Hello Guest May 08, 2024, 00:03:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing vessel?????  (Read 4307 times)

Ridgewayranger

• Forum member
Missing vessel?????
« on: August 13, 2012, 17:33:05 »

HI All,
I tried to play 'Harbour Tug on Duty at Blohm and Voss' but get a message that I don't have one of the vessels.
I have SS2008 Collectors Edition plus all of the  free downloads. Please don't tell me it's one I have to buy. I had to do that with SSE but at least the DLCs from Steam can be had very cheaply!
Thanks to all for any help.
Ridgewayranger

jim.smith

Re: Missing vessel?????
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 18:21:00 »

Hi Ridgewayranger,I have just loaded the mission with no problems.Have you version 1.4.2 and build 1038.Regards Jim.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 22:26:42 »

I suspect it is "Selsey II" which is missing. This is the small container ship which is available FREE OF CHARGE in one of the Super Packs from the Shipyard at the VSTEP website.

http://www.shipsim.com/products/shipyard/page/4  You will find the ship in the Xmas triple super pack on this page.

Traddles.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 17:23:14 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Ridgewayranger

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 14:30:23 »

Many thanks for your interest but all to no avail. I have all the things you suggest, free D/Ls, upgrades etc, and have uninstalled and reinstalled till I'm sick of it. Do they all have to be in the same file? For instance, I have Red Eagle files (one of the vessels required) in Mission folder but not in Custom Mission which is where the Harbour Tug mission is. Is there a file which is used to create this vessel when needed? Logically there must be but where is it?
Ridgewayranger

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 14:47:25 »

Hi
Did you buy Elbe and Fury these vessels are also needed for some missions
and could be the missing link.
                                                                                           Eric

Elbe Deep sea Tug      Fury small harbor tug.

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 18:19:16 »

Ahoy Eric,
In the first place it's the Furie, not the Fury.
And in second place: She's not a small harbour Tug but a seagoing Tug. Nowadays she's not allowed to go to the open sea due to her low bunker capacity. But she's still sea-worthy.
Kind Regards
Aad
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 18:42:21 »

Hi Aad
Thanks for putting me right long time since I used 2008  :thumbs:

I joined English forum for said sim they are supposed to let us know for
English version release I know the version has English manual.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 18:57:16 »

Hi Ridgwayranger,
The four ships required for that mission are:- Harbour tug, Red Eagle, Agile Solution & Selsey II. To find out if you have these ships go to "Free Roaming", "Select a ship" and scroll down to see if all four ships show on that list, they should all be there IF you have downloaded every Super Pack which is available. (See pictures below)
This way you should be able to see which ship is missing. By the way, I note you have not registered your copy of SS 2008, You should do so as soon as you can.
Traddles
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 19:00:58 by Traddles »

Ridgewayranger

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 19:28:01 »

Hi,
Actually I did register but it may be under a different EM address.
I've had a close look at my problem and I now find I have 23 missions which say I don't have the right ships so it seems my downloads may not be going to the right place. They all go to shipsim 2008 userdata/custom missions.
Anyway, at the moment I have another problem after doing a reinstall when I hit the SS2008 icon the Vstep panel runs to 100%, then goes off screen an I'm left with a blank screen without the usual Iceberg display. Now what?
 >:(RR

Ridgewayranger

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 15:21:06 »

Hi All,
I got my game running again and have done all you suggested. I even attempted to play every mission and found 25 which do not. I then looked for the ships in these missions and found them all on the list except Jumbo Javelin!
10 of them have a locked query icon and a couple with language_ID problem. Is it possible there are non playable ships in the scenarios? Jumbo Javelin is obviously one of the problems as every JJ mission shows the locked query Icon. Any ideas Please  share them.
RR

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 15:28:04 »

You do not appear to have downloaded your FREE "Jumbo Javelin". You will find her by going into your Forum profile and scrolling down until you find the spot where you can click on the download. This is just below your list of Licence keys. Your custom missions are correctly located in the "shipsim 2008 userdata" folder just as you describe.

Traddles.

Ridgewayranger

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 17:27:26 »

Many thanks Traddles. I didn't know there was a free JJ download. All is well now, just 2 pesky missions with the language _ID problem. Hopefully I'll be able to sort them out.
Great to have such a helpful Forum.
Ridgewayranger

pwoods7

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 15:39:56 »

You will get that error even if there is a non player ship in the mission (one transiting the area you have no control over.) I had a problem getting the JJ for a while and I'fd get that error even when JJ was not a player ship. Once i got her to work, those missions suddenly worked, and I would see the JJ transiting on all those missions that hadn't worked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines