Hello Guest May 13, 2024, 10:55:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No more Super packs?  (Read 1088 times)

matt5674

No more Super packs?
« on: May 30, 2010, 04:42:10 »

I noticed after the Shipsim.com upgrade, the last expansion pack was the Herkules Atlas. But that was a few weeks ago. I know we missed some ships, like the Marbella Delight, Hydrojet, Furie, and can't remember if there were others, but the super packs were said by Terry to go on up to the release of Ship Simulator Extremes. Anyone else noticed?

(Didn't know where this should be.)
mvsmith, if it is in the wrong area, I am fine with you moving it :thumbs:

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
Re: No more Super packs?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 07:25:46 »

Hi  matt5674
The packs can be downloaded from Creators Forum last one was Fury there are also
other goodys to be had.
                                                                                     Eric

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 12:55:44 »

Looking forward to Marbella's bow thruster ;D
Almost never here, try here.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 13:59:38 »

Hiya McG,

If you refer to the 'controversy' of the Elbe's new bowthruster, that many think should not be there..

Then I would like to interject that the Elbe HAS really got a bowthruster these days, which was fitted when she was laid up during some of the extensive maintenance done on her, I believe around the end of summer, last year.

Just for those that think that chance in the Elbe's dynamics wasn't realistic. It is in fact in order. At least as far as the presence of a thruster goes. I am not a maritime engineer and I haven't sailed the real thing, so I cannot judge how close the vessel's behaviour in the game resembles that of the real deal, obviously.  :)

Regards,
Fred

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 14:11:47 »

Does the Furie pack come without that additional annoying hum..?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 16:37:39 by saltydog »

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 16:18:12 »

Hiya McG,

If you refer to the 'controversy' of the Elbe's new bowthruster, that many think should not be there..

Then I would like to interject that the Elbe HAS really got a bowthruster these days, which was fitted when she was laid up during some of the extensive maintenance done on her, I believe around the end of summer, last year.

I wasn't actually.

I really DO look forward to seeing Marbella with a bow thruster, since most motor yachts have one. Half of them have stern thrusters too...

I am well aware the Elbe was fitted with a bow thruster.

I have been on yachts like M.D., so I look forward to a more realistic Marbella...

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 16:19:45 »

:thumbs:

Understood McG.

I know a lot of people were questioning it, so I thought I'd mention it.   ;D

Regards,
Fred

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 16:23:44 »

She should have a stern thruster too, really...

Might have to go beg Terry...

matt5674

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 17:54:28 »

Hi  matt5674
The packs can be downloaded from Creators Forum last one was Fury there are also
other goodys to be had.
                                                                                     Eric
Okay. I found them. Thanks. And I see a bit of an argument on the Marbella Delight so I'm locking the topic.

I noticed that the Pioneer and Marbella Delight super packs can only be downloaded by Members. I am a registered member there. I don't know why it won't let me download these to packs.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 17:58:21 by matt5674 »

TerryRussell († 2012)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Forum member
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 22:59:56 »

Hi Matt.

Look at the date against them. (Pioneer=12th June 2010, Marbella Delight=26th June 2010). You'll have to wait a little while, yet.

PS In case anyone thinks that the Elbe dynamics weren't realistic, you'd have to argue with the man in charge of it in real life, Roger van der Kraan (Zeesleper Elbe).

The update was programmed by me at Roger's request. He told me:
The bow thruster is built in because we want to make trips with passengers in the Rotterdam port area, so we can manouevre the ship easily. No more long tows around the world, onfortunately. Nevertheless we want to make trips to England, Germany and French coast. And ofcourse an trip to the Azores where the ship was stationned many years.

Roger also very kindly supplied me photographs taken during the installation, the specifications of the thruster unit and its anticipated performance. Following the release, amongst several conversations I had with Roger, he said:
We've sailed a lot of missions with our renewed Elbe and it's bow-thruster this week. It works perfectly well.

Many thanks for this effort!

Kind regards,

Roger van der Kraan
Zeesleper Elbe

:thumbs:

PS I've attached one of the photographs for you.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 23:02:06 by The Ghost of Terry »

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 10:56:04 »

Elbe coming to England...i'll certainly be going to see that :evil:
Kind Regards,
Jack.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines