Hello Guest May 13, 2024, 22:01:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Obama wants more school  (Read 20742 times)

saltydog

• Forum member
Re: Obama wants more school
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2009, 22:23:33 »

If there is a heaven, the British may not be in charge of schooling, nor (God Forbid), the cooking..
Perhaps the car-engineering.. ;D

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2009, 10:49:07 »

Stu,

Only get your finger prints if you are takin in for booking for a crime, or you want to take a kid on a field trip...

Never heard of anyone getting a government iris scan.

Biometric Data?

I think you are confused.
Oh really? Do you actually know what biometric means? Perhaps the case for more schooling?  ;D

If there is a heaven, the British may not be in charge of schooling, nor (God Forbid), the cooking..
Perhaps the car-engineering.. ;D
What do you mean if there is a heaven? I am God. And that is where I live :angel:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 10:51:38 by Stuart2007 »
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2009, 10:53:09 »

What do you mean if there is a heaven? I am God. And that is where I live :angel:

:doh:

lol

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2009, 10:56:26 »

:doh:

lol

Laugh at me, you mortal? You will go to school hell for all eternity
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2009, 11:07:40 »

Stu, I still have 3 years left, not including 4 years of college.

I just haven't gotten to that part yet.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2009, 11:11:42 »

Stu, I still have 3 years left, not including 4 years of college.

I just haven't gotten to that part yet.

Just wait until you have your first full time job... THEN you'll be posting here saying to younger people to enjoy school while they can...

Admittedly, I hated school and wouldn't swap places with you for all the beer in Belgium

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2009, 11:13:37 »

Just wait until you have your first full time job... THEN you'll be posting here saying to younger people to enjoy school while they can...

Admittedly, I hated school and wouldn't swap places with you for all the beer in Belgium

My job doesn't need much schooling, other then on the job training, lol.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2009, 11:31:52 »

My job doesn't need much schooling, other then on the job training, lol.
Oh yes, I'd agree with that totally. I'm not (and never have) saying that 'school' must mean sitting in a classroom saying "yes sir. no sir. Three damned bags full sir"

Any education, whether it IS classroom based studying to be a nuclear physicist or in a workshop learning to weld, or even in a marine academy learning to sail. All of that is important and if that's the type of education you are after then I say very good luck to you.

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2009, 22:24:19 »

heck i'd rather be out on the job i want to do than stuck in a classroom ::)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2009, 22:31:17 »

heck i'd rather be out on the job i want to do than stuck in a classroom ::)

Your not helping your argument...

Just because sitting in a classroom isn't appealing to you, and that is all your basing your statements on. You need the fundamentals of classroom teaching if you ever want to get a decent job, the guy with more schooling is always going to be higher on the totem pole then you.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 22:33:16 by Agent|Austin »

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2009, 00:30:38 »

i'm just saying thats what i'd rather do. I have full intention to get as much schooling as possible to get higher in my job field, that makes the most sense. ::)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2009, 13:28:47 »

Sorry AA, but I agree with MC on that. I had quite impressive grades when I left school. But it didn't do me much good- what I needed was REAL WORLD experience.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going back on what I said about education, but that doesn't mean X% in the classroom. Take an apprenticeship for example, that MIGHT have some classroom experience, but mostly it is hands on.

For my part, I would have been better leaving school earlier and getting on job experience (I say experience as you can not get trained for my job, only experienced). My own education was pretty much wasted because of bad advice from teachers- which is why I hate seeing other people make the same mistakes- I could have been FAR better off if I had taken ONLY proper experience.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2009, 13:35:30 »

Pretty much what I said earlier about More Work Experience!!

It's important, I think...You can learn all the theory you like, but without real experience...You're theory is useless, and Visa Versa.

I've heard many examples of where new Officers and such have gone aboard ships, And they're been absolutely useless...

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2009, 15:35:23 »

I think it does depend upon the type of work. Taking extremes of circumstances

Nuclear physicist: It is MUCH better to learn the theory in a classroom/lab than by experimenting with hydrogen bombs.

Carpentry: A classroom is pointless- you need to get practical experience
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines