Hello Guest May 07, 2024, 17:45:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Swearing on the forum.  (Read 4013 times)

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Swearing on the forum.
« on: August 30, 2010, 22:47:15 »

There has been a great deal of swearing and bad language of late. I would like to point out a couple of things which I hope will be taken note of.
Firstly, "The absence of swearing NEVER offends anyone." :o
Secondly, People who can only express themselves by using foul language are not only extremely rude, but also very ignorant. :police:
Please try to be a little more circumspect and make constructive criticism using decent language, remembering that there are young people using the forum as well as yourselves. :(

Traddles.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
Re: Swearing on the forum.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 22:49:31 »

Yes I am in agreement with Traddles, I have also edited a number of posts by members who believe using this sort of language is acceptable.

Please guys, keep the language to yourself and don't post it publicly on the forums :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 22:52:12 »

They all say you should learn more languages, its useful, then when you do, they don't like it! :P

matt5674

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 22:54:38 »

I totally agree with Traddles. Swearing is very not allowed. Forums are meant to be clean and friendly environments.

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 22:55:54 »

TMAN was the top offender  :angel:
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

cptnchris

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 23:00:38 »

I think the swearing has increased a bit too, good reminder thread  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 23:16:25 by cptnchris »

david payne

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 23:04:26 »

I think the swearing has icnreased a bit too, good reminder thread  :thumbs:

yes im the same ! just lost my nut a bit eirlier so sorry if i ofended any one  :-[  :thumbs:

blackhawks41

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 23:45:03 »

I think swearing is a really good way to blow off steam. However this is in certain situations and certain company only. If the rules on the forum say no swearing, well then dont swear. Its nobodies right to be part of the forum, it is a privilege. I guess the best way to put it is, When you go to play in someone else's house you play by their rules  :lol:

SirXpression

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 01:38:03 »

I have to say that I agree ...

If you are not "fluent" enough to say what you want to say ... resorting to swearing is one way to show just how "uneducated" you are.  Plus the fact that it proves that you aren't creative enough to come up with another way of saying what you want.

If you want a constructive way to stop swearing, as bad as this sounds; it does actually work, READ A BOOK! ... find an author you like ... get his/her series ... read them ... it will improve your grammar, spelling, punctuation and a lot more besides. 

My method of not swearing is the fact that I don't have to ... I have a website/blog ... where I can swear all I please (I don't do it very often, I hasten to add) ... but that's not the point here.

Swearing is ignorant, arrogant and rude ... nevermind the fact that it shows a lack of general intelligence (yes I know ignorant means lack of intelligence ... but that was for the easily confused)

Regards
X
That Damn Scotsman

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 08:15:26 »

Hoy,
This is one of the basic guidelines if you want to be on this forum.
We allways will delete bad language or swearing!!!!!
If you do,well look at it this way,when we have to modify that post,we cannot answer maybe a very importent question maybe.We loos alot of time.
We can better put the time in some more importent matters.
Marc
N

huang yu po peter

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 11:16:28 »

You can swear when you sink your ship in SSE, but not here on the forums!

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 13:37:50 »

To me it shows a much more intelligent and intellectual person, if he/she can get their point across and make a valid 'argument' without having to use profanity...I personally do not even bother reading posts that start with things like "dis gme is &"%$£" etc.

I can understand that lately people have become slightly irritated and annoyed by a few things...but I got my point across, as did others, without having to swear...

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 13:45:36 »

I couldn't agree more.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 14:51:06 »

Just a small Add-On:
When you use foul language and think you can get away with it by censoring it yourself like striking through or replacing some letters with non alphabethical keys like the asterix (*) or the at key (@) or what so ever key........ Forget It! You are still using that same kind'a language.
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 14:59:04 »

Yep,even when you use (******),or any other chozen caracter.
Well the intention is there,and thats for us the save as writing it.There is no need to do that,you get even faster some answers to your questions.
Marc
N
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines