Hello Guest May 08, 2024, 08:26:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: ShipSim Extremes Ferry Add-On Pack and Ferry Campaign - Out NOW!  (Read 204693 times)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
Re: ShipSim Extremes Ferry Add-On Pack and Ferry Campaign
« Reply #325 on: February 25, 2011, 19:07:59 »

I really appreciate the new ferry addon! The pictures & video are looking great and I am happy to be able to sail some new interesting ships.
It sure would be nice to add the ramp function also to the Pride of Rotterdam and the Red Eagle in a later patch.

Red Eagle has no ramps  :o

Pride of Dover

• Forum member
« Reply #326 on: February 25, 2011, 19:20:21 »

so, does the Albatross IV have the working ramps too? like in the bow visor?  :thumbs:

Keeping her name flying high...........

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #327 on: February 25, 2011, 19:20:57 »

so, does the Albatross IV have the working ramps too? like in the bow visor?  :thumbs:

Has a working stern ramp at least

I think the bow is fixed though :(

Pride of Dover

• Forum member
« Reply #328 on: February 25, 2011, 19:26:14 »

shame  :-\ would have been good to have it open and close the same way the other ships ones do  :thumbs: hopefully the feature is useable on multiplayer too  :2thumbs: and maybe some improved dynamics and better performance might come with the pack  ::)

Keeping her name flying high...........

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #329 on: February 25, 2011, 19:26:45 »

shame  :-\ would have been good to have it open and close the same way the other ships ones do  :thumbs: hopefully the feature is useable on multiplayer too  :2thumbs: and maybe some improved dynamics and better performance might come with the pack  ::)

I am hoping they are useable outside missions too

sick_noize

• Forum member
« Reply #330 on: February 25, 2011, 19:29:10 »

Red Eagle has no ramps  :o

I mean the bow doors or whatever they are called. ;)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #331 on: February 25, 2011, 19:29:40 »

Ahh OK

yeah, they just swing open though...  :doh:

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #332 on: February 25, 2011, 19:40:09 »

I think that's unlikely, as there will be some folks who are not interested in ferries and won't be buying the add-on.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #333 on: February 25, 2011, 19:50:23 »

"Albatross IV" has an opening bow visor. "Red Eagle" has opening doors and gates. Etc, Etc.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #334 on: February 25, 2011, 19:50:54 »

The ferry add-on. OH WOW.  :2thumbs:

Vstep has really surprised us as we all were expecting 3 ferries. When I was watching the Vstep video on You Tube, I almost fell off my seat when I saw the river ferry as it looks very familar to the one that used to work on the river Clyde. She used to be called DE HOORN and was renamed SOUND OF SLEAT when she was purchased by Western Ferries in 1988. Sold a few years ago, she is now a successful floating diving vessel based at Holy Loch.

Any of the guys from Netherlands - can you tell me the name of the River ferry in SSE?
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #335 on: February 25, 2011, 19:54:10 »

She is called "Rozenburg" as in the name of the landing on the south side of the river opposite Maasluis. ( And her ramps and gangways are operational.) Great fun to drive, just wait and see. ??? :doh: Fore and aft Voith-Schneider props like "Red Eagle" but controlled by levers (see the pictures on the website announcement of the Ferry pack.)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 20:11:30 by Traddles »

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #336 on: February 25, 2011, 19:58:51 »

She is called "Rozenburg" as in the name of the landing on the south side of the river opposite Maasluis. ( And her ramps and gangways are operational.) Great fun to drive, just wait and see. ??? :doh:

Cheers Traddles - SOUND OF SLEAT was my favourite Western Ferries vessel, so it'll be nice to play her in SSE even though I know it's not exactly the same vessel - it's close enough and that's good enough for me  :thumbs:

Ralphy

• Forum member
« Reply #337 on: February 25, 2011, 20:04:11 »

"Red Eagle" has opening doors and gates.
 :o
did my eyes decieve me or does that say Red Eagle!!!

even though my pc can't handle extreames that well i think i might buy the pack, that has just tipped it over the edge

Wow, that was my 1000th post, took along time to get it...was trying to make it a helpful post but ohwell ::)

"Red Eagle" is not part of the ferry pack, she is already in the game.
Traddles.

I know but at first the post implied her doors now opened, but you have since editied your post  :doh: will still think about buying the ferry add on
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 20:17:53 by Ralphy »

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #338 on: February 25, 2011, 20:07:59 »

looks like this pack is going to sell allot for vstep ::)

i also found the location of rozenburg ferry, and the sistership of her

I cant believe we are going to have real moving cars that enter and leave the ship!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 20:15:03 by The Ferry King »

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #339 on: February 25, 2011, 20:16:11 »

Notice the loading areas in that picture. Believe it about the cars too.

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #340 on: February 25, 2011, 20:25:40 »

and

Can ramps be also lowered when your at sea or not attached to a pier?

another question:
Is there any news about Marseille's Ferry berths being added?
That area is increasingly becoming populated by Mp servers

wouldbe nice though as in my research and days on SSE (nearly everyday on MP) i found out that most people use Marseille as the common Enviroment and more and more people are requesting the missing berths for Marseille where they could berth the POR.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 20:32:29 by The Ferry King »

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #341 on: February 25, 2011, 20:33:06 »

"Albatross IV" has an opening bow visor. "Red Eagle" has opening doors and gates. Etc, Etc.

Oh Excellent!"!!

And Red Eagle is as well? even better  ;D

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #342 on: February 25, 2011, 20:35:16 »

Oh Excellent!"!!

And Red Eagle is as well? even better  ;D
so
POR=Working stern doors
Red E=Working doors
Albatross=Working doors
Rozenburg=Working doors
Big Apple=Working Doors (forgot the real name)
Small tour ferryboat= Working doors (video proofs it)

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #343 on: February 25, 2011, 20:39:25 »

Can ramps be also lowered when your at sea or not attached to a pier?

I'm pretty certain that would be a serious breach of the SOLAS regs (and a heavy telling-off from the MCA if you're in British waters)  ;)   :police:

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #344 on: February 25, 2011, 20:41:45 »

I'm pretty certain that would be a serious breach of the SOLAS regs (and a heavy telling-off from the MCA if you're in British waters)  ;)   :police:

Guess how the Herald of Free Enterprise capesized with the loss of many, many lives..  ::)
It's the crew that makes the difference

michabned

• Forum member
« Reply #345 on: February 25, 2011, 20:43:49 »

About de Rozenburg ferry: these are the two ferries on this route in real life, not sure which is the one in the trailer, it seems to have some custom color, probably legal reasons:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Blankenburg_%28ferry%29
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Staeldiep_(ferry)
On those pictures you also see that each pier has a different height due to the tide here. During rush hour they maintain a 10 minute timetable from both sides. There are plans to make a tunnel here by the way, which could result in less cars taking the ferry.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #346 on: February 25, 2011, 20:44:48 »

About de Rozenburg ferry: these are the two ferries on this route in real life, not sure which is the one in the trailer, it seems to have some custom color, probably legal reasons:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Blankenburg_%28ferry%29
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Staeldiep_(ferry)
On those pictures you also see that each pier has a different height due to the tide here. During rush hour they maintain a 10 minute timetable from both sides. There are plans to make a tunnel here by the way, which could result in less cars taking the ferry.

Not another tunnel  :(

I wonder why the Coromuel was renamed - she was already in game, so why not keep the same name...

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #347 on: February 25, 2011, 20:45:45 »

Guess how the Herald of Free Enterprise capesized with the loss of many, many lives..  ::)
hmm true but i was just asking if that was possible or would it only work when your attached to the shore?

I got a reaction from my friend who only likes hitting and sinking ships because he told me that he would go near ship and press the ramp button to hit the other ship but i told him to buy Silent hunter because he onyl ruins his own purchase and wastes it..

Thats why needed to know if you could also lower it whilst your sailing?

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #348 on: February 25, 2011, 20:46:24 »

Indeed, what a terrible tragedy. I still remember very clearly that evening when the BBC newsflash came up on my grandmother's TV showing a grainy imagine of orange hull on its side.

Are you able to confirm if the bow/stern doors will not open while the vessel at sea?

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #349 on: February 25, 2011, 20:47:50 »

Why did they have to call it Albatross IV?
Coromuel sounded better or did they do that to make it sound fictional as most of Vstep's shiphave a fictional name (NOT ALL OF THEM)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines