Hello Guest May 06, 2024, 14:08:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zoom function  (Read 3239 times)

iseenoships

• Forum member
Zoom function
« on: October 08, 2009, 20:37:05 »

Can you zoom in without using a mouse scroll wheel?  I'm on a laptop with touchpad.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
Re: Zoom function
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 20:38:58 »

You can change the controls.

Settings > Controls > Camera Controls.

Welcome to the forum, happy sailing!

mvsmith

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 00:50:26 »

Specifically:
You can get to the controls panel from within any mission by clicking the 12th button from the left in the lower right corner of the screen. It looks like a wrench, and is labeled “Settings”.

Click the Controls button and then select Camera controls from the drop-down list.

Find the Camera zoom in line and double-click it in the Secondary input column.
Press the key that you want to assign to that function. For example, the numeric * key.

Find the Camera zoom out line and double-click it in the Secondary input column.
Press the key that you want to assign to that function. For example, the numeric / key.

Click the OK button.

Delta S117

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 12:56:25 »

Awesome i wanted to know that because i use a lap top too, does the zoom work with the binoculars that you can pick up whilst in person view.
:)

TJK

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 13:03:01 »

Awesome i wanted to know that because i use a lap top too,

Have you the the same game installed on 2 PC's at the same time?
if you have you brake the game license, you are not allowed to do that,
if you want the game one a second PC you most bay a second shipsim

TJK

Trying to use the game on two separate computers is in breach of the agreement the purchaser has with Vstep.   If you try to do it as you suggest you will get a message saying the licence is already in use by another person. Also you are in danger of being banned from the forum for trying to commit an illegal act.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 13:14:23 by TJK »

Finn700

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 09:19:00 »

In most touchpads the right side of the pad is acting like mouse wheel. Not always activated on basic setup but can be turned on from the control panel.

mvsmith

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 15:21:01 »

That’s a good point Finn.
Another suggestion would be to plug in a USB mouse, or a trackball that can be used on your knee or other limited space.
Trying to steer with the wheel or do some other chores with the touchpad is not a lot of fun.
Regards,
Marty

Delta S117

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 23:22:33 »

i only have it installed on one pc, what gave you the idea that i had it installed on two?
:)

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 01:29:33 »

Awesome i wanted to know that because i use a lap top too,

Perhaps this, Delta..:You meant to say: (Like iseenoships,) I use a laptop..
But it could be understood as: (In addition to a desktop,) I use a laptop.. ;)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 09:40:12 »

My understanding of the licence was that you could only USE one copy at a time... Not that I care as I only have it on my laptop.

Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, 09:44:18 »

Stuart, I thought the same thing, back when Carl was here I asked him, and he said it was ok since it was only 1 user. But things must have changed. Who knows.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 18:48:14 »

Can we clarify this zoom lark.

According to the menu it only lists the option for changing the zoom controls for the MAP and not for the players eyes.

My copy is (since a major HD crash) a basic installation, so was there an update for this or am I just becoming as thick as everyone else? (damn- I've managed a week without insulting anyone...!)

Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

mvsmith

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 20:08:15 »

Hi Stu,

The zoom controls for the chart are listed in the Interface group on the pull-down list.
The Camera zoom controls are listed in the Camera controls group.
That’s how it is in the CE version. Your mileage may vary.

Feel free to insult me if it will help you to get back on your game … and remember that it is a Chart, not a map.
I know what it’s like; if I go even 48 hours without insulting someone, I get twitchy. That’s why I had to return to the forum.

Regards,
Marty

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 20:27:48 »

I know what it’s like; if I go even 48 hours without insulting someone, I get twitchy. That’s why I had to return to the forum.

Regards,
Marty

Recorded for the history.
keep it gnarly

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 20:37:27 »

Almost never here, try here.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 22:54:10 »

Hi Stu,

The zoom controls for the chart are listed in the Interface group on the pull-down list.
The Camera zoom controls are listed in the Camera controls group.
That’s how it is in the CE version. Your mileage may vary.

Feel free to insult me if it will help you to get back on your game … and remember that it is a Chart, not a map.

Regards,
Marty

Thanks Marty. I will have another look when I get back home, but as I remember it, there is only an option for the chart. Perhaps I will have to go through all the patch downloads...

As for insulting someone- how do you manage 48 hours? If I sleep for 4 hours per day, I wake up, go out the door looking for an arguement with someone. Anyone.

Thanks

iseenoships

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2009, 13:22:52 »

Thanks for the help - I actually found the solution by clicking through a few menus!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 15:36:55 »

I still can't find a way to change this option as described. I think maybe it is missing from the 'as installed' basic version  :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines