Hello Guest May 14, 2024, 05:00:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Vote

Ship Simulator
Virtual Sailor
Virtual Skipper
Ports of Call
Flight Simulator
Train Simulator
Trainz
Sonalysts Simulations: Dangerous Waters
TRS 2006
Lock On
Falcon
Silent Hunter
Battlefield 1942

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: War of Simulators  (Read 11537 times)

marcstrat

• Global Moderator

mvsmith is correct.
The first idea was to name one of the vessels RMS Gigantic.
However on the end it has never had that name.
Marc
N

HMS Borky

• Forum member

Hallo,

Is somebody here who has pictures of the QM 2 from Ports of Call?

ANdy
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 18:40:56 by HMS Borky »

Fox Luna

• Forum member
Re: Ship Simulator vs. Virtual Sailor
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2008, 18:50:33 »

BMW is much better than Volvo. Why? I don't know...
Xbox suchs because Playstation IS better... you see.. I'm just joking. I don't even have a Xbox 360 yet. :D

I vote for them both because I know that each game have their own bugs, missing parts and I cud continue forever. But I have one nail on the Ship Simulator simply because it smells more quality of this simulator than Virtual Sailor. VS is driven by add-on developers and it's not the developer himself that makes the exiting content. In opposite VSTEP makes all the content for Ship Simulator and sometimes add ship models made by others into the game. This is the quality control that makes this sim look good and far better than Virtual Sailor when it comes to graphics. When it comes to simulation I see these games as 50/50. They all have their ups and downs when it comes to physics.

So after this mini review I give Ship Simulator 5 points more for keeping a higher graphics and quality control so I don't have to see poor Ketshup models being developed for this game. There are dozens of poor ship models made for Virtual Sailor that would not care to download because it's made by a "wannabe" that have a very simply view of 3D modelling and texturing without thinking a second on making the ship model a "little" bit more realistic.

And if I did say this on the official game forum for Virtual Sailor I know what would happen. I would be banned, because it's impossible to review someones add-on at the forum or to post constructive criticism. That's the reason why we Norwegians that use VS stick to our own forum. The official forum for VS is described in one single word: minefield with ticking bombs. Stay away! :P
Expressing your personal opinion on that forum is not always a good idea...You have my signature on that one :D

You just don't like volvo because it's SWEDISH ;D ;D   naahh just kidding with you , we always makes jokes about norweigans , guess you do the same about us  ;) hehe
Fox Luna

MPSS     Multiplayer Ship Simmers Clan

Register NOW -------> www.mpssclan.co.uk

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member

There was no RMS Gigantic. The hull was redesigned and became HMHS Britannic. Because what was originally to be Gigantic was never so registered, there was never an RMS Gigantic.
Marty

The ship was to be RMS Gigantic, but the Titanic disaster caused White Star to decide to change the name to RMS Britannic, but prior to completion, World War I broke out, so it was turned into a hospital ship, so it was changed to HMHS Britannic.

My screenname is what it was first intended to be.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 20:01:16 by RMS Gigantic »

mvsmith

White Star Lines always denied that they ever intended to name her Gigantic. The one piece of evidence that might contradict that is a White Star publicity brochure, produced when the ships were first conceived, showing artist’s conceptions of the ships. In that brochure the third ship was labeled “Gigantic”. Officially, Gigantic never existed.
Furthermore, the ship was not christened, launched, or registered under that name. Therefore, there could never have been an “RMS Gigantic”.
Marty

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member

White Star Lines always denied that they ever intended to name her Gigantic. The one piece of evidence that might contradict that is a White Star publicity brochure, produced when the ships were first conceived, showing artist’s conceptions of the ships. In that brochure the third ship was labeled “Gigantic”. Officially, Gigantic never existed.
Furthermore, the ship was not christened, launched, or registered under that name. Therefore, there could never have been an “RMS Gigantic”.
Marty

I never said it did. It was planned, but never launched.

BTW, christening is not a factor as to whether a ship existed. the RMS Titanic, Olympic, and HMHS Britannic were never christened, for it was White Star's practice never to christen its ships, so according to not having a ship christened meaning it never existed, none of those ships existed.

And yet there are several pieces of ship 2.5 miles below the Atlantic and in the Titanic Meuseum in Branson, Missouri bearing the yard number 401, pieces of ship under the Athean Sea with the yard number 402, and parts of ship in the White Swan Hotel and in the Titanic Meuseum that belonged to a ship with the yard number 400.

mvsmith

RMS Gigantic never existed because no ship of that name was ever registered with the Royal Mail Ship designation. Gigantic was just a name hung on a picture of a ship in a brochure.
Marty

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member

RMS Gigantic never existed because no ship of that name was ever registered with the Royal Mail Ship designation. Gigantic was just a name hung on a picture of a ship in a brochure.
Marty

Yeah, and it's that ship in a brochure that I got my screenname from

saken41

Re: War of Simulators
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2008, 21:30:44 »

Once again I reseted the votes and added 2 new options, Flight Simulator and Train Simulator (both Flight Simulator and Train Simulator made by Microsoft).

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2008, 21:38:54 »

i'm sorry ship sim fans, but i had to vote for msts. i was into trains before ships. trains are a nice way to travel. especially AmTrak. nice burgers in the snack car. and i drove an ACC40W. abnormal because i'm 12. didn't stop me though. did it? so yeah. i vote msts. can you add trainz and let us vote for 3?

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

saken41

« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2008, 21:45:25 »

i'm sorry ship sim fans, but i had to vote for msts. i was into trains before ships. trains are a nice way to travel. especially AmTrak. nice burgers in the snack car. and i drove an ACC40W. abnormal because i'm 12. didn't stop me though. did it? so yeah. i vote msts. can you add trainz and let us vote for 3?

Givmme some names on more random simulators, I'll put up Trainz ;D,

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2008, 21:47:31 »

Givmme some names on more random simulators, I'll put up Trainz ;D,
for trainz. TRS 2006. all i can think of.

TerryRussell

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2008, 21:49:38 »

F19, the best DOS Stealth Fighter Simulator ever made.
FA18 the second best DOS flight simulator
Air Combat WWII

Were they random enaough?

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2008, 21:55:52 »

F19, the best DOS Stealth Fighter Simulator ever made.
FA18 the second best DOS flight simulator
Air Combat WWII

Were they random enaough?
no :D

TerryRussell

« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2008, 22:01:35 »

I do have a slug simulator program. How about that?

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2008, 22:02:30 »

I do have a slug simulator program. How about that?
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

sonarman

• Forum member

Hallo,

Is somebody here who has pictures of the QM 2 from Ports of Call?

ANdy

HI Andy here is a pic of QM3 in Sydney from the new POC deluxe 2008.

You can see more over at the game's site. I think the game is only in German at the moment but an English version is almost complete and the developer is seeking a publisher (I hope Lighthouse!)

A a video of QM2 in the icebergs  here note this appears to be in arcade mode judging by the acceleration of the ship, there is also a sim mode. The night mode looks very cool. I think there is also a 3d red/green mode as the box mentions 3d glasses being supplied.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 22:33:28 by sonarman »

HMS Borky

• Forum member
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2008, 22:39:18 »

special thanks ;)

MFG Andy

TerryRussell

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2008, 23:10:04 »

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

The program simulates thepopulation of various types of slug with certain variables, such numbers of specific predators, weather conditions and so on. Don't worry. I don't think there's going to be a Vstep Slug Simulator program.

By the way, was THAT random enough for you? Heh heh.  ;D

Muttzcuttz

• Forum member
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2008, 23:15:09 »

BVE 4  :)

I dont see it on the list though so cant vote.
Its a rail cab sim, very realistic indeed, with fully simulated cab sway and safety systems etc  ;D

saken41

« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2008, 08:32:53 »

Just bought Sonalysts Combat Simulations: Dangerous Waters yesterday so I added it here ;D.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2008, 08:51:39 »

Where's Falcon 4? And Lock On?  And IL2?  And OFP or ArmA?

You're leaving the best ones out!!  ;D

Regards,
Fred

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2008, 10:04:52 »

Gosh.. what a poll... Hard do decide actually ???

saken41

« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2008, 10:17:08 »

New rule: NO COMBAT SIMULATORS
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 10:18:39 by R.M.S. TITANIC »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2008, 10:23:32 »

Well then you have to remove Virtual Sailor, cause it has warships and weapons that you can operate..  ::)

;D

Fred
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines