hello Guest May 02, 2024, 09:26:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Graphism  (Read 22539 times)

Eskimo

• Forum member
Re: Graphism
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 12:40:02 »

Danmark to england . with plane take 1 hour.  so when he where going home he just drop by the shop and buy the game on the way to the plan . what is wrong with that ?

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 12:41:08 »

Did I say there was something wrong ?

I just said it was very fast.

Whats makes you think something might be wrong ?

Eskimo

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010, 12:44:00 »

dunno . it was just like you where going to say i dont have buy the game and download it at the internet as a copy . so that was makeing me say what i say . but this is not the topic for that. mail me at the forum if you have somethink

john2412

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 12:49:39 »

I tried the 2008 version and 2006 version, and although good fun they felt too artificial in the graphics. I saw the trailers and images for this one, accepting that individual performances would vary, and decided to preorder and am not disappointed at all.  I do have a windows 7 Professional, quad core processor , 8gb RAM and ATI Radeon HD 5450 with 4gb graphics memory system so it's a higher end system I guess and can tell that on older / lesser systems it would struggle at max levels. But I am pleasantly surprised at this versions graphics in all areas.

John

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 12:55:39 »

I don't see any problem with the graphic  her are on screen shot from mine SSE POR living Bora Bore, and were do your find PHI PHI in shipsim Extreme? the ocean graphic are good, the best ever in shipsim history

Have to say those graphics are pretty crap compared to the screenshots they advertise with.

svache

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2010, 13:00:09 »

Have to say those graphics are pretty crap compared to the screenshots they advertise with.
I have to agree with you... the screenshots looked way better than what you see in game.

And no, my system is not old, slow or uses lower settings.. There is an absolute difference between the screenshots that I saw when I (pre) bought the game and what I actually see in the game. I just saw the latest in-game videos (some topic in this forum) from August 20, and what I see there is actually the same quality of what I see, and, to be honest, if I knew it would be like that, I might not have bought it right away but would probably have waited until the price dropped.

I agree when one says the looks game has improved, because that it did indeed. But I am kind of disappointed that I can not go to the same quality as the screenshots are that was originally advertised with (and what basically made me buy it).

Also, I just read on the previous page that they might have lowered because of the performance, but I would've liked to decide on that myself... if the performance would not be ok when getting those graphics, that would be another thing, but now there is no way of getting them and that is kind of false advertising.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 13:02:20 by svache »

Biggles1975

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2010, 13:02:48 »

All those that are moaning about the graphics. If they are that bad then lets see you do better. They are better than 2008 and Vstep don't have a mega budget like some other companys. Also they have made it so it can run on as many PC's as possable. I'm sure they could of made the graphics alot better but then you'll all be moaning that your computers can't run it without having to spend alot of money.

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2010, 13:07:20 »

All those that are moaning about the graphics. If they are that bad then lets see you do better. They are better than 2008 and Vstep don't have a mega budget like some other companys. Also they have made it so it can run on as many PC's as possable. I'm sure they could of made the graphics alot better but then you'll all be moaning that your computers can't run it without having to spend alot of money.

Seriously , **** about "lets see you do better" we arent the programmers we are the customers.
Vstep advertised with certain graphics and clearly people arent getting the game that they advertised with.
And yes they dont have a mega budget only that doesnt give them a reason to go and rip off people like this.
And no people wont moan about having slow computers the recommended specs for this game were released months ago.

Edited for language - Fred
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 05:55:30 by Mad_Fred »

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2010, 13:11:07 »

Vstep don't have a mega budget like some other companys.
They will have, now that people have spent money on a game that to some people 'fails to deliver'.

I think everyone is disappointed, heck, im even somewhat disappointed, but moaning and shouting isn't going to solve anything - just get the topic locked and a ban ;)
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

svache

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2010, 13:13:20 »

You miss the point..

they advertised with this:

so that means the game was originally capable of showing these kinds of images. However, now that the game is released, it turns out that we are not able to get these images. If you look at the in-game videos they posted a few days ago, you can already see a difference, just look at the water at the bow, for example.

Like I already said, the game looks a lot better than the 06 and 08 versions, that's not the issue. The issue is that we are unable to get the same kind of graphics as they first advertised with, even if we would have million dollar computers.

All I'm saying is that they should've given us the possibility to that quality... if my computer would not be able to display that, then that would've been completely different and my own responsibility.

@Lasanviking: Why should people get a ban for giving their opinions? It is not like we're swearing or anything. Displeased but paying customers are not allowed to get their voice out according to you?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 13:17:36 by svache »

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2010, 13:20:44 »

Snif i want wake and bow waves.  :C :'( :( Question : isn't it illegal to put false images on shipsim homepage ??? If i see the graphism and all were like that badder than the pictures i won't have buy the game. Vstep do that because then everybody buy it and it's illegal. Or there have to write somewhere : "That pictures may not be the veritable graphic of the game when it will be released" Someone (we don't who  ::)) can complaint...

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2010, 13:21:27 »

And they still advertise with those graphics even after they reduced the graphics on it.

http://www.shipsim.com/products/shipsimulatorextremes

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2010, 13:22:08 »

Yes illegal. I take pictures. I have donate 38€...

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2010, 13:25:01 »

@Lasanviking: Why should people get a ban for giving their opinions? It is not like we're swearing or anything. Displeased but paying customers are not allowed to get their voice out according to you?
I dont have the issue with voice opinions, but i can see this topic getting locked and more radical members getting banned, to prevent VSTEP getting bad press.

That doesn't mean to say i disagree with what you all are saying

A select few already know how I feel about it all anyway.
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2010, 13:26:59 »

Locking topics like this would probably the worst thing they can do.
Then people simply can go and ask for a refund since they didnt get the game the company told them they would get.

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2010, 13:28:25 »

I dont have the issue with voice opinions, but i can see this topic getting locked and more radical members getting banned, to prevent VSTEP getting bad press.

That doesn't mean to say i disagree with what you all are saying

A select few already know how I feel about it all anyway.
That normal bad press if the customer are not happy they can. If VStep have bad press it will bee good because it will oblige them to improve the game like on the pictures to have more than 1 customer.

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2010, 13:55:13 »

Wow this game looks awful.
Sorry guys  :'(

The game is buggy as hell.
Sometimes the sound of the ship disappears.
The game is not running smooth, even with low settings.
Water effects are from Ship Simulator 2008.
The graphics are also from SS2008.
I've tested this with the highest quality options available.

Sorry, this just isn't it. I'm going back to Ship Simulator 2008. :-\

Quadcore 6600 2,4 GHz
4GB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
2x XFX 250GTS 1GB DDR3 (Sli enabled)
Win 7 x64
If it sinks, you need to fix it ;)

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2010, 13:58:53 »

Niels,

if you have technical support request needs - and you probably need, if Extremes looks like ss2008 on your computer - would you please register your licence key on your profile, and post your request on the technical support section ? thanks in advance !

regards,

Denis

Daisai

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2010, 14:04:32 »

And ss2008 wasnt full of bugs?
I bought it anyway hoping that indeed all the complains about the graphics are just problems with other people their computers and not vstep ripping people off by false advertisment.

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2010, 14:13:17 »

Everybody is disappointed we all were thinking at a brilliant game very realist with bow waves and wake in 3D but it is not. I'm extremly disappointed, i esper it will be fix and improve by the future(specialy graphism of objects like iceberg, waves wake, and bow waves).

In fact it is a perfect game he just need graphism. Just a detail. Its silly just for that it have bad comment.

Biggles1975

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2010, 14:13:52 »

If's it's that bad can you not send it back and ask for a refund? I'm sure thats allowed in most places. I admit my last post may of not been worded the best way. But being hostile to Vstep on here is not going to get you anywhere. I can understand why people our upset because lets face it those early screenshots were stunning and I brought this game afher seeing them and then you look at what you have now there's quite a differance. Vstep may of shot themselfs in the foot doing this because they have shown the game can be so much better than what is released. But Fred has said why this was done and we'll just have to live with that or as I said return the game for those who have brought the box i'm not sure how that works for downloads.

It is a shame Vstep won't let this sim go down the same roads as other sims and let 3rd partys make content such as ports, improve the graphics etc etc. I know they won't allow ships and again we'll have to live with that. Even though I'm sure if 3rd partys could make ships for the game we could see major advances just like add on aircraft in FS are alot more advanced than default. Lets hope Vstep will one day allow 3rd partys to help make this game better.

I'm going to keep my copy of this game to show my support and hope one day it'll become the great sim we all want. :captain:

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2010, 14:16:48 »

Niels,

if you have technical support request needs - and you probably need, if Extremes looks like ss2008 on your computer - would you please register your licence key on your profile, and post your request on the technical support section ? thanks in advance !

regards,

Denis

No, I'm not going to do any of that because I don't have any technical problems. And if so, how is the technical support going to help me make this game look better if it the same game and the same files as all of you people have... ::)
I'm just saying that this new extremes game isn't much upgraded.
The bow splash comes right out of SS2008, I had expected more realistic waves and splashes, seen on the so called ''in-game screens''.

My expectations were much higher than the result, due to some misleading screenshots.
If it sinks, you need to fix it ;)

dday

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2010, 14:17:51 »

.....Although my game han't arrived as yet, I will reserve judgement until it does. I see many of you are having issues, which one will admit sounds very disheartening so I would like to thank you all for your opinions even though most of them seem rather negative and are starting to get me down. I have read that Vstep have stepped down the quality of the graphics in preference to higher frame rates, I do hope this is not really the case and if so they release an optional patch (for those of us that do have machines that are capable of running it) to increase it to its previous state and to the same quality that we have been seeing in their screenshots. It does state that they are in game screenshots, so we should be given the product as advertised or it should state "not actual footage". It would be nice to at least give us the option to choose graphics versus frame rates.
      Although not a "serious" gamer myself I do have the previous versions of Ship Sim and have been looking forward to Ship sim extremes for a long time. So much so that I have recently treat myself to a new £4k Alienware pc to celebrate its release. It is extremely high end and one would expect it to run anything that can be thrown at it. So please Vstep do not disappoint me.
It would be rather nice to read some positive feedback ....please, somebody must have some. Vstep have been working very hard the past few years on this project so there has to be some. Remember most games have issues on their first release and I'm sure Frank and the rest of Vstep are paying attention and taking notes. Game patches are a marvellous thing..... ;)

Frank_VSTEP

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2010, 14:26:54 »

If we want to mislead people, we would not have posted videos.
You have seen the official videos I assume: http://www.shipsim.com/media/trailers

The feedback we got was very positive, so it is a pity that a few are dissapointed, but everybody is entitled to their opinion. If your system does not have similar graphics than the videos however, then it is because you haven't configured the graphics settings correctly. If you however feel the videos have bad graphics, and the best ocean system that is available in the current game industry is still not satisfying you, then indeed you will be dissapointed.

But from the many positive feedback mails I'm getting, I guess you won't be.

dday

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2010, 14:38:32 »

Finally a positive Comment...... Even if it was from Frank & Vstep. Thank you Frank. Having viewed the game trailers constantly in anticipation of the games release I can see that I shouldn't have anything to be concerned about. The trailers do look amazing and I for one shouldn't have a problem. From the official trailers I can safely say well done to you all, you have done a great job. We aren't all children here so should be able to configure our systems to suit and I'm sure I will love the game...... now where is that damn postman  :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines