Hello Guest May 07, 2024, 03:37:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
 on: November 17, 2022, 19:20:39 
Started by Swadro - Last post by The Ferry Man
Call me old fashioned, but I like the old days where you paid a sum and got to actually own something

I would love to get a new ship sim, but I wouldn't pay for eveyr month for it - I wouldn't play it enough to justify it.

on: November 07, 2022, 00:44:43 
Started by Swadro - Last post by Captain Cadet
So I’m a little bit, unsure what to say here, as I’m a developer for a company that sells subscription software

Ultimately, the software is expensive and the developers are expensive. You need investments to be able to make software in the last few years. There has been a big push for software as a service model which relies on subscriptions. To get the capital to make the software your business plan must be liked by your investors. VSTEP is not making this software the goodness of its heart. They need money and profit from this endeavor.

This software will need after overtime will need bug fixes, maintenance, and new features which will cost money. In the past, VSTEP has been terrible at supporting games long-term which worries me no you’re a service, people expect things to work on things to get better. Being static does not cut it people can cancel subscriptions very easily.

I’m a bit concerned that this is very overpriced for most players, especially casual players and I’ve argued before saying that young me would not have been able to pay for this. But I also know where the money needs to come from. as I had to explain to one of our customers (who I know personally) developers are expensive so there’s that cash flow needed.

I’m a little bit sceptical, just like response of everyone here, that VSTEP may have set the price too expensive and will fail as a result.

I won't be getting this game as I’m now a Mac user (blame my job) but will be interested in who does actually get the game and their experiences

on: November 04, 2022, 19:52:27 
Started by Swadro - Last post by thecarbu
Hello, to paraphrase the ad and laugh a bit.

Whether you're a simulation enthusiast, a maritime professional wanting to keep your skills sharp, or the head of a maritime training organisation, Nautis Home will meet your expectations for the minimal annual outlay of just under €60, perhaps as much as €72 during the Early Access period. In a little over a year, it will be just under €100 per year.

It's exciting: Indeed, thanks to a graphically dazzlingly accurate environment, the enthusiast will be able to learn the finer points of docking various ships with multiple tugs, subject to strong and variable wind and cross-current. The realism of the manoeuvres will amaze professionals and enthusiasts alike.

Of course, it remains to be seen whether the subscription will be like (for example) Netflix, with the possibility of leaving and returning, what quality the internet connection should be, etc.

A bit like MSFlightSimulator 2020.

Regards,
Luc

Whow !! so much expensive for a game !! 100€ a year !!! comparered to Fligt Simulator..... i'm affraid i won't purchase  a licence...

on: October 08, 2022, 17:06:37 
Started by Rooster24 - Last post by Traddles
Hi,
I also notice this Jan. In some of the short films of the main Nautis there do seem to be bow
waves in some shots but not in others. The movement of the vessels does seem to be rather "jumpy" and not steady. Could possibly be bad reproduction and not as in the simulator???

Angus/

on: October 08, 2022, 14:28:14 
Started by Rooster24 - Last post by Rooster24
Hi all,

Looking at the short movies introducing Nautis I don't see any bow spray... In shipsim extremes it also was not natural, but in this new developed sim it is a missed chance? Or am I mistaken?

on: October 05, 2022, 09:08:18 
Started by Swadro - Last post by Mr Robville
I am personally not a fan of subscription models, though in this case it could have its advantage.
With the ShipSim games there was a recurring problem of a lack of support, even within Vstep's doors. When I did customer support, I'd often receive requests for improvements that on the surface would appear very easy to implement. But it was impossible to do so because the knowledge had already disappeared about an engine that is very user-unfriendly to figure out. Vstep had already moved on to their next product basically.

With a subscription model and a brand new platform to build on, I'd reckon the main advantage is that they have an incentive to keep everything updated, and actually have money to allocate resources on fixing/improving issues. With ShipSim, once it was out, it was out, and from the day of release, the chances of improvements being made would decrease by the day.

@Traddles,
PC tech has definitely improved. I always thought of my last PC to be pretty quick since it was good back when I bought it. Until after 8 years I realized that it simply wasn't anymore. I now assembled a machine that isn't even top of the line at all, and it is already light years faster than my previous machine. These specs are pretty alright for the average new PC nowadays. It just sucks that since chip shortage, the average PC now seems to cost what a top of the line machine used to cost pre-2019.

@MokMok,
Although P2W is indeed highly profitable, Vstep considers this a simulator rather than a game anymore. Since there is no inherent player vs player challenge in a simulator, nor the flexibility to alter ship behaviour without ruining the realism, a P2W model doesn't seem to fit that well in it. Though I would not be surprised if at some point they'd opt to have custom paint schemes in there if there is a large enough audience.

on: October 01, 2022, 15:08:35 
Started by Swadro - Last post by MokMok
Hello again Luc,
In the August Email from Vstep there was a poll which included the hardware requirements.
The hardware requirements mentioned are :- Windows 10 / 11
                                                                  Memory 16GB Ram
                                                                  GPU Nvidia 1060GTX or Equivalent.
Hardly a typical Windows PC.????? Or am I possibly totally out of touch nowadays, now that I am getting very old?

To run Nautis Home properly, I think that this game isn't suitable for running on an average Windows PC. It seems to be that you need a state of the art game PC to run this game well. While Virtual Sailor NG doesn't need that high hardware requirements to run this game.

on: September 30, 2022, 19:06:42 
Started by Swadro - Last post by Traddles
Hello again Luc,
In the August Email from Vstep there was a poll which included the hardware requirements.
The hardware requirements mentioned are :- Windows 10 / 11
                                                                  Memory 16GB Ram
                                                                  GPU Nvidia 1060GTX or Equivalent.
Hardly a typical Windows PC.????? Or am I possibly totally out of touch nowadays, now that I am getting very old?

Regards,
Angus.

on: September 30, 2022, 18:00:46 
Started by Swadro - Last post by MokMok
Vstep should better introduce a pay to win model (P2W) in Nautis Home in order to acces extra features and to achieve higher levels, in stead of using a monthly/yearly subscription model. Pay to win is very common in (naval) wargames like World of Warships and War Thunder. Advantage of P2W is that a game is free with only basic features enabled.

on: September 30, 2022, 16:00:59 
Started by Swadro - Last post by LucAtC
Hello Angus,
Please tell me the requirements, indeed nor the Nautis Home August, and September for that matter, Update newsletters seem to contain hardware requirements, except indirectly the now famous ...
We are confident that NAUTIS Home will run on a typical Windows PC or Laptop with a recent GPU.

As well, the issue of wind and currents has not yet been addressed, and the subscription could benefit from some clarification : Will it be possible to hire a month - or 6 eventually - from time to time?
The comparison with MSFS 2020 is, I know, not quite right, not honest, but it is also surprising that downgrading Nautis 3 to Home takes so much more time and efforts than upgrading Ship Simulator 2008 to Nautis.

Having re-read my previous post, I wonder if the sarcasm wasn't too much diluted in nice talk. I find all that a bit ridiculous.
Anyway, wait and see !

Regards,
Luc

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines