Hello Guest May 25, 2024, 04:28:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: August 27th!!!!  (Read 76816 times)

con875

• Forum member
Re: August 27th!!!!
« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2010, 13:37:13 »

Still cant play it, because of Steam. still waiting.  >:(

Conor

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2010, 13:40:47 »

You don't lose many, play ss08. The games graphism(i know i repeat) are bad if you compare of game of 2008/2009/2010 don't look homepage screen look real in game pictures.

Note : i will retire all my post on the graphism if like you say it is ameliored prochainly with wake and bow waves in 3D.

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2010, 13:42:48 »

I'm still waiting here for my boxed version to come in the post  :thumbs:

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2010, 13:43:34 »

I'm still waiting here for my boxed version to come in the post  :thumbs:

Aren't we all...  :C

Snakebyte92

• Forum member
« Reply #204 on: August 27, 2010, 13:45:32 »

Aren't we all...  :C
At least I do. I really can't wait...
Cadet Holland America Line

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2010, 13:46:41 »

Did i hear someone mention auction? :doh:
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #206 on: August 27, 2010, 13:51:37 »

Jean,

You have been warned by Frank in a previous post and have already been told the reasons why the game does not quite match the screenshots posted some time ago.

It is NOT illegal to change the visuals in a game, and although these features would have been very welcome, we would surely have people complaining about performance issues should they have been left in ;)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #207 on: August 27, 2010, 13:59:13 »

Jean,

You have been warned by Frank in a previous post and have already been told the reasons why the game does not quite match the screenshots posted some time ago.

It is NOT illegal to change the visuals in a game, and although these features would have been very welcome, we would surely have people complaining about performance issues should they have been left in ;)
I'm not sure it's legal if we put a MAGNIFIC pictures with bow waves and wake in 3D and after in the game the wake and the bow waves are like in ss08.

Frank_VSTEP

« Reply #208 on: August 27, 2010, 14:14:36 »

The images, every single one, were all taken ingame during development. As development progresses, there is a constant evolution and difficult balancing act to keep the performance playable for everybody. It is no use in creating a game that only 5% of people can run on their pc. You go on about bow waves and wakes, but please take the big picture in account. The ocean system is the best looking out there in any game.

The game looks excellent, and although I am a very calm and even more patient person, I now wonder why you are making statements claiming that visuals are similar to 2008. They are not. Period. It can be seen by the magic of sight, so use your eyes.  You claim to be an advocate of truth, but you are the one making false statements it seems, as a blind man can see that visuals are much improved.

Furthermore, you have NOT even played the game yourself, so it seems you willingly want to damage Ship Simulator Extreme and act like a troll. This is a pity. So please, get back on track or get a refund.

No hard feelings.

Frank
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 14:21:01 by Frank_VSTEP »

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #209 on: August 27, 2010, 14:23:46 »

The images, every single one, were all taken ingame during development. As development progresses, there is a constant evolution and difficult balancing act to keep the performance playable for everybody. It is no use in creating a game that only 5% of people can run on their pc. You go on about bow waves and wakes, but please take the big picture in account.

The game looks excellent, and although I am a very calm and even more patient person, I now wonder why you are making statements claiming that visuals are similar to 2008. They are not. Period. It can be seen by the magic of sight, so use your eyes.  You claim to be an advocate of truth, but you are the one making false statements it seems, as a blind man can see that visuals are much improved.

Furthermore, you have NOT even played the game yourself, so it seems you willingly want to damage Ship Simulator Extreme and act like a troll. This is a pity. So please, get back on track or get a refund.

No hard feelings.

Frank

BBut why did'nt you keep the game like that and you don't add setting example :
Bow waves
O SS08 style (quickest)
O New style (slower)

Wake :
O 3D
O 2D

Object details :
O Highest quality
O High quality
O Medium quality
O Bad quality

Why didn't you think at this system example in sims 3 there is taht and it can be beautiful(highest option) or ugly(bad quality)

Every game is like that you imagine people like me who have a very good computer will be happy. I can't understand you do all that work to throw it in the bin. I esper you have keep the code to do that and you will add the options i say.

I only say all that to help improving the quality of game by a simple option. Maybe you can put that in patch 1.2. I hope you will look and say that suggestion to developper.

Frank_VSTEP

« Reply #210 on: August 27, 2010, 14:30:37 »

Jean,

We are open to all suggestions. I just think you are expecting even more than the best. That is of course very difficult to match.

As you will find out SSE already has configurable visual settings, and playing on high quality will give you very nice graphics. Much better than SS08.

Frank

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #211 on: August 27, 2010, 14:36:16 »

Jean,

We are open to all suggestions. I just think you are expecting even more than the best. That is of course very difficult to match.

As you will find out SSE already has configurable visual settings, and playing on high quality will give you very nice graphics. Much better than SS08.

Frank
personnatly i don't see the difficulty it's just a new radiobutton and a function to call by a signal, so because you say me you did this fonction you just have to say (if you give it this name):
newWakeAndBowWavesSystem();
And graphism quality

I don't see the diddiculty if i already do this function of wake and bow waves i don't see why you don't add a new radiobutton for graphism (object, waves, etc) do you really already prepare this function or it is modifyed pictures?

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #212 on: August 27, 2010, 15:03:16 »

Hello jeanfla,

That feature.. was developed, then it was tested.. and then unfortunatly found to be too resource heavy.

Thus.. it needed to be tuned down, to ensure the more important parts of the game, could function properly too.

What part of that do you not understand?

It's not that difficult really.  ;)

Cheers.

Kind Regards,
Fred

Ahh that's a better explaination, i understand why didn't they have. It's not the same explaination the old we say me was that some PC aren't powerful for that. I esper they will found the solution and post it. If the release trailer is real than tha game is good. Excellent when their will be a patch

Masterkiller012

• Forum member
« Reply #213 on: August 27, 2010, 15:58:26 »

Hello Guys,
i have a big problem with my game. I received it from Amazon in the morning and i was verry happy :P.
But then i installed steam and the game and i wrote my key in the textbox from steam. Then i got a error message that a user already get this lisence and that the game is already in my game category in steam, but it isnt.
I dont know the reason and i like to ask you if any other person in this forum has maybe the same problem.

should i send the game back to amazon, this day ? Or should i wait ?

Cheers,
Andy

p.s. sorry for my english, only sql englisch from Germany...

nvanloo97

• Forum member
« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2010, 16:03:37 »

you should contact Steam. you can`t install a game twice if it is from Steam. they have to reset the code.
but tell your problem to Steam and they`ll help you out  :thumbs:  but it could take a while before they awnser your question.

Ship Simulator 2008 and Ship Simulator Extremes online name: Captain Flint.

jeanfla

• Forum member
« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2010, 16:03:57 »

Hello Guys,
i have a big problem with my game. I received it from Amazon in the morning and i was verry happy :P.
But then i installed steam and the game and i wrote my key in the textbox from steam. Then i got a error message that a user already get this lisence and that the game is already in my game category in steam, but it isnt.
I dont know the reason and i like to ask you if any other person in this forum has maybe the same problem.

Cheers,
Andy

Hello, you aren't only. There are many people in your case. I just can say you to never buy something who work with steam

OUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i have writed 104 post !!! and 85 today!!!  ;D :D

Frank_VSTEP

« Reply #216 on: August 27, 2010, 16:10:21 »

Hello Guys,

Cheers,
Andy

Hi Andy,
This is the reason:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,19842.msg272244.html#msg272244

RYAN123

• Forum member
« Reply #217 on: August 27, 2010, 16:11:06 »

OMG OMG OMG santa clasue did bring it but naghty him he sent it to next door  :D
I shall return :evil:

I like Trains :)

urgeflaske

• Forum member
« Reply #218 on: August 27, 2010, 16:14:51 »

Hello!

I just ordered the download version from this site. I installed it and everything, but when i start it the screen is just black and its not even fullscreen. Its just a box that covers the half of the screen. What can be wrong?

Ciroton

• Forum member
« Reply #219 on: August 27, 2010, 16:19:32 »

My eyes! x_x STOP SPAMMING SMILIES, DAMMIT! >_<

Anyway, I got the game a few hours ago! =D

Sadly, no one was awake to receive it, so the DHL guy just left a sticky, saying he'd call back at about 12:30. ;_;

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #220 on: August 27, 2010, 16:21:06 »

OMG OMG OMG santa clasue did bring it but naghty him he sent it to next door  :D

*mutters under brteath

Lucky hrghhr

Mine should be here... tomorrow...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 16:25:32 by The Ferry Man »

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #221 on: August 27, 2010, 16:23:55 »

Lets hope a moderator doesnt see that post hey?  :doh:

Snakebyte92

• Forum member
« Reply #222 on: August 27, 2010, 16:24:59 »

Lets hope a moderator doesnt see that post hey?  :doh:

Haha. Don't you think he like it??
Cadet Holland America Line

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #223 on: August 27, 2010, 16:25:14 »

Lets hope a moderator doesnt see that post hey?  :doh:

he did

RYAN123

• Forum member
« Reply #224 on: August 27, 2010, 16:26:59 »

DAM  on steam it asked me for actavation code i tryed the 1 on the back of the manul but it dont work cann someone help  :'(
I shall return :evil:

I like Trains :)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines