Hello Guest May 05, 2024, 05:59:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Textures missing?  (Read 1651 times)

morpheus

• Forum member
Textures missing?
« on: August 13, 2007, 04:13:58 »

Hello! Dloaded the Demo, and the boat looks great...but the water is a flowing grid...looks ok, but is simply a matrix of squares. When I met up with the fairy in the demo mission, I could see the props under the water, and some of the ship was see-through.

I'm running an XP based dual Intel Xeon 3.2GHz box, 1GB RAM and a NVidia Quadro4 750 XGL graphics card (128MB RAM)....any issues there? tried uninstalling and reinstalling the demo....DX9 is ok....graphics drivers are up to date....any suggestions?
 ???

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
Re: Textures missing?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 04:19:47 »

summons djm...

either a graphics card issue or drivers are outdated...

Ship Sim

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 07:07:12 »

I am almost sure it has to deal with your graphic card.

simplayer

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 08:16:54 »

I too had to change some graphiccard settings to get a better quality gaming screen...

CONSTANTIA ET LABORE

mins

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 13:04:03 »

I have same problems with demo and  think that is probably grafic card. Because I use ATI Radeon 9200SE

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 13:54:20 »

Hiya morpheus and all :)

I'm no expert, but it appears to be, like everyone has already said, a graphics issue.  That card also appears to be quite old now, I've never used a Quadro card, but that appears to be an older 4x AGP card and that may be the cause of your problems.

I usually play around with graphics settings if I have issues, just to see where that takes me.....doesn't always address the problem, but sometimes works ;)

I'm not entirely sure if the problem is fixable with a card that is running on the older 4x AGP setup, you may need to upgrade your graphics card unfortunately.

The range of Quadro4 XGL cards is available here, just to show you the specs :)

Regards.

DJM.

Edit: Just ran a quick search on Amazon and found this:

Date first available at Amazon.com: July 24, 2002, should give you some idea of age :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 14:02:12 by [RWP]DJM »
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Gertjan

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 14:06:45 »

Usually its the graphic card thats the bottleneck,

perhaps Vstep could release a console version for the Playstation3 and Xbox360 in the future, then noone would have these performance issues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines