Hello Guest May 06, 2024, 04:26:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ships got controlleble* lights  (Read 3038 times)

joelski

• Forum member
Ships got controlleble* lights
« on: June 17, 2007, 17:05:00 »

hey, does the ships from ss08 has lights you can put on and off, in real time they use that so other ships can see them, if the multiplayer update is launched, its very handy to use.
(and sorry for my english, i am ducth and my english is not very well)
LJCommy - ThaLJ

chrism

• Forum member
Re: Ships got controlleble* lights
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 19:34:20 »

hey, does the ships from ss08 has lights you can put on and off, in real time they use that so other ships can see them
A radar would also serve its purpose for that matter, if it ever gets to that situation. Just a thing to ponder about

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 23:35:47 »

And a transponder, but I suppose that they the radar and transponder could be in the 'New Navigation Instruments' that are coming in the 2008 version... We don't want to know too much though, a surprise is always nice!

COBERA

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 01:07:50 »

Hi all ;D

You know joelski I was thinking the same thing the other night. Do the ships in 2008 have ship lighting?

I did research the next day and found this video check it out. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXPxep4zAoc )

It's the push-bardge from Ship Simulator 2008.

Let the video completely load then scroll foward to 46second mark and there is a clip of what the bardge looks like a night. Yes, comletely light up with lights.

I believe if one ship has lights they all will... Well at least i hope they will  :-\

Happy Sailing,

Sincerely

COBERA ::)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 01:25:15 »

Is that an official Vstep boat then?

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

COBERA

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 23:36:37 »

From what I've seen, yes the push-bardge is an offical ship for SS08 here is the Work in process video of VStep modeling the bardge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynGKe4Aw8DE

Happy Sailing,

Sincerely,

COBERA ::)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 23:39:46 by COBERA »

joelski

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 22:26:16 »

but, about the lights, there are more things than only the lights.
I live in the netherlands, near a river, named 'De Waal'.
There are much much ships everyday, they got radar, lights, 1`(or 2) special lights they use for something, and some other stuff.
Everyone has played ss06 right? well there is a bug: the mooron*.
When you are 10 miles from your mooron place, when you are 0 knots, you just kan mooron, wtf?
LJCommy - ThaLJ

Eemspoort

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 22:00:05 »

This push-boat is the work of our fellow-member Goax75. He digitalizes real ships for Ship Simulator. And he does a great job on it! So, this is NOT an official VStep-ship!

And i don't know, if the navigation-lights will be opperable in SS08. But it would sure be nice!
m/s "Eemspoort"
1961, Hilgers A.G.-Rheinbröhl
76,2 x 8,20 x 2,72 mtr, 1085 ton
Deutz RBV 6 M 545, 800 HP @ 380 rpm
Daf KMD 250.2, 250 HP @ 1800 rpm, bowthruster

mporter

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 01:18:17 »

Yeah, operable lights would be nice -- but I would put a MUCH higher priority on realistic handling. And you can't have everything -- at least not all at once.

When the handling is OK, and ships do behave as they really would, THEN we can talk about desirable extras like lights or animated people in the ships or whatever.

Cheers,
Michael
Michael Porter Marine Design
www.mp-marine.com

Eemspoort

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 06:34:28 »

I agree with you, Michael. However, i do think, that implanting opperable lights in the game is easyer for the dev's to do, then make the ships react more realistic. Lights is just a (fairly) simple feature, but the handling of the ships stays a trial-and-error-thing.

But, let's be honest, this "discussion" has taken place over and over again on this forum.
The development of a game/sim takes time and effort. MSFS wasn't perfect with the first versoin, neither with the second. The have version 10, and my geuss is, there is still a lot to adjust.
So it will take a long time, before SS is in a stadium, that fairly satisfy's the crowd.

Let's just hope, the feature's and ship-handling and (very important!) the AI are more and better then in SS06. I'm sure, other features will be developed in future versions of the sim. Because the dev's aren't stupid, and surely do know, what they are on abaut, and do realise, ships need lights, engine-rooms, and so on. We can't have it al/win them all at once, my friends!
m/s "Eemspoort"
1961, Hilgers A.G.-Rheinbröhl
76,2 x 8,20 x 2,72 mtr, 1085 ton
Deutz RBV 6 M 545, 800 HP @ 380 rpm
Daf KMD 250.2, 250 HP @ 1800 rpm, bowthruster

joelski

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 12:42:55 »

mporter, you got right.
Its better the make the importand things first before adding details, like lights.
Maybe the lights will come in SS10 (If the def from SS makes a SS10) and the people.
Well, the last thing what i can say is: SS08 is great!
LJCommy - ThaLJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines