Hello Guest May 16, 2024, 19:29:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Second Day...Possible Glitch...and really cool sounds  (Read 1416 times)

Chitch

• Forum member
Second Day...Possible Glitch...and really cool sounds
« on: August 28, 2010, 18:50:17 »

Doing the run from Sydney, through Antarctica, to NYC....First, the possible glitch....when I got to the designated spot for the pilot to come out and pick me up...switched to the pilot boat, ran it out to the Agile Solution, and when I got switched back to the A/S, the pilot boat went crazy....jumped way up in the air, doing flips, and actually looked like it was gaining in altitude for a few seconds!  :o...after a couple of minutes it settled down and everything proceeded normally.

Next, when I made my connection with the ship in the Antarctic Ocean, made the meet fine, but without radar, it's nearly impossible to find your way out again (and I'm still at it..trying to get out that is)...however, and this is the cool part....when I brushed up against an iceberg....you guys put in the most amazing screeching sound effect of steel dragging across ice I've ever heard.....haven't heard a sound like that since my Navy days...Amazing work.  :2thumbs:

Scared the 'Bazoogies' out of me when I first heard it....out of reflex, I turned and looked out my window...seriously, it was THAT good.   8)

Jim

gibby12

• Forum member
Re: Second Day...Possible Glitch...and really cool sounds
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 19:00:56 »

you looked out your window ****** thtts funny it must of sounded pretty damn realistic

Edited for langauge - abbreviated forms of profanity are still profanity and thus not acceptable. Fred.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 19:19:31 by Mad_Fred »

Chitch

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 19:16:54 »

It was REALLY close!  Screeching metal will get your attention if you've been at sea for any length of time...of course, then I felt like an idiot...but it's a great effect!  :doh:

First thing that popped into my head was 'We're Going Down'!! (then I felt like an even bigger idiot). Got a heavy thump, then the screaming metal....YIKES! Good Job Guys!!  :2thumbs:

Jim
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 19:19:51 by Chitch »

matt5674

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 19:58:29 »

Wow. By what you described, that is the coolest feature. If Titanic was in the game and hit a berg down there, it would be like a simulation of the actual thing, metal against ice. No one knows which beats the other.

Chitch

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 21:14:00 »

Well, in the real world....it was Ice - 1  / Titanic - 0

I'll tell you what....What a White Knuckle ride that is going through the Antarctic Ocean....it's a dim half-light, snowing up a blizzard - WITH FOG...your visibility is down to maybe a quarter of a NM...you have the radar range set on .75 NM, picking your way through the mine field of icebergs at 5 Kts...GADS!  I'm exhausted!!

Tight confines too...here's a shot of the Agile Solution 'Shooting the Gap' between an ice sheet and a berg...not a lot of clearance there

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines