Hello Guest May 17, 2024, 17:05:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Screen resolution issues  (Read 4461 times)

Species7

• Forum member
Screen resolution issues
« on: July 11, 2014, 17:12:44 »

I do not seem to be able to run this game in anything other than the resolution the game defaults too.

I change the resolution to 1280x720 and it says must restart for changes to take effect,So I save the changes , exit out , re-load the game and the resolution is back to 1024x768

I have tried adjusting the engine.ini file as suggested on the board but it makes no difference.

I have also tried windowed mode,but that leaves a tiny window only that can not be stretched or altered.

This issue seems to have plagued folks since 2011 LOL is there a solution?
Any help would be appreciated as being locked into an SD resolution on an HD monitor is just hideous looking

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: Screen resolution issues
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 23:21:17 »

Hi Species7,
I should not worry about what shows in the screen resolution window. My game is exactly the same, if you look at the first picture below you will see it is showing as 1024X768. but if you look at the second picture taken in game you will see it has a resolution of 1920X1080 as in fact does the first picture. Have you actually checked your resolution? You will also note that the first picture says I am running windowed, but the picture is perfectly good in both cases.

Regards,
Angus.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 11:45:11 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Species7

• Forum member
Re: Screen resolution issues
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 23:34:16 »

Thanks for checking into that for me bud.
After trying everything I could from every source I could find the issue did finally resolve itself.
Quitting out of the game did not re-set the resolution  but after adjusting the engine.ini file and rebooting my comp it is now running full screen at 1920x 1080
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines