Hello Guest May 13, 2024, 01:04:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why release a game that is not completed  (Read 2910 times)

dannyb12

• Forum member
Why release a game that is not completed
« on: July 17, 2007, 16:38:07 »

Wouldn't it have been a better idea to completley develop ship sim 2008 before putting it on sale. I have plenty of bugs as follows:

throttles and rudders auto reset when releasing arrow keys, it would be better to have a few different systems of control ie full or in increments

mooring lines not working properly

the feature on leaving a harbour asking which environment you want next doesn't work

how do you save??

Missions and vessels from 2006 should be integrated within this game.

however on the whole pretty good, but I cant see it taking to long to get bored with it, as ship sim 2006 was.

regards
danny

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: Why release a game that is not completed
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 16:40:34 »

Wouldn't it have been a better idea to completley develop ship sim 2008 before putting it on sale. I have plenty of bugs as follows:

throttles and rudders auto reset when releasing arrow keys, it would be better to have a few different systems of control ie full or in increments

the feature on leaving a harbour asking which environment you want next doesn't work

how do you save??

however on the whole pretty good, but I cant see it taking to long to get bored with it, as ship sim 2006 was.

regards
danny
Some of your questions are in the announcments forum already. (new features)

Also, thereis already a topic on this.

Regards,
Shipaddict

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 17:06:00 »

this topic already exist ;)
and saving was already told that it would be placed in the patches, it is not a bug ;)
and resetting controls, is fine on the one side, llike: when you made a turn and you have to quick reset your controlls you just have to tip on one of the keys and it is reset, on the other side if you want to make a turn for a while, you have to steer it with your mouse, but it is not neccesairy in my eyes to change that :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 17:08:47 by mr robville »

UUUUUHHHHHH

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 17:06:29 »

well its better than not having anything while u wait another month for the complete game. So I have nothing against it being incomplete. Either way, u'll get the full version once its available.
Ich hasse dich.

Maik

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 19:31:46 »

Why is everybody wining about these things. Yes we can't save and yes 2006 ships arn't in the game. Wait a month and you can save. Wait a little bit longer and you can sail in the ships of 2006.

Patience is everything ;)

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 19:33:36 »

Why is everybody wining about these things. Yes we can't save and yes 2006 ships arn't in the game. Wait a month and you can save. Wait a little bit longer and you can sail in the ships of 2006.

Patience is everything ;)

Yes. Me and i'm sure a lot of others are very happy with the game.

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 19:48:31 »

how do you save??

Hello dannyb12!

Most of you questions are already answered on the forum.

You can use the right shift key together with the arrow keys to keep the throttle you want.
The save function will be available in a patch later this year.
As far as I know it has never been posible to leave a harbour and then chose a environment so this is probably why you think it does not work.

Please post you feature requests and suggestions here:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,4.0.html

As stated, there is a similar topic where the early release is discussed:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,948.0/topicseen.html

Topic closed.

Regards
groennegaard
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines