Hello Guest May 06, 2024, 16:02:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 857 858 [859] 860 861 ... 1027   Go Down

Author Topic: The Cookie Box MkII - On stranger tides  (Read 3385294 times)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: The Cookie Box MkII - On stranger tides
« Reply #21450 on: January 18, 2012, 06:50:49 »

theyre taking our rights away, not cool at all  :thumbdown: but even if the congress pass it doesnt the president have to sign it?

Your right to break copyright law, you mean, the right to steal things that normally you'd have to pay for?  ::)

If sites offer material that is free for all, people's own creations/videos and non-copyrighted material, and only offer downloads as a means of backup for people that already legally own a license to the program or whatever they want to download, then they are within the law and should be okay. I don't think it's going to be as bad as most make it out to be, anyway.

And even if it is, it's not the end of things. There will be new sites that do it a little different to be legal. The net isn't made to illegally download just about anything you like to have, to begin with. This however, is what in my humble opinion is the attitude of the bulk of the current 'younger generation', and THAT's what made them do it.

In other words.. it's your own damn fault, kids.  ;)

No disrespect meant to anyone, I'm sure none of you do that kinda thing.  ::)

Fred.

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #21451 on: January 18, 2012, 09:01:44 »

The problem with this and other draconian laws which are designed to combat the excesses of the few is that they give governments and in some cases non governmental organisations sweeping powers which can have a huge effect on the rights of people who are not doing anything wrong.

Look at the patriot act in the USA which everyone was told was to combat terrorism and was used to combat criticism of the Iraq war.  Civil liberties are about much more than the right to download illegal copies of music, they are about the idea that democratic government has to be done with the consent of those who are governed and not by force from a government who give themselves more and more power to control peoples' lives and behaviour every day.

dexter7

• Forum member
« Reply #21452 on: January 18, 2012, 12:55:23 »

Wikipedia

My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #21453 on: January 18, 2012, 15:10:56 »

Library

;D

@ Clanky, oh yeah I certainly agree with that, but most of the people I heard complaining about it, only complained about not being able to go on sites like piratebay anymore, or watch copyrighted material freely. Well, go buy the stuff, like we should in the first place, I say to them. And these websites have nothing to do with the rights of the people to the extend that you described, of course. That would be like complaining that they shut down a shop that sells stolen goods, and that this is a 'right' to have.  :)

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #21454 on: January 18, 2012, 15:26:41 »

Personally, I think SOPA (and its lesser known twin PIPA) is the most rediculous think EVER to come out of america. If passed, it could potentually result in the Shipsim domain being blocked in the US because someone posted a image that wasn't theres (like in the picture game). Now, that would result in Vstep loosing a heap of revenue because there losing customers...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 15:34:00 by danny »
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #21455 on: January 18, 2012, 16:08:33 »

@ Clanky, oh yeah I certainly agree with that, but most of the people I heard complaining about it, only complained about not being able to go on sites like piratebay anymore, or watch copyrighted material freely. Well, go buy the stuff, like we should in the first place, I say to them. And these websites have nothing to do with the rights of the people to the extend that you described, of course. That would be like complaining that they shut down a shop that sells stolen goods, and that this is a 'right' to have.  :)

If you want to use the analogy of a shop then for me the issue is that while the law may be intended to shut down shops which sell stolen goods it gives the power to shut down a shop which sells secondhand goods and accidentally sells something which is stolen.

In principal I have no issue with closing down sites like Pirate Bay, but how long before the act is used to shut down a site which the US government disagrees with on political grounds?  The internet and the freedom of speach which the internet has brought to millionjs around the world has sparked huge social change, when thye US approved of this social change (read when it suited them politically)they were outraged by the censorship of these democracy loving people who were being illegally silenced by their oppressive regimes. 

When the US disaproves of the change, say the occupy movements, how quickly will they find something illegal on their websites and shut them down?

larsdehaan

« Reply #21456 on: January 18, 2012, 16:09:20 »

P.s finally a word on the Doga!!

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #21457 on: January 18, 2012, 16:11:11 »

I know!

We have nearly got the CCC Ships now!  ;D

I wonder if we will have another CCC...  ;D

larsdehaan

« Reply #21458 on: January 18, 2012, 16:13:07 »

I know!

We have nearly got the CCC Ships now!  ;D

I wonder if we will have another CCC...  ;D
Hope so.. maybe you will enter and win then!

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #21459 on: January 18, 2012, 16:17:00 »

;D

Never know...

larsdehaan

« Reply #21460 on: January 18, 2012, 16:19:08 »

IF deniz is going to be released tomorrow i MIGHT buy the winner and the doga

assassinator2.0

• Forum member
« Reply #21461 on: January 18, 2012, 16:57:05 »

Your right to break copyright law, you mean, the right to steal things that normally you'd have to pay for?  ::)

If sites offer material that is free for all, people's own creations/videos and non-copyrighted material, and only offer downloads as a means of backup for people that already legally own a license to the program or whatever they want to download, then they are within the law and should be okay. I don't think it's going to be as bad as most make it out to be, anyway.

And even if it is, it's not the end of things. There will be new sites that do it a little different to be legal. The net isn't made to illegally download just about anything you like to have, to begin with. This however, is what in my humble opinion is the attitude of the bulk of the current 'younger generation', and THAT's what made them do it.

Fred.

i have never done anything like that! i buy all my music and stuff, i was raised right.  ;D I think they should just close down the pirated stuff (which is a lot). I dont think everyone should be punished for it. And im sorry but the library is outdated. I go there to get books and whatnot but when i do research and homework its much easier to just go to online sites(like wiki).
"He that boasts of his own knowledge proclaims his ignorance" -Author Unknown

"If a tidal wave hits LA just grab a fake boob for safety" -Sarah Michelle Gellar

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #21462 on: January 18, 2012, 17:30:49 »

Fred.
How
i use iTunes and game

will it make the internet more bias out of intress?
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #21463 on: January 18, 2012, 22:05:18 »

Just BEAUTIFUL Captain Best! Norwegian nature, pure splendor!! I'd love to spend a part of my eternity in the tranquility of those landscapes! And this "Sapphire Mountains by WMRI" makes you breathe the air on the slope, just fantastic!
I spent a very beautiful September in Floro, I remember those fantastic 50 passenger vessels they were sailing on that exotic coast. In this video i see that the untamable beauty of Norway continues further to the east.

Lovely to hear! :)
I'd say the same regarding Greece : )
Well.. Cyprus, but they do speak Greek there!:)

This video was taken at Voss, Western part of Norway :)

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #21464 on: January 19, 2012, 00:19:55 »

i have never done anything like that! i buy all my music and stuff, i was raised right.  ;D I think they should just close down the pirated stuff

Only one word for this: Impossible. Once on the web, forever on the web. Even if the Piratebay closes down, the torrents will always exist.

As for myself, I am a (torrent)downloader, but I only do it for personal use, and I don't think that's against the rules, is it?  ;)
(I never download games(content) as an addition to this. I'm a true gamer so I always buy them.  ;))

Copyright lawyers of all stripes agree that copyright includes a free zone in
which individuals may make personal use of copyrighted works without legal
liability
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 00:32:59 by VirtualSkipper »
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

assassinator2.0

• Forum member
« Reply #21465 on: January 19, 2012, 03:15:49 »

Only one word for this: Impossible. Once on the web, forever on the web. Even if the Piratebay closes down, the torrents will always exist.

so the SOPA is basically a waste and useless. that sums up congress..
"He that boasts of his own knowledge proclaims his ignorance" -Author Unknown

"If a tidal wave hits LA just grab a fake boob for safety" -Sarah Michelle Gellar

dexter7

• Forum member
« Reply #21466 on: January 19, 2012, 13:02:58 »

SD found this Webcam.
My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

Ralphy

• Forum member
« Reply #21467 on: January 19, 2012, 18:47:50 »

I'm trying to decide... to part with money or not to part with money ???

so do people reckon it's worth buying?

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #21468 on: January 19, 2012, 19:38:21 »

I'm trying to decide... to part with money or not to part with money ???

so do people reckon it's worth buying?

Is what worth buying?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 19:46:24 by The Ferry Man »

Ralphy

• Forum member
« Reply #21469 on: January 19, 2012, 20:10:44 »

:doh:

Doga

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #21470 on: January 19, 2012, 20:24:33 »

Ooh I don't know...

The pics look good...

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #21471 on: January 19, 2012, 20:28:26 »

I am just really in love with it now!  ;D

"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

RYAN123

• Forum member
« Reply #21472 on: January 19, 2012, 21:18:29 »

Yeah .. its an ace ship .... once you drive it theres no way your getting off ... Its a brill ship  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
I shall return :evil:

I like Trains :)

Snakebyte92

• Forum member
« Reply #21473 on: January 19, 2012, 21:22:12 »

I really agree with that. It's such a different ship to sail. It's really adding something to SSE.
Now I hope Vstep adds the CCC ships to their servers. That would be really nice :2thumbs:
Cadet Holland America Line

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #21474 on: January 19, 2012, 23:01:56 »

I see Ballast...  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 857 858 [859] 860 861 ... 1027   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines