Hello Guest May 05, 2024, 14:23:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: New vessels & environments  (Read 19526 times)

mvsmith

Re: New vessels & environments
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2008, 09:25:05 »

Nathan is right about the effort involved in environments. Sydney and part of Antarctica are scheduled for SS 2009. It is quite possible that there may not be any new environments for SS 2008.

wisemenkom

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2008, 17:44:32 »

Sydney and Antarctica. That's good news even if it won't be available until next year.
L. Davis

jibemorel

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2008, 22:40:43 »

Hello everebody, still not understanding such critism again VSTEP.
The simulator not matching your expectation ? Don't buy it and try to find another ship simulator (yes there is a few).
The simulator is still not very accurate ? Ok VSTEP is a small company. That's why i bought all products (including add-ons) to support them.
Your bank account is low or you don't want to buy it ? Maybe you can help them by sending ship's pilot cards or sea trials reports or other materials instead of unconstructive critism.
Do that and i bet the next SS 20XX will be better so far. 

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2008, 00:05:46 »

jibemorel, i dont really think your first post as a new member was very polite, but thats just me. But, yes people, you gotta be patient, u have to give them time to think, to model and to test and add. You can't just say that, hey we want this, and have it the next day! Patience people, all about patience, i've been waiting forever for QM2, but i not really complaining, i'd model it myself, but im not good enough for her yet!
Thanx
Kapn Jonah
Regards,
Jonah

TerryRussell

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2008, 00:54:25 »

Hi jibemorel, and welcome to the forum.

As you may find out, I am the only (in)sane Moderator around here. You'll find that no matter what opinion you express, some forum members will agree and some will disagree. Some will disagree while they agree with you (see above). In most cases, I will try to lighten the mood, although from time to time I may jump in with stern words. (That's a sort of shipping joke. "Stern".....)

Here are some links that you may find useful:

The Help Page.  To assist you with forum posting, and the more advanced features on the forum -
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php?action=help

The Forum Rules.  To help you make informed decisions regarding posting - http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,26.0.html

The Search function.  A very useful tool to help you find the answer to that elusive question -
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php?action=search

The Tutorials board.  Check here for guides that cover common questions -
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,35.0.html

The Technical Support board/s.  Got a problem with your game?  This is where you need to check first.

Ship Simulator 2006 Technical Support -
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,9.0.html

Ship Simulator 2008 Technical Support -
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,5.0.html

* Please note:  To access Technical Support, you will need to register your Ship Simulator licence key into your forum profile.  If you're not sure how to do this, please check the General FAQ's.

The FAQ's and Announcements board.  Check here for answers to commonly asked questions.  Also a useful source for the latest information regarding Ship Simulator development - http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/board,1.0.html

jibemorel

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2008, 14:24:38 »

Good afternoon TerryRussell, Kapn Jonah, all members.
Kapn Jonah : sorry if you didn't my first post unpolite (there is no personal attack against anybody tough), you're right it's my first post, altough i am not a new member since i used SS2006 and 2008 for a long time (and looking forward the next version). Just thougt that the subject of this topic was a little bit "negative" , didn't help anybody to improve the game and tried to explain my point of view.
Terry Russell : didn't want to take your job (you do it very well) and appreciate your assistance.

All the best,
Jibemorel

TerryRussell

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2008, 14:29:18 »

What? You don't want my job? Oh, damn. I was getting my hopes up....

Heh heh. Enjoy yourself here, won't you?

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2008, 14:47:14 »

What? You don't want my job? Oh, damn. I was getting my hopes up....

Heh heh. Enjoy yourself here, won't you?

Where are you today? Sonderstrom?

TerryRussell

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2008, 15:39:27 »

In transit from Ontario to London, so Greenland seems to be the most appropriate for most of the day....

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2008, 17:03:38 »

In transit from Ontario to London, so Greenland seems to be the most appropriate for most of the day....

Which airline lets you online while flying?

wisemenkom

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2008, 17:18:04 »

Good afternoon TerryRussell, Kapn Jonah, all members.
Kapn Jonah : sorry if you didn't my first post unpolite (there is no personal attack against anybody tough), you're right it's my first post, altough i am not a new member since i used SS2006 and 2008 for a long time (and looking forward the next version). Just thougt that the subject of this topic was a little bit "negative" , didn't help anybody to improve the game and tried to explain my point of view.
Terry Russell : didn't want to take your job (you do it very well) and appreciate your assistance.

All the best,
Jibemorel

If you thought this post was a little "negative" you'll find yourself spending a lot of time replying to posts all over this forum with your opinions. It may just be me but it seemed like when vstep was developing SS08 we were all kept up do date with the developments and new features that they were working on, via youtube or announcements on this forum. So far I haven't seen or heard anything about what they are working on for the shipyard or even SS09 for that matter. It would be nice to at least know what to look forward to. How else would we know if  all of the suggestions and requests we have all been asking for are even being considered.
L. Davis

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2008, 18:11:47 »

If you thought this post was a little "negative" you'll find yourself spending a lot of time replying to posts all over this forum with your opinions. It may just be me but it seemed like when vstep was developing SS08 we were all kept up do date with the developments and new features that they were working on, via youtube or announcements on this forum. So far I haven't seen or heard anything about what they are working on for the shipyard or even SS09 for that matter. It would be nice to at least know what to look forward to. How else would we know if  all of the suggestions and requests we have all been asking for are even being considered.

VStep have a fund of information on this forum of peoples' hopes and expectations for SS09 but they seem to prefer to keep people in the dark now.

Like the shipyard when there is a lot of expectation and chatter, then silence when people get bored and then lo and behold - Bingo something pops up in the shipyard.

mvsmith

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2008, 19:55:36 »

Hi Mike,
I think VSTEP have learned that any hint of the future that they give gets transformed into a promise to deliver. They then get castigated if things don’t happen when folks imagined that they should, accused of breaking promises they never made—even of lying. There is no reason for them to “keep us informed”, and many good reasons not to.
Regards,
Marty

wisemenkom

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2008, 20:03:33 »

What would we all do without mvsmith? The smartest guy on the forum. Thanks! You must have a lot of time on your hands.
L. Davis

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2008, 20:59:31 »

Hi Mike,
I think VSTEP have learned that any hint of the future that they give gets transformed into a promise to deliver. They then get castigated if things don’t happen when folks imagined that they should, accused of breaking promises they never made—even of lying. There is no reason for them to “keep us informed”, and many good reasons not to.
Regards,
Marty

Marty

That was what I was trying to imply, but you have a better way with words !!!!

Rgds

Mike

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2008, 03:28:53 »

What would we all do without mvsmith? The smartest guy on the forum. Thanks! You must have a lot of time on your hands.

That was totally uncalled for, Sir!

I think that your tone even justifies asking you to apologize to a respected member that has contributed a lot to this forum and the game.

I don't know what kind of problem you have here, but if you cannot take Mvsmith's usual spot of sarcasm here and there, I think you better ignore him alltogether and refrain from replying.

This is not the first time you have been inpolite to another person on the forum, so consider this a warning.

Thank you.

Regards,
Fred

wisemenkom

• Forum member
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2008, 03:37:37 »

Apology? I wouldn't think of such a thing. And who say's that guy is respected?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 03:43:27 by wisemenkom »
L. Davis

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2008, 03:50:12 »

Who? Well ME for a start. Obviously.

Your attitude is not very desirable, my friend. Insulting people with snide remarks is not the way to go. Just a friendly bit of advice.

Regards,
Fred

mvsmith

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2008, 04:10:05 »

That’s OK Fred. An apology from him would be without meaning. His remarks say more about him than about me.
It is unfortunate that he identified himself in my reference to fools. Now I feel a bit like the prince in “Cinderella”.
Regards,
Marty

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2008, 04:26:08 »

I guess you're right, it wouldn't mean much, Marty. Pity some people take unnecessary offence like that, oh well... 

and :D 

Fred

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2008, 10:41:43 »

To me this type of person gets me if he took the time he would
realize the 100% input that marty gives to this forum and I like
his THIS is how it is NO beating About the Bush way he calls a spade a spade
and there is nothing wrong with that.
                                                                Eric

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2008, 14:24:50 »

I see that the list of "unread post since last visit" have decreased a lot this month :D
Before I had maybe 3-5 pages of unread posts..lol. Now I usually just one page ;D

I wonder what will happen when the Christmas arrives? Maybe a 3-5 pages unread posts again :D

Yeah the activity is low....(and bright on the "other side")
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 14:27:54 by JHB »

Gamefan!

• Forum member
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2008, 13:23:19 »

Yeah he said right i guess-
Loyal Shipsim fan ;)

TerryRussell

« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2008, 16:00:18 »

To me this type of person gets me if he took the time he would
realize the 100% input that marty gives to this forum and I like
his THIS is how it is NO beating About the Bush way he calls a spade a spade
and there is nothing wrong with that.
                                                                Eric

100% agree. Marty provides a tremendous amount of input, most of which is unseen by most members of this forum.

I know that Marty is more tolerant of fools than I am ('cos he said so. He is the more diplomatic one, compared to me, or so he told me).

Gamefan!

• Forum member
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2008, 16:10:37 »

Any upcoming vessels?
Loyal Shipsim fan ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines