Hello Guest May 16, 2024, 09:27:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Takes a Lot of nerve  (Read 8786 times)

Bromstarzan

• Forum member
Re: Takes a Lot of nerve
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2010, 02:18:31 »

Well, it just makes me sad to see this series slowly sink...
I enjoyed the 2008 so much and now with the extremes (not working), and selling it off at 50% - it really sounds like they are banging the nails into the coffin.

Of course, this is not what I expected, nor is it something I wanted to see. How is it possible that a guy over at Vehicle Simulator can do a Ship Simulator better than Vstep? Maybe Vstep should rename their franchise to "Ship browsing" ... instead of using the "Sim" term in the future. (I hope their roadmap doesn't...) 

Now, enough of complaints - comon Vstep, shape up, get a grip and continue develop something that we (the community) really long for and can enjoy, both during development phase and after release!

Just my opinion.

/Broms

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2010, 17:43:39 »

Well, it just makes me sad to see this series slowly sink...
I enjoyed the 2008 so much and now with the extremes (not working), and selling it off at 50% - it really sounds like they are banging the nails into the coffin.

Of course, this is not what I expected, nor is it something I wanted to see. How is it possible that a guy over at Vehicle Simulator can do a Ship Simulator better than Vstep? Maybe Vstep should rename their franchise to "Ship browsing" ... instead of using the "Sim" term in the future. (I hope their roadmap doesn't...) 

Now, enough of complaints - comon Vstep, shape up, get a grip and continue develop something that we (the community) really long for and can enjoy, both during development phase and after release!

Just my opinion.

/Broms

i enjoy it so dose quite a lot of people.
but they must make a profit on it or they will go bust. no point selling a game for £10 when it worth £100 pounds. And the sale is only for this mouth.
if you can find a good ship simulator like what you ask for, for less than £100 I will suprise
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

Bromstarzan

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2010, 17:15:46 »

i enjoy it so dose quite a lot of people.
but they must make a profit on it or they will go bust. no point selling a game for £10 when it worth £100 pounds. And the sale is only for this mouth.
if you can find a good ship simulator like what you ask for, for less than £100 I will suprise

Well, I know many enjoy it - and I feel happy for you all. I enjoyed SS08 and wish I could enjoy SSE.

So you estimate the value of Ship Sim Extreme to £100? Hmmm... that would put it in the Steal Beast Pro PE Sim category - which is lightyears ahead of SSE. I dont mean to be rude, but what other sims are you comparing with?

The ocean wave+wind engine used by Ilan Papini is far better than Vsteps SSE as far as I have seen... (maybe I'm missing a major patch? - but after the last update my SSE keep on crashing  ;D). I just refer to my own experience of steering a ship in different sea conditions.

Tip for future release: Where are the functional RADAR, GPS, EchoSounding, and Radio? There is no feel in SSE for heave and counter steer as compared to Papinis engine. Maybe Vstep can learn a little from there, instead of investing time/$ in false marketing (sorry).

Ok, I had my rage-time and believe me - I usually never complain about software products. So next part is the useful constructive feedback part:

1) Build a sim engine from bottom - low graphic specs - and high sim specs. (raise graphic levels after sim level)
2) Loose the graphics hook! We (sorry, I) don't care so much about 200000 reflections as we do about a functioning RADAR, GPS and communication means!
3) Engine needs rewamp for thrusters and the ship need a wind/wave impact
4) Adding tidal and general currents would be a plus (but awefully hard).
5) ... you fill in here!

All the best,
Broms

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 17:18:12 by Bromstarzan »

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2010, 17:46:51 »

Hi Broms,
Purely as a matter of interest could you post your DxDiag for us to look at? I have checked all your posts and can find no trace of it. Before you shout at me I think it could well be that your computer is not up to playing SSE.

Regards,
Traddles.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2010, 11:45:27 »

Hi Broms,
Thanks for your PM. I cannot see any real reason why your computer will not run SSE in a satisfactory way. However I must admit to not being a computer expert. If you could post your DxDiag here on the forum then I feel sure that wiser people than I would be able to offer their help.

Traddles.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

nathan.rail

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2010, 19:25:32 »

The VSTEP is working very hard to fix the problems. And I like SSE very much  :thumbs: having it some problems or not, it's better then haven't got a ship simulator, (except if the problem envolves not start the game  :doh:)

About the auto pilot, I never will use it, I prefer sail by myself, it's very better, more exciting. What's the fun if the computer do everythink, and we only watch? ??? :(       It's literally the computer which plays, and not us.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines