Hello Guest May 09, 2024, 19:29:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald from a psychic's point of view  (Read 1565 times)

Capt.Cooper

• Forum member

I thought this would be worthy of posting: http://www.underworldtales.com/edmund.htm

This is a story of a psychic "visiting" the wreck. For those of you that don't know, or havent heard, the Edmund Fitzgerald was a great lakes freighter that sunk on Lake Superior (USA) on November 10, 1975 with all hands lost. Gordon Lightfoot recorded a song about the wreck & it has become a legend.
The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee
The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead
When the skies of November turn gloomy.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
Re: The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald from a psychic's point of view
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 20:40:21 »

Is this open to ripping apart as the usual sort of psychic hogwash that we've all come to expect from people like this? (no offence to Mr Cooper, I mean the author)...

Right, lets start...

Basically, an expert has said this class of ship had a weak point. Dive teams have confirmed that it did split at the weak point... and a pshychic says "ooooh... That's EXACTLY what the spirits told me."

So no surprise that at the bottom of the site:

Disclaimer: this section is meant for entertainment only! We take no responsibility for reader reactions to Ms. Marie Saint Claire's readings or advice. We advise our readers to accept all information provided herein as purely fictional.
(this is a legal requirement in some countries that have outlawed such practices being described as real (which is the state interfering which I disagree with anyway- people have the right to believe rubbish if they wish))

I hope the families of the deceased are not offended by it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 20:49:02 by Stuart2007 »
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Capt.Cooper

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 20:47:21 »

Is this open to ripping apart as the usual sort of psychic hogwash that we've all come to expect from people like this? (no offence to Mr Cooper, I mean the author)...

Right, lets start...

1) The author is saying things that can not be proven or disproven.
2) Generalised statements
3) A witness says there is a weak point on the ship type.... the specific ship broke at that point... and a psychic concludes based on some mystic rubbish exactly the same thing coincidene of course???

I'm sure everyone appreciates the insight into someone elses opinions of this, but this is mystic hogwash. No offence to anyone who actually believes in this cheap entertainment. I hope the relatives of the deceased do not get offended by this.

I agree, complete hogwash. I know several of the surviving family members, not sure if they have ever read this, but I don't intend to show them.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 20:51:13 »

Mr Cooper, as long as you know I wasn't criticising you for posting it. It was still interesting to read the factual parts.

You must have quoted me about the same time as I amended my post 1 and deleted post 2, as they could in fairness have offended. But it is fine to leave the quote as it is now. :)

The great lakes are quite fascinating really... I didn't appreciate hwo big they were until I looked on a map once. I thought they seemed quite big ships for landlocked water- but as this storm demonstrates, they are like seas anyway.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Capt.Cooper

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 20:56:12 »

Mr Cooper, as long as you know I wasn't criticising you for posting it. It was still interesting to read the factual parts.

You must have quoted me about the same time as I amended my post 1 and deleted post 2, as they could in fairness have offended. But it is fine to leave the quote as it is now. :)

The great lakes are quite fascinating really... I didn't appreciate hwo big they were until I looked on a map once. I thought they seemed quite big ships for landlocked water- but as this storm demonstrates, they are like seas anyway.

Not at all Stuart, I knew you weren't criticizing me. I share your views. Lake Superior is nearly at my doorstep. My great uncle was a ship captain on the great lakes.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 21:02:07 »

Total surface area is probably about the same as Britan or thereabouts...

That is a lot of water. Perhaps I will put that on my 'must visit before 2012!  :)

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 22:13:46 »

Total surface area is probably about the same as Britan or thereabouts...

That is a lot of water. Perhaps I will put that on my 'must visit before 2012!  :)

Or Must Visit Before SSE!
Almost never here, try here.

Capt.Cooper

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 00:10:51 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLEyozJA_Hk This is a video of Captain Paqutte of another ship in the same storm explaining what he thinks happened.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines