Hello Guest May 18, 2024, 03:20:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tourist campaign gameplay video released!  (Read 5200 times)

Frank_VSTEP

Tourist campaign gameplay video released!
« on: August 30, 2010, 12:13:53 »

We have released a new video highlighting the Tourist Tales campaign of Ship Simulator Extremes.

This new gameplay video focuses entirely on the Tourist Tales campaign, which is one of the 3 campaigns in the game. Other campaigns are the "Core campaign" and the "Greenpeace campaign".

The Tourist Tales campaign video is an extensive trailer running at 3:53 seconds, and giving a good impression of some of the missions in the campaign as you captain a luxury cruise ship on a very eventful trip around the world.

To take a look at this Tourist Tales campaign trailer, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se2SDEPfCZM

Enjoy!

Frank

Note: Don't forget to take a look at the other Ship Sim Extremes videos here

mullet559

• Forum member
Re: Tourist campaign gameplay video released!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 15:18:25 »

cool video too bad i cant play because of the steam error :(

Finn700

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 19:10:41 »

3D bow waves in this vid.. But not in the actual product.
We ofcourse hope in some day this nice feature will be available in the real thing too, but atm "what you see is what you get", isn't 100% true. :)

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 19:31:44 »

Hi Finn700,

What 3D Waves are you talking about?

Everything in that video is in my game :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Frank_VSTEP

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 20:10:11 »

3D bow waves in this vid.. But not in the actual product.
We ofcourse hope in some day this nice feature will be available in the real thing too, but atm "what you see is what you get", isn't 100% true. :)

The video was made with the actual game and everything you see is ingame.

Finn700

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 20:23:24 »

The video was made with the actual game and everything you see is ingame.
No it's not, I got every slider on max and this is it vs. the video. Not complaining, but funny when you advertise on features which are not included (at least yet).

[Pic edited out]

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 02:44:59 by Finn700 »

Frank_VSTEP

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 20:34:02 »

Finn, you're assumptions are false. Do you really think we have a separate game especially for advertising? Surely not! :lol:

I assure you 100% that it was made ingame with the same build that is available in stores and through download. If you cannot match the quality of the video then it has something to do with your graphics card settings or pc, not with the game.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 20:39:26 by Frank_VSTEP »

pjotr

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 20:38:47 »

The video was made with a ATI Radeon HD 5870 3D card, all graphics at max settings. ATI driver at 8xAA and 8XAF. Framerate between 15 and 30, lowered a but by Fraps capturing. Resolution 1280x720, windowed.

Finn700

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 20:57:49 »

System is Quad-core 9550 with gfx card NVidia 8800GTX with PhysX drivers in Win7 Ultimate, this is PhysX and DX10 compatible card, and I've got water grid and quality @ max and wake quality @ high (the maximum available).
But maybe this thread is not suitable for discussion for this, techical support-area or something is better after all.  :)

KB24

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 21:08:14 »

I think this may be a problem with Bora Bora. Using Orient Star in Bora Bora i also have only "2D" waves.
In every other Environment i got "3D" waves.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 22:16:33 »

Finn,

Although my game renders at about 5-10 frames a second (which is pretty much unplayable) I get the "3d" waves as you call them.

Trust me, I think you'll find it's an issue with your graphics card settings :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Finn700

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 03:11:03 »

Tried the Ocean Star in Marseille and there it worked, but not Bora Bora. Could be something to do with the fact Bora Bora has transparent water and Marseille doesn't, have to investigate more about it. :)

svache

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 00:05:11 »

@Finn700

As some here probably know, I am pretty much a critic when it comes to the new SSE (simply because I hoped for more), but I do have to say you're wrong here. The '3D bow waves' as shown in the video are shown everywhere with me, also in Bora Bora. I haven't seen a single thing in the video that is not appearing on my screen (I finished both the Greenpeace and tourism campaigns).

Now, if you saw something like this picture:

And especially that part of the bow wave where the arrow is, then yes, that is impossible to get from what I know (all you see now is some kind of spray) and there I would agree with you, but I haven't seen that in the video, or in any other video, so there's not much you can say about it imho. I too think you should look at your settings in order to get those 3d bow waves.

Finn700

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 06:22:04 »

@Finn700

As some here probably know, I am pretty much a critic when it comes to the new SSE (simply because I hoped for more), but I do have to say you're wrong here. The '3D bow waves' as shown in the video are shown everywhere with me, also in Bora Bora. I haven't seen a single thing in the video that is not appearing on my screen (I finished both the Greenpeace and tourism campaigns).

Now, if you saw something like this picture:

And especially that part of the bow wave where the arrow is, then yes, that is impossible to get from what I know (all you see now is some kind of spray) and there I would agree with you, but I haven't seen that in the video, or in any other video, so there's not much you can say about it imho. I too think you should look at your settings in order to get those 3d bow waves.
We do not talk about the same thing, what I mean is the waves seen @ youtube video, growing delta-shaped 3d-waves which the ship leaves behind when it displaces water :)
In Bora Bora the waves are there, but not 3d, looks almost like they are underwater thus not raising the water up to actually form a wave, but in Marseille it works.

Look at 1:16-1:17 for clarification. :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 06:31:08 by Finn700 »

svache

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 11:18:41 »

We do not talk about the same thing, what I mean is the waves seen @ youtube video, growing delta-shaped 3d-waves which the ship leaves behind when it displaces water :)
In Bora Bora the waves are there, but not 3d, looks almost like they are underwater thus not raising the water up to actually form a wave, but in Marseille it works.

Look at 1:16-1:17 for clarification. :)
I know exactly what you mean, and that is exactly what I see in my game. Those waves are shown on every ship in every scenery on my computer.

What I meant to point out with the picture was that if you would say something about that image, then you would have right to speak because that is not in the game while you can see it on several images (as if it was in-game). I know you are not speaking about that image but I was merely showing that the picture was not the same as in the game, while the 3d bow waves you speak about are actually in the game.

The bow waves that you mean, also in Bora Bora, just as you have shown in the youtube vid at that time, are visible on my computer. There is absolutely nothing in that video that I do not see in the game on my computer. In every single scenery that I see, the waves are above the water and forming a wave. Not only my own ships but also other AI ships that pass me create the same waves (and depending on the size and speed of these ships, the size of the waves also differ).

KB24

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 14:16:17 »

I got same problem as Finn. 3d waves in every environment except Bora Bora.

So don't worry Finn you're not the only one with this Problem... >:(

TJK

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 18:27:15 »

Here are one from me to
tourist campaign mission the beach

http://www.youtube.com/user/torejk#p/u/5/ttc2WKG6r0E

Tore

Finn700

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2010, 08:20:00 »

I noticed something from that video, in my version those mooring markers are always yellow, but you seem to have them red when there's line attached to it.
Which version you're using? Mine is Steam, 1.1.0 build 1037.

TJK

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 11:34:40 »

HI
Yes it was? well wait to see watt happen when you update you game, i used my beta to take that movie, my mistake

Tore,
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines