Hello Guest May 10, 2024, 22:33:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Download or disc?  (Read 8133 times)

Xandarb

• Forum member
Download or disc?
« on: July 10, 2007, 17:20:41 »

Should i by the dowlnoad, or the disc? ???
Hi!

RockingMadDog

• Forum member
Re: Download or disc?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 17:25:59 »

the disc is easier because you can install it onto another computer better

adamano

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 17:26:43 »

just download and put it on your own disc :P

Xandarb

• Forum member
Thx
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 17:29:10 »

ok thanks!
Hi!

RockingMadDog

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 17:30:51 »

thats a good thought and to think ive been waiting until the 13th for the boxed version when instead i could just download it and then put it onto a my own disc!!

UUUUUHHHHHH

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 17:39:44 »

yeah and you can also just keep the download email or if u lose that you can always right Vstep and they'll send you a new email (thats what i did for SS06 when i installed Vista on my mac)
Ich hasse dich.

RockingMadDog

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 17:44:59 »

so does that mean i could download it off any computer aslong as i can see my e-mails on it! thats great what have i been waiting for then yay

UUUUUHHHHHH

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 17:46:51 »

so does that mean i could download it off any computer aslong as i can see my e-mails on it! thats great what have i been waiting for then yay

yup thats correct Mr. Hey you can't build a 4000ft. city ship and make it not take on water and sink cause I'm Stupid  ;D
Ich hasse dich.

Maik

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 18:41:48 »

At first I was thinking of waiting for the boxed version. But when I had a bright moment I thougt, why not just download and burn my own disc! Just have to steal an empty box from the stores than :P

RockingMadDog

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 18:50:55 »

is there any sorta region crap which might not let me download the game?

Lifeboat

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 19:49:01 »

is there any sorta region crap which might not let me download the game?

This is exactly what iw as tyhinking, i am about to pay, but i have a notice at check out that says:

"Due to contractual obligations the sales for UK, French, Scandinavian and Portugese residents will start on Friday 13th July 2007."

Yet on another sim forum, there are UK members talking about how they downloaded it & how good it is etc.

So can UK residents download the sim today & use it??? Please answer ASAP as i am ready to give Vstep my cash. :)
Lifeboats24-7...Leading International Maritime Search & Rescue Resource.With Forum,Gallery & much more. http://www.lifeboats24-7.com

RockingMadDog

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 20:19:31 »

thats exactly what has happened to me its so annoying!!

Berger

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 20:21:27 »

I would wait (and I am) for the boxed version :) Incase something on the computer f'***s up or something like that :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 20:23:24 by Berger »

RockingMadDog

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 20:24:11 »

thats what im going to do and always have been wanting to do until today when i wanted to download but it didnt work!

UUUUUHHHHHH

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 20:24:48 »

I would wait (and I am) for the boxed version :) Incase something on the computer f'***s up or something like that :)

u can either keep the download email or get a new email from vstep. thats wat i did for ss06. downloading is better.
Ich hasse dich.

Berger

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 20:28:16 »

u can either keep the download email or get a new email from vstep. thats wat i did for ss06. downloading is better.

So if you manage to delete the mail, and change e-mail account, they will still know that you have bought it?

Lifeboat

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 20:31:49 »

So if you manage to delete the mail, and change e-mail account, they will still know that you have bought it?
The easy answer here is to just print the email twice, use the first one (Keep it in your case when you write the sim to a DVD) & keep the second in a safe place in case you need it later. ::)

Right, lets get this one back on topic...are we able to download or not in the UK right now? (although strictly not the actual topic ;D)
Lifeboats24-7...Leading International Maritime Search & Rescue Resource.With Forum,Gallery & much more. http://www.lifeboats24-7.com

UUUUUHHHHHH

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 20:32:21 »

yeah you just have to give them your credit card number to verify u as being the one who bought it and then they send a new email to the email address. I dunno if you can change your email address thqat they have on record but you might be able to tell them in the same email you send them to send it to your new email address. You can just tell in the email that u need a new download email and then they'll tell you what u needa include in the email u send back.

You can also always just burn it onto a disc. ;D
Ich hasse dich.

Lifeboat

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 22:01:24 »

This is exactly what iw as tyhinking, i am about to pay, but i have a notice at check out that says:

"Due to contractual obligations the sales for UK, French, Scandinavian and Portugese residents will start on Friday 13th July 2007."

Yet on another sim forum, there are UK members talking about how they downloaded it & how good it is etc.

So can UK residents download the sim today & use it??? Please answer ASAP as i am ready to give Vstep my cash. :)

Is there anybody here based in the UK who has downloaded the Sim yet? Is available for download in the UK or not? ;)

Thanks in advance.

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 22:32:27 »

It is available in the whole world 24/24, 7/7.

Just download it, write it on a disc.
Print all emails and the payment confirmation and put it with the disc in a safe box in a safe place.

I've allso saved the payment confirmation as an .xml file on my disc.

You can download shipsim here.

Lifeboat

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 23:47:52 »

Is there anybody here based in the UK who has downloaded the Sim yet? Is available for download in the UK or not? ;)

Thanks in advance.

I have an answer now!

I just tried to buy a copy via download, and i could not get the checkout stage, it just kept giving me the messege mentioned before.

So it looks like we shall have to wait.

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 02:02:09 »

The UK cannot buy the download the game until 13th. Because of the contracts.
They mustn't of realised until a couple of days ago.

That's why you're getting that message. unless you have a valid creditcard in another country, you most likely have to wait until friday.

RockingMadDog

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 08:17:07 »

ok im pissed then!!

adamano

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2007, 08:19:15 »

Lol because i live on an island just off the UK does that not make me a UK Citizen? it let me download on the 5th :O i fell like a foreigner know

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 09:15:15 »

They originally didn't have the contractual rule.
It's only new.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines