Hello Guest May 29, 2024, 08:34:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guess what I bought!!!  (Read 7278 times)

TerryRussell

Re: Guess what I bought!!!
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 22:47:50 »

Too much marmite, Fred.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 23:11:54 »

Nah, I eat Fredgemite!

That's my own mix, it's made of the following ingredients:

Blended raw bloody steak
Liquified Beef Jerky
Tobasco sauce
Crude oil
Rock salt, still in rock form of course
Sambal
Essence of cat's bum
Suspicious looking toxic molds
And Battery acid

It would be lovely on bread, but it unfortunatly completely desolves the bread when applied to it. And the plate, come to think of it... and the kitchen table..
So I make it in enamel pots, that get worn through every 6 or 7 batches. And just eat straight from the pot, with a titanium spoon, that stays good for about 6 months.

It's a real spicey spread (which you cannot actually spread on anything eatable).. It'll make a man out of everyone! Even women!   ;D

Fred

« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 23:13:36 by Mad_Fred »

TerryRussell

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 07:52:53 »

You've met my ex-wife, then?

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2008, 08:39:44 »

My friend has an iPhone I was using it today.. it's alright, apart from the touch screen. It is really easy to bump letters next to the character you are trying to type. [ and no, I don't have fat fingers :P].

Have fun with it!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 16:23:54 »

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2008, 16:50:58 »

Essence of cat's bum

Ewwww! this is a warning to all cats, Fred and his Evil Minions are on the loose to get bum essence from your backsides! haha :D

Kind Regards,
Jack.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2008, 16:54:30 »

Breaking news, cats everywhere have resorted to pulling funny faces to scare of Fred and His Evil minions that are looking for essence of cats bum :D ;D

Kind Regards,
Jack.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2008, 18:20:05 »

Heh heh...   :P

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2008, 18:25:55 »

;D.

Anyway, I have a phone, but I just did not really want it :(. I really dont care if you can touch the screen of the phone. I see a phone as a device that lets you call people. Not to text message or have games or play music. With text messaging, the bill goes up and up and up. To be honest, I never really use my phone. But, yesterday, it did come in handy because I sprained my ancle at the basket ball courts.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2008, 19:46:02 »

;D.

Anyway, I have a phone, but I just did not really want it :(. I really dont care if you can touch the screen of the phone. I see a phone as a device that lets you call people. Not to text message or have games or play music. With text messaging, the bill goes up and up and up. To be honest, I never really use my phone. But, yesterday, it did come in handy because I sprained my ancle at the basket ball courts.

I have an unlimited data plan for $70. The bill will never go up no matter how much I use it. Even with my old plan I had 200 text messages for $50 a month.

Ship Sim

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2008, 22:50:18 »

wow 70 dollars a month.Still alot of money to me. :D Of course I dont have a cell phone. :D

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2008, 05:41:54 »

:o :o200 Text Messages :o :o

**Choke, Choke** Thump

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2008, 08:34:53 »

Wow. I have seen the mobile before.

I got Sony Ericsson W710i :) Its fine enough for me ;) MAN. i want Iphone Now ;D

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2008, 08:37:34 »

Ewwww! this is a warning to all cats, Fred and his Evil Minions are on the loose to get bum essence from your backsides! haha :D

hahahaahahaha. is it fred holding the cat ;D

or a cat that just has seen a Iphone that the kitty wish ;D

Jayshum

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2008, 01:23:31 »

I love my iPod Touch, and the only reason I don't have an iPhone is because it's FAR too expensive. And I don't mean the device, I mean the price plans. £35-70 a month is ridiculous.

Jackobaker53

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2008, 18:12:23 »

Why do they have to make it such strange numbers,so exact, 3G,why not call it 10G or 5G or a number we'll remember  ::)
Gypsies call themselves travellers,but most of their caravans dont have wheels

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2008, 18:16:21 »

Why do they have to make it such strange numbers,so exact, 3G,why not call it 10G or 5G or a number we'll remember  ::)

because 3G stands for 3rd Generation ... :)

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 18:37:27 by Denis »

TerryRussell

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2008, 18:32:39 »

Yes.

1st Generation were the "mobile" phones that needed a small engine to move them. I had one of those. It weighed a ton! The battery was separate, or you could wire it into the car's system. It was portabe, in that it communicated by radio waves.

We used to sign it out from the company if we needed a phone. As the company was Racal, and they had the very first such phones in the UK, we were amongst the first to use them, I think. Back in the mid to late 1980s.

2nd Generation were smaller. I had a "Mars Bar", which was large compared to today's devices, but probably the best I've ever had. It was easy to carry in my inside jacket pocket, the screen was large enough to read even when it was sat in a cradle in my car. The keys were large enough for me to use. It was voice operated! "Phone! Dial Fred". And it did.

Now I have a 3G phone and I hate the stupid little thing. I need a magnifying glass to read the screen. I need a match stick to press the keys. It takes 20 key presses to do what I used to do with one or two presses.

I will not use it for internet or emails or watching movies. I have a 21" monitor in my office and larger still at home for doing that. Why do I want to struggle with something the size of a postage stamp and pay vast sums of money for it, when using my phone?

Progress? Not for me.  >:(  :( (Victor Meldrew impression here)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2008, 19:50:10 »

Yes.

1st Generation were the "mobile" phones that needed a small engine to move them. I had one of those. It weighed a ton! The battery was separate, or you could wire it into the car's system. It was portabe, in that it communicated by radio waves.

We used to sign it out from the company if we needed a phone. As the company was Racal, and they had the very first such phones in the UK, we were amongst the first to use them, I think. Back in the mid to late 1980s.

2nd Generation were smaller. I had a "Mars Bar", which was large compared to today's devices, but probably the best I've ever had. It was easy to carry in my inside jacket pocket, the screen was large enough to read even when it was sat in a cradle in my car. The keys were large enough for me to use. It was voice operated! "Phone! Dial Fred". And it did.

Now I have a 3G phone and I hate the stupid little thing. I need a magnifying glass to read the screen. I need a match stick to press the keys. It takes 20 key presses to do what I used to do with one or two presses.

I will not use it for internet or emails or watching movies. I have a 21" monitor in my office and larger still at home for doing that. Why do I want to struggle with something the size of a postage stamp and pay vast sums of money for it, when using my phone?

My grandma still has one of those

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2008, 20:00:58 »

Yes.

I do not really agree ... 1G, 2G and 3G correspond to wireless telecommunication norms, written by the ITU (International Communication Union).

1G corresponds to analog cellphones, in the early 80s
2G corresponds to the GSM norm,  and the data protocols that were added later over it (GPRS - "2.5G" and EDGE - "2.75G" ). Most of mobile phones (still built and used) today are "2G", even very small ones !!!!
3G corresponds to the UMTS norm, whose main purpose is to accelerate data transfer rates on mobile equipements (mobile phones, smartphones, PDA, usb stick for laptops, ...)

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2008, 20:02:44 »

And, oh, by the way, I'm totally aware this is absolutely off topic  ;D ;D ;D

TerryRussell

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2008, 20:32:26 »

I do not really agree ... 1G, 2G and 3G correspond to wireless telecommunication norms, written by the ITU (International Communication Union).

1G corresponds to analog cellphones, in the early 80s
2G corresponds to the GSM norm,  and the data protocols that were added later over it (GPRS - "2.5G" and EDGE - "2.75G" ). Most of mobile phones (still built and used) today are "2G", even very small ones !!!!
3G corresponds to the UMTS norm, whose main purpose is to accelerate data transfer rates on mobile equipements (mobile phones, smartphones, PDA, usb stick for laptops, ...)

Hi Denis!

What I said is correct, though. My original phone was one of the very first ever produced. Although we didn't call it such, it was a first generation device. As I said, this was in the early 80's. Racal (the company for whom I worked) were the first to produce such devices, I think. (That part of Racal later became Vodaphone).

The next, smaller one I had was indeed "2G" and much smaller. As you say, it was a GSM device.

Sorry to disagree about current phones, but in the UK, they've been advertisd and sold as 3G for some while. My current phone is 3G most certainly. Although I hate it, it does perform complex data transmissions for me.

Look here:
http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Oct2007/5280.htm to see one of my phones. I've had this stupid device since October last year.

The size is just a reflection of the progress of the electronics.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2008, 18:16:45 »

Your iPhone 3G order is ready to be picked up at the AT&T store where
you reserved it.  Please bring your reservation receipt and a valid ID
when you pick-up your order.   You will also want to ensure that your
account is in good standing at time of pickup by making payment in
store.   This will avoid any account status issues due to mail delays.

Our AT&T representative will contact you to arrange a pick up time.  If
you are an Original iPhone customer our representative can assist you
with activating your new iPhone 3G and also your Original iPhone.  Your
plans may include giving your Original iPhone to another family member.

:D:D:D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines