Hello Guest May 04, 2024, 11:45:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Please - I got the demo on Steam, and it won't load/start!  (Read 1232 times)

keavon

• Forum member

Hello. When I open it, it just opens this always on top box with 3 "windows" shown in my task bar. The problem is that it says 0% and NEVER counts up or changes. The little bar thingy moves across the screen over and over, but it never starts. Please help!
(I am using Windows XP Pro SP2)

Firestar

• Forum member
Re: Help Please - I got the demo on Steam, and it won't load/start!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 17:53:03 »

I have a feeling it has to do with that you're running SP2. SP3 is extremely important, and I know of a lot of different softwares that don't support SP2 versions of XP. If you're running 64-bit than as far as I know, there is no SP3.

BlckBelt

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 00:19:16 »

i had the same problem though i am running windows 7. forget the steam demo, go to shipsim.com and download the free demo there. When i did that it worked flawlessly.Hope you have the same results.
SSE MP: BlckBelt
Steam ID: blckbelttkd

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 01:16:00 »

I don't know if this has to do with your problem, but SP2 for XP is no longer supported by Microsoft..
You should upgrade to SP3..

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 09:15:47 »

If you're using XP SP2, then chances are your graphic card driver will be out of date as well.

Please update your graphic card driver as well, if appropriate.  :thumbs:
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Firestar

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 17:38:53 »

I don't know if this has to do with your problem, but SP2 for XP is no longer supported by Microsoft..
You should upgrade to SP3..
Before we know it, Microsoft will end support for XP entirely. They've already stopped making Windows Media Player and Windows Live Essentials and all the other beneficial programs for XP.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 17:54:30 »

I have a feeling it has to do with that you're running SP2. SP3 is extremely important, and I know of a lot of different softwares that don't support SP2 versions of XP. If you're running 64-bit than as far as I know, there is no SP3.

Right, SP3 is only for 32-bit systems.. :)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/end-support-windows-xp-sp2-windows-vista-without-service-packs
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines